Raceland/LCA Predictions

sidelinedoc

Who will win?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

LCA beat Hazard by around 40 last year in regular season. Hazard came back and beat them in the playoffs when it really mattered. All you have to do is fight, believe and play with everything you have and it can happen!

You got that right. It can happen, it happend. The battle cry for this game should be, "Remember 2007", it can happen, and has. And Hazard did pull the big upset last year, when not many people thought it could happen. If the players want it, it can happen.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no dog in this fight however, for my brother-in-law Randy Cooper or Coop Dog I am pulling for Raceland and good luck to you guys. I adopted Raceland and wish them the best. JD:dancingpa

JD, many links between Cooper and Raceland. I think we maybe linked as "sister schools" for quite sometime. Many of us feel a closeness to Cooper.

Edited by Ram

You got that right. It can happen, it happend. The battle cry for this game should be, "Remember 2007", it can happen, and has. And Hazard did pull the big upset last year, when not many people thought it could happen. If the players want it, it can happen.

you are correct - and LCA has some players who remember all of that history as well and want this game just as badly as the Raceland players. :)

this game will come down to execution and resolve...should be another great HS football game and we only hope we can create 1/2 the atmosphere that we experience when we travel to Raceland! You guys are awesome fans and terrific opponents and a great team with excellent coaches...LCA has nothing but respect for the Raceland program.

You are correct - and LCA has some players who remember all of that history as well and want this game just as badly as the Raceland players. :)

This game will come down to execution and resolve...should be another great HS football game and we only hope we can create 1/2 the atmosphere that we experience when we travel to Raceland! You guys are awesome fans and terrific opponents and a great team with excellent coaches...LCA has nothing but respect for the Raceland program.

We look forward to the match up as well 2E. Thanks for the compliments, we do our best to make the game not just a game, but an event, that is what everyone's goal should be. You all do a great job of hosting games, no complaints from us.

Yes, you all can use the "Remember 2007" battle cry too, it kind of works both ways for this game.:lol:

I have no dog in this fight however, for my brother-in-law Randy Cooper or Coop Dog I am pulling for Raceland and good luck to you guys. I adopted Raceland and wish them the best. JD:dancingpa

Thank you JD as I have adopted Cooper High (in memory and tribute to "Coop Dog") as my NKY school. :ylsuper:

I believe in the upset, and I believe when men come together with a common goal anything can happen, and I believe in the Rams team and there coaching staff to put together a complete game in order to win. LCA is a great team and has great talent with a pretty outstanding coaching staff, but they are not unbeatable ether, it will take a prefect game to beat them and in that I believe the Raceland Rams can do just that make the biggest upset in the state this week. Good luck Rams and good luck to LCA they will need it when the Rams come in to town.

As Beechwood has always clearly stated, play strong teams during the season (Non District teams) to help prepare your team for the Playoffs:

Of Raceland's 6 non-District Regular Season games, 5 of those teams made the playoffs (E.Carter did not - but Boyd Co, Ashland-Blazer, Fleming Co, Greenup Co & Russell did) - well done! However, of those 5 teams who made the playoffs, 0 made it past the first round.

Of LCA's 6 non-District Regular Season games, 5 of those teams made the playoffs (TN team did not - but CAL, LynnCamp, BreathittCo, LexCath & Corbin did) - also good scheduling! Of those 5 teams, 4 made it to the 2nd round (LynnCamp got beat in round 1 by Raceland); and of those 4 teams, 3 are playing again this week in the 3rd round (CAL got beat by NCC - LexCath, Breathitt & Corbin all play this week).

This means absolutely NOTHING in this weeks game because both teams are here and will be ready to play - but I woke up early this fine Sunday morning and felt like analyzing something before church! LOL :)

Take it with a grain of salt - but it is fun to just hope & pray that our teams are prepared for battle based upon History - including this years history as well - not just last year or 2007.

One good thing Raceland has going for them is that ALL of the pressure in this game is on LCA. In 2007, they nearly suffered a playoff loss to a Raceland team they had beaten by 35 in the regular season before going on to lose to Beechwood. In 2008, they lost in the playoffs to a Hazard team they had beaten by 42 just 4 weeks earlier. In 2009, they once again seem to be the prohibitive favorite to win a state title and they beat this Raceland team by 40 a month ago...but results show they have a history of losses and "near" losses just like this!

I think it is VERY important for Raceland to get a "small victory" over LCA early on in this game, whether it be a score, a turnover, or even a defensive stop. That could be enough of a reminder of past playoff failures to allow the seeds of doubt that must be in the minds of the LCA players to grow. That in turn could lead to LCA "trying too hard" and ultimately making mistakes. Raceland has NOTHING to lose in this one.

Whew...you guys definitely serve up strong orange kool-aid! I am starting to go against everything the stat sheets tell me and think Raceland might be able to pull off the upset.

And sometimes that juice is poisonous - ask Jim Jones followers! LOL :)

LCA kids are very well coached and are thinking about execution of the gameplan ONLY - I believe they looked past Hazard last year because they beat them previously 49-7 (or something like that) - these kids understand what is needed to get the job done THIS WEEK...

Edited by Ram

...All you have to do is fight, believe and play with everything you have and it can happen!

I believe in the upset, and I believe when men come together with a common goal anything can happen...

These are my sentiments exactly. Honestly, it’s opportunities such this which captures the heart of any competitor. It’s opportunities such as this which separates warriors from wannabes. I believe Raceland has a few warriors, some known, some ready to make it known.

The stage is set for Raceland to accomplish something truly remarkable and memorable. Nothing can change the past…but Raceland sure has an opportunity to make and extraordinary statement with this next game.

Undoubtedly, LCA has improved over the season. Likewise, this Raceland team which will take the field on Friday will be significantly different than the one which traveled to Lexington last October.

As Beechwood has always clearly stated, play strong teams during the season (Non District teams) to help prepare your team for the Playoffs:

Of Raceland's 6 non-District Regular Season games, 5 of those teams made the playoffs (E.Carter did not - but Boyd Co, Ashland-Blazer, Fleming Co, Greenup Co & Russell did) - well done! However, of those 5 teams who made the playoffs, 0 made it past the first round.

Of LCA's 6 non-District Regular Season games, 5 of those teams made the playoffs (TN team did not - but CAL, LynnCamp, BreathittCo, LexCath & Corbin did) - also good scheduling! Of those 5 teams, 4 made it to the 2nd round (LynnCamp got beat in round 1 by Raceland); and of those 4 teams, 3 are playing again this week in the 3rd round (CAL got beat by NCC - LexCath, Breathitt & Corbin all play this week).

This means absolutely NOTHING in this weeks game because both teams are here and will be ready to play - but I woke up early this fine Sunday morning and felt like analyzing something before church! LOL :)

Take it with a grain of salt - but it is fun to just hope & pray that our teams are prepared for battle based upon History - including this years history as well - not just last year or 2007.

2E, all good information. I think, and I think most would agree with me, LCA wins the strength of schedule contest. They have played some great teams that have put together great seasons.

Raceland's schedule does have some intangibles that don't show up in most analysis, such as playoff atmosphere, and duplication of big game situation. Ashland and Russell fit that bill. Those games are basically on the schedule for two reasons: money, and playoff duplication.

But, nonetheless, LCA wins the strength of schedule.

One good thing Raceland has going for them is that ALL of the pressure in this game is on LCA. In 2007, they nearly suffered a playoff loss to a Raceland team they had beaten by 35 in the regular season before going on to lose to Beechwood. In 2008, they lost in the playoffs to a Hazard team they had beaten by 42 just 4 weeks earlier. In 2009, they once again seem to be the prohibitive favorite to win a state title and they beat this Raceland team by 40 a month ago...but results show they have a history of losses and "near" losses just like this!

I think it is VERY important for Raceland to get a "small victory" over LCA early on in this game, whether it be a score, a turnover, or even a defensive stop. That could be enough of a reminder of past playoff failures to allow the seeds of doubt that must be in the minds of the LCA players to grow. That in turn could lead to LCA "trying too hard" and ultimately making mistakes. Raceland has NOTHING to lose in this one.

Whew...you guys definitely serve up strong orange kool-aid! I am starting to go against everything the stat sheets tell me and think Raceland might be able to pull off the upset.

Ryan, that is what happens when you start looking at the history of Raceland football. It is filled with wins that most logical people would not have thought they would have been able to win. Raceland's history is full of improbable wins.

Now, if you look at the Raceland/LCA series, you will see some great games, and some great upsets. Take for example last season: LCA was the heavy favorite in the regular season. Who won? Raceland won. Then in the playoffs, I don't know who the real favorite was, but after the regular season win, I would think many favored Raceland. Then who won? That's right, LCA won. This series is full these kind of games.

LCA won the regular season. Who will win this game? Stay tuned more to come in this series.

I would love to see Raceland win because i went to school there unitl the 7th grade way back in the day but I also think LCA is a very loaded squad. Raceland would need a few breaks to go thier way to win. I also agree Raceland will need to put up alot of points. We all know anything could happen but one thing I do know for sure holding LCA under 21 points is going to be a challange in its self. I hope Raceland brings plenty of offensive firepower. Good luck to both teams.

I think, and I think most would agree with me, LCA wins the strength of schedule contest.

Raceland's schedule does have some intangibles that don't show up in most analysis, such as playoff atmosphere, and duplication of big game situation. Ashland and Russell fit that bill.

But, nonetheless, LCA wins the strength of schedule.

:thumb: I agree Ram, LCA wins the strength of schedule. Good news is that Raceland doesn't have to play everyone on LCA's schedule on Friday night, just have to play LCA. Bad news is LCA is imo the best Class A football team in the state of KY. this year.

One more thought......as Dr, Lou Holtz says, "we don't have to be the best team all season......we just have to be the best team for 4qtrs. in this one game"

L.C.A. is no doubt the obvious favorite and we have been in that situation before as well. "Been There, Done That", the only thing I can absolutely guarantee is that Raceland will show up and play every play as hard as they can go untill the final horn sounds and that the Raceland fan base will be well represented in Lexington on Friday night........the "Ram Nation" will travel!