Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gtown vs. U of L

Featured Replies

Now I know you've made some outlandish statements on here, but surely you didn't really believe that...

 

Pitino was quote as saying he didn't think they would win.

 

UL won 80 - 68.

  • Replies 31
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Silva had a big game with 6 points, 8 assists & 6 steals.

 

Samuels led with 20 points.

 

Next up is Bellarmine, then the real deal w/ Arkansas.

Pitino was quote as saying he didn't think they would win.

 

UL won 80 - 68.

 

Pitino said they weren't ready for a first game, and also said he wasn't setting them up for a loss....

Pitino said they weren't ready for a first game, and also said he wasn't setting them up for a loss....

 

Maybe.

 

He also said that he "didn't think we would win..."

Maybe.

 

He also said that he "didn't think we would win..."

 

Maybe. We must have heard two different pressers. :thumb:

Siva played well, the best true PG they've had since Wheat. I see Sosa playing some two this year to get Siva on the floor more. Samuels was a beast and Kyle Kuric was the big surprise of the night. I think Siva and Kuric will have good years. Kuric may end up being the three man over Delk.

 

Of course, this was a "exhibition" and sometimes it's hard to tell much. Pitino said himself they only had two offensive sets, and one press installed right now. The Cardinal team may be dangerous late in the year, but they will have some growing pains. I like the potential of the team.

Siva played well, the best true PG they've had since Wheat. I see Sosa playing some two this year to get Siva on the floor more. Samuels was a beast and Kyle Kuric was the big surprise of the night. I think Siva and Kuric will have good years. Kuric may end up being the three man over Delk.

 

Of course, this was a "exhibition" and sometimes it's hard to tell much. Pitino said himself they only had two offensive sets, and one press installed right now. The Cardinal team may be dangerous late in the year, but they will have some growing pains. I like the potential of the team.

 

I really liked Kuric's game tonight. And I agree he may get the start at the 3 over Delk. I'm still a firm believer that Swopshire should never see the court. Once Rakeem gets more reps, I look for him to get the most minutes at the 4.

Maybe. We must have heard two different pressers. :thumb:

 

http://www.uoflsports.com/sports/m-baskbl/recaps/102809aaa.html

 

"To be honest, I didn't think we would win because we weren't really ready to open tonight and we had to win with incredible hustle," said Cards' head coach Rick Pitino. "We wanted to get our guys experience and get them a lot of playing time. We did a much better job in the second half."

http://www.uoflsports.com/sports/m-baskbl/recaps/102809aaa.html

 

"To be honest, I didn't think we would win because we weren't really ready to open tonight and we had to win with incredible hustle," said Cards' head coach Rick Pitino. "We wanted to get our guys experience and get them a lot of playing time. We did a much better job in the second half."

 

Like I said, we must have seen/heard different pressers. :thumb:

G-town has a few Louisville kids who I'm sure were pretty geeked up to play the Cardinals:

Vincent Krutcher - PRP

Sexton - Trinity

Johann Hamilton - Ballard

 

Georgetown has a lot of new faces so to hang this close and actually lead for a lot of the game is a big success.

Siva played well, the best true PG they've had since Wheat. I see Sosa playing some two this year to get Siva on the floor more. Samuels was a beast and Kyle Kuric was the big surprise of the night. I think Siva and Kuric will have good years. Kuric may end up being the three man over Delk.

 

Of course, this was a "exhibition" and sometimes it's hard to tell much. Pitino said himself they only had two offensive sets, and one press installed right now. The Cardinal team may be dangerous late in the year, but they will have some growing pains. I like the potential of the team.

I think Siva will get more than enough playing time but I really can't imagine Sosa playing the 2 in a normal game.

I think Siva will get more than enough playing time but I really can't imagine Sosa playing the 2 in a normal game.

 

Only in the case of foul trouble, but I think those two could be on the court at the same time some.

I think the only real concern UL will have is production from the forward positions.

I think the only real concern UL will have is production from the forward positions.

 

I agree, I think the scoring is production will be real inconsistent there. Kuric/Delk at the 3 and Swop/Buckles at the 4. Not a lot of experience there at all.

I think the only real concern UL will have is production from the forward positions.
From what I saw of Kuric the other night I'm not so concerned. I think most appropriate comment on his play was as a poor mans T-Will and that was with limited playing time.

 

And in my fantasy world Samuels comes down to play the four and Jennings plays center.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.