Lynn Camp 29 Berea 28

Lynn Camp went up 15-0 in the first quarter and then Berea came storming back and took a 20-15 lead in the third quarter. Lynn Camp scored early in the fourth quarter went up up 21-20 and went for two and didn't make it. Lynn Camp forced Berea to go for it on fourth down and they threw a touchdown pass and converted on the two point try for a 28-21 lead with about 5 minutes to go. Berea forced Lynn Camp to turn it over on downs with about 4 minutes to go and then Lynn Camp forced Berea to do the same and took over on the Berea 40 with about 2:30 to play, Lynn Camp scored and went for two and got it for the final score of 29-28. Lynn Camp kicked off to Berea with about :45 remaining in the game then with :23 left Lynn Camp picked off a pass to apparently seal the deal so Lynn Camp kneeled the ball twice then was told Berea had another time out remaining giving them 4 so Lynn Camp ran around to run time off the clock and with :07 had to punt but the punter ran with it and was tackled on the Lynn Camp 11 yard line giving Berea one final play from the 11 and threw an incomplete pass in the endzone to end a very exciting game.

Good win Campers.

If LC ran around to run out the clock but got tackled on the 11 leaving Berea with time on the clock?? Terrible coaching!! Why didn't Berea try a FG? Why didn't LC punt?

He was suppose to!:ohbrother:

They ran around on third down. If Lynn Camp had known they were gonna give Berea an extra TO then they would have tried to get a first down at the start of the series.

They went for two after each touchdown so I guess they don't kick.

I may be in the minority, but I am really looking forward to Raceland/Lynn Camp meeting. To my knowledge, and the knowledge of everyone that I have asked, these two teams have never met. Two programs with good histories, and two teams that really like orange and black. I am looking forward to it.

He was suppose to!:ohbrother:

They ran around on third down. If Lynn Camp had known they were gonna give Berea an extra TO then they would have tried to get a first down at the start of the series.

They went for two after each touchdown so I guess they don't kick.

Cat how does a team acquire a extra TO lol, sounds like someone made a huge mistake...

The PA guy was excited all night long. (I think I heard "FIRST DOWN PIRATES!" screamed in my sleep!:scared:) He should have had a roster to use names instead of numbers all night. I don't remember him using a name for either side all night.....

HUGE officiating mistakes were the rule of the night, FMJ.

There was a flag in the endzone (on LC) DURING THE PLAY on one Berea TD, so Berea declined. Of course, to follow what had went on all night, the declined penalty yardage was attatched to the kick off to LC. You either accept or decline a penalty. You do not have it both ways. There were also 3 five yard face mask penalties called. I believe face mask is face mask now, no more incidentals. The time seemed screwed up during LC's last possesion, also. Maybe it was just me.

I want to learn more about earning extra time outs, too. Maybe you can save them like frequent flier miles from games where they were not used?

This was an exciting game, a game I was glad to win and get over. There were a lot of odds the kids had to overcome and showed some grit and fortitude.

Great play on the pass to score the last TD for LC by Jared Ammon!:thumb:

The PA guy was excited all night long. (I think I heard "FIRST DOWN PIRATES!" screamed in my sleep!:scared:) He should have had a roster to use names instead of numbers all night. I don't remember him using a name for either side all night.....

HUGE officiating mistakes were the rule of the night, FMJ.

There was a flag in the endzone (on LC) DURING THE PLAY on one Berea TD, so Berea declined. Of course, to follow what had went on all night, the declined penalty yardage was attatched to the kick off to LC. You either accept or decline a penalty. You do not have it both ways. There were also 3 five yard face mask penalties called. I believe face mask is face mask now, no more incidentals. The time seemed screwed up during LC's last possesion, also. Maybe it was just me.

I want to learn more about earning extra time outs, too. Maybe you can save them like frequent flier miles from games where they were not used?

This was an exciting game, a game I was glad to win and get over. There were a lot of odds the kids had to overcome and showed some grit and fortitude.

Great play on the pass to score the last TD for LC by Jared Ammon!:thumb:

Will someone please clarify this because we had a 5 yard facemask penalty called as well and we thought the same thing.:confused:

Will someone please clarify this because we had a 5 yard facemask penalty called as well and we thought the same thing.:confused:

We had a 5 yard facemask called against an opponent last week. Crazy.

We had a 5 yard facemask called against an opponent last week. Crazy.

I believe there is no longer a 5-yard facemask in the NFL or in college football. There is still a 5-yarder in high school football.

I believe there is no longer a 5-yard facemask in the NFL or in college football. There is still a 5-yarder in high school football.

I thought it was done away with in high school. If not, then I have even a bigger issue, we have had a lot of merely touching the facemask penalties, against us, and against our opponents that should have been 5 yard penalties, but we all thought it was done away with so no one questioned it. If it is still in affect then there is a lot of misunderstanding regarding the enforcement of 5 yard penalty versus the 15 yard penalty.

I thought it was done away with in high school. If not, then I have even a bigger issue, we have had a lot of merely touching the facemask penalties, against us, and against our opponents that should have been 5 yard penalties, but we all thought it was done away with so no one questioned it. If it is still in affect then there is a lot of misunderstanding regarding the enforcement of 5 yard penalty versus the 15 yard penalty.

Maybe one of our BGP officials can shed some light on this!

I'm almost positive it's still in use at the high school level. There have been 5-10 facemasks called during Garrard County games this season that have only went for five yards.