Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

This year's 6A Playoff Run

Featured Replies

It can be done, yes. I agree though, SK is likely the only other team that has a chance to win. Henry Clay has lost a couple games now.

 

SK would play X in the first couple rounds of the playoffs, in Independence, and with the injury to their QB SK might have a chance but it would still take a very perfectly executed game to beat them. We'll see.

 

If X wins District 3, they won't play a playoff game on the round until the state semifinals, which would be against western Kentucky foe. X would have to finish second in their district to play at Independence, and that would be in the second round.

If X wins District 3, they won't play a playoff game on the round until the state semifinals, which would be against western Kentucky foe. X would have to finish second in their district to play at Independence, and that would be in the second round.

 

I'm confused... I thought that SK and X were on the same side of the 6A bracket this year. Wouldn't they potentially play in a regional final (i.e. 3rd round of the playoffs) game? Are you sure that would not be at SK???

We need a scientist to tell us where a potential SK/X game would be held. I can't find anything on KHSAA.org. All I know is we are district 6 and X is district 3.

I think Trinity and St. X could play weak schedules and still regularly win 6A. I'm not saying a tough schedule doesn't help, but I don't believe it would hurt. They haven't always played "regional" schedules, yet they've always won. The biggest advantage they have, through no fault of anyone, is the sheer numbers on the squad. Its hard for most anyone to match that.

With all of our numbers, why are we playing several kids both ways?

With all of our numbers, why are we playing several kids both ways?

 

In a typical season they have a big numbers advantage. Maybe not this season. I'm not an ardent follower of X or T, just familiar with the number of kids listed on the roster.

I'm confused... I thought that SK and X were on the same side of the 6A bracket this year. Wouldn't they potentially play in a regional final (i.e. 3rd round of the playoffs) game? Are you sure that would not be at SK???

 

Yes, Simon Kenton and St. X are on the same side of the bracket (western). If they meet they would be in a regional final.

 

St. X is in District 3 and Simon Kenton is District 6 and since this is an odd year, if both have the same seed (assuming they are district winners, they will both be #1 seeds), then the odd district winner would play host. St. X is in the odd district. That means Simon Kenton goes to St. Xavier.

I agree. I think that with Trinity having a rare "down" year (and be careful when using the words "down" and "Trinity" together, because being down is a relative matter and Trinity is never, ever, EVER really down), and with the injury to Saint X's QB happening so late in the season, there is a greater chance of it happening this year, as opposed to the last few years. But I still don't see it, and frankly I don't think Trinity or Saint X will have big problems against the rest of 6A this year (I probably just angered some Simon Kenton and Henry Clay fans).

 

For one thing (among many), the level of competition T and X play during the season gives them such an advantage over teams like SK or HC, who haven't played nearly as challenging a schedule. I think that SK or HC (or any other 6A team, for that matter) would have to play a perfect game to beat T or X.

 

Every year T and X play very hard schedules, and every postseason T and X do very well... coincidence???

 

Your a Highlands fan correct? The bolded part really surprises me that you say that then. I mean competition wise Highlands didn't play as good as competition as St.X (OH). did going into their game. Yet that definitely didn't stop Highlands from winning that game. I just think with your own team being able to pull of such a good win, that you wouldn't doubt that SK is capable of it too. It shows that you don't have to play as challenging of a schedule as the other to beat someone, Highlands proved that.

 

I believe SK if they play one of those two teams, will have all the confidence in the world going into the game and truly believe they can win. I don't know if they believed that last year, but this year they know they are a great team and will be confident like one and believe they can. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see SK pull it off.

Boone County had some solid teams in the past and couldn't get it done. The question is, is SK with Mr. Simpson better than Boone County was with Mr. Alexander?

 

I went many of the Boone game back then and many of the SK game the last two years. And no disrespect to Boone, but this SK team is much better. Now can they beat X and or T. I don't know. But who thought Highlands would beat Cincy X. Only time will tell. :confused:

  • Author

I hope that Simon Kenton's Simpson makes his way into a UK uniform.

Yes, Simon Kenton and St. X are on the same side of the bracket (western). If they meet they would be in a regional final.

 

St. X is in District 3 and Simon Kenton is District 6 and since this is an odd year, if both have the same seed (assuming they are district winners, they will both be #1 seeds), then the odd district winner would play host. St. X is in the odd district. That means Simon Kenton goes to St. Xavier.

 

That somewhat almost cleared it up. It's such a weird way to determine who plays where in the playoff's. Yikes. Got it though, SK @ St. X.

:eyeonyou:

That somewhat almost cleared it up. It's such a weird way to determine who plays where in the playoff's. Yikes. Got it though, SK @ St. X.

:eyeonyou:

 

Yeah, it's a little weird, especially in 6A. No other class deviates from Districts 1/2 playing, 3/4, 5/6, 7/8. 6A does, however. It makes sense when the brackets are released, but it's a little confusing during the season, just because it's not in your head that way!:lol:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.