Lynn Camp 29 Berea 28

The PA guy was excited all night long. (I think I heard "FIRST DOWN PIRATES!" screamed in my sleep!:scared:) He should have had a roster to use names instead of numbers all night. I don't remember him using a name for either side all night.....

HUGE officiating mistakes were the rule of the night, FMJ.

There was a flag in the endzone (on LC) DURING THE PLAY on one Berea TD, so Berea declined. Of course, to follow what had went on all night, the declined penalty yardage was attatched to the kick off to LC. You either accept or decline a penalty. You do not have it both ways. There were also 3 five yard face mask penalties called. I believe face mask is face mask now, no more incidentals. The time seemed screwed up during LC's last possesion, also. Maybe it was just me.

I want to learn more about earning extra time outs, too. Maybe you can save them like frequent flier miles from games where they were not used?

This was an exciting game, a game I was glad to win and get over. There were a lot of odds the kids had to overcome and showed some grit and fortitude.

Great play on the pass to score the last TD for LC by Jared Ammon!:thumb:

This was a pass interference on LC in the endzone Berea caught the pass and declined the penalty and they let them enforce it on the kickoff. Now I can see a dead ball penalty being enforced on the kickoff but pass interference is just ridiculous.

This was a pass interference on LC in the endzone Berea caught the pass and declined the penalty and they let them enforce it on the kickoff. Now I can see a dead ball penalty being enforced on the kickoff but pass interference is just ridiculous.

It's a correct enforcement. And you've got the rest of it backwards, too.

Rule 8-2-2...If during a touchdown-scoring play, the opponent of the scoring team commits a foul other than unsportsmanlike, the scoring team may accept the results of the play and have a penalty enforced from the succeeding spot or may choose to have foul enforced on the subsequent kickoff.

It's a correct enforcement. And you've got the rest of it backwards, too.

Rule 8-2-2...If during a touchdown-scoring play, the opponent of the scoring team commits a foul other than unsportsmanlike, the scoring team may accept the results of the play and have a penalty enforced from the succeeding spot or may choose to have foul enforced on the subsequent kickoff.

If this is the rule, then when is unsportsmanlike enforced? And just for the record I have never seen this before and I have seen many infractions on a scoring play agaisnt the opponent of the scoring team that were not enforced because the scoring team took the result of the play and declined the penalty.

So for instance if team (A) threw a pass for a 30 yard gain and team (B)was called for pass interference what would team (A's) options be?

(A) Take result of play.

(B) Take a 15 yard penalty from the line of scrimmage and replay down.

© Add 15 yard penalty to the end of the play.

If © is not an option then whats the difference between © or letting team (A) enforce the penalty on the ensuing kickoff?

One more if Team (A) punts to Team (B) and team(A) is called for holding and the result of the play is team (B) returned the punt for a touchdown.

Are you saying team (B) can take the penalty of holding on the kickoff?

I haven't officiated in a couple of years now but NFHS (which is what KHSAA uses for rules) usually advises and educated of upcoming rule changes 2 to 5 years in advance. Now the last time I called there was nothing in the books about a coming change doing away with 5 yard face masks.