Ryle 48 Boone County 7

oldjarhead

From 1995-2002 the record was 4 wins Boone and 4 wins Ryle. Form 2003-2009 it is Boone 6 wins Ryle 2 wins. And you think because of one win Ryle will start dominating the series. If anything it will be even with hard fought games. Boone is down this year but they have been down before and have come back. From 2000-2009 they still have the best record in 4a-6a in Northern KEntucky and more playoff wins than the rest of the 4a-6a in Northern Kentucky.

From 1995-2002 the record was 4 wins Boone and 4 wins Ryle. Form 2003-2009 it is Boone 6 wins Ryle 2 wins. And you think because of one win Ryle will start dominating the series. If anything it will be even with hard fought games. Boone is down this year but they have been down before and have come back. From 2000-2009 they still have the best record in 4a-6a in Northern KEntucky and more playoff wins than the rest of the 4a-6a in Northern Kentucky.

I guess we will just have to wait and see. An embarassing performance by Boone Friday night IMO. At least Ryle played hard for 48 minutes and lost some close games during that 2-6 stretch. The same can not be said for Boone Friday night. They gave up.

I have a question. I just watched the Ryle vs. Boone on ICN (and it was hit and miss when I got to catch glimpses of the game) and I don't have it on tape to compare, but I could have sworn that when Highlands played Ryle, Fugate was #17 and on the Boone vs. Ryle broadcast it looked like Fugate was #99. Am I missing something?

I believe they were simply missing his #17 orange jersey.

I beleive the "new look D" refers specifically to the personell changes as opposed to anything scheme-wise. Adding (offensive) players like Elliott, Fugate, Nichols and Hempel has added speed & quickness to the D.

I beleive the "new look D" refers specifically to the personell changes as opposed to anything scheme-wise. Adding (offensive) players like Elliott, Fugate, Nichols and Hempel has added speed & quickness to the D.

Ryle ran a 3-3 defense against Conner's passing attack and started subbing in Elliott and Fugate regularly at LB and using Nichols more regularly on the line. They continued the same subbing pattern against Boone, but didn't need to run the 3-3 since Boone presents no passing threat. Hempel really hasn't played much defense. I believe he was in for one play this past week and 4 or 5 plays against Conner. Tanner Teepen has been playing very well on D-line and is a big part of the defensive improvement.

Ryle ran a 3-3 defense against Conner's passing attack and started subbing in Elliott and Fugate regularly at LB and using Nichols more regularly on the line. They continued the same subbing pattern against Boone, but didn't need to run the 3-3 since Boone presents no passing threat. Hempel really hasn't played much defense. I believe he was in for one play this past week and 4 or 5 plays against Conner. Tanner Teepen has been playing very well on D-line and is a big part of the defensive improvement.

Correct! They are running the same D as SK now!

Woolf and his staff certainly know their defense. After they got gashed by SK, you just knew he would come up with something to get things righted.

It is the first time they have done anything different since Woolf has been there. The only adjustments in the past were personnel.

It is the first time they have done anything different since Woolf has been there. The only adjustments in the past were personnel.

Maybe as far as the overall scheme they run (I don't really know), but they are constantly adding in new coverages and looks. Seems like every week my son is telling me about two new packages they are implementing.

Maybe as far as the overall scheme they run (I don't really know), but they are constantly adding in new coverages and looks. Seems like every week my son is telling me about two new packages they are implementing.

Yes, I am referring to overall scheme. They have switched from, their standard for years, the 5-2 to the 3-5 and in doing so have become a base cover 3 team instead of base cover 2. But as in the past they do change up coverages during the game based on down and distance and offensive formations.

The packages they implement are probably team based and how they will defend different teams in different formations. An example would be a trips set from the offense(3 WR to one side) they will defend it totally different based on the opponent. Take HHS and Conner they are each trying to do completely different things out of their trips formation.