Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Districts begin this week

Featured Replies

Due to the draw (which I HATE), ... the 2 best teams in district 47 will be playing each other in the first round of district play (Clay Co and North Laurel). The funny thing is that these are the only 2 teams in the 5 team district that vote for seeding every single year.

 

The winner will more than likely win the district, but Jackson County or Redbird will be waiting for them in the district title game. Jackson Co plays Redbird (who split their two meetings) with the winner facing OBI (OBI lost to both JC 2-0 twice and RB 2-0 twice) in their meetings this year.

Due to the draw (which I HATE), ... the 2 best teams in district 47 will be playing each other in the first round of district play (Clay Co and North Laurel). The funny thing is that these are the only 2 teams in the 5 team district that vote for seeding every single year.

 

The winner will more than likely win the district, but Jackson County or Redbird will be waiting for them in the district title game. Jackson Co plays Redbird (who split their two meetings) with the winner facing OBI (OBI lost to both JC 2-0 twice and RB 2-0 twice) in their meetings this year.

 

I think we Beechwood people bring this up every year. The draw makes your entire season meaningless. Seems wrong when the best two teams in the district have to play each other. No one in our district wants Notre Dame right away.:scared:

 

We drew Covington Latin this year. Ludow drew the Pandas.

We drew Newport .

I think we Beechwood people bring this up every year. The draw makes your entire season meaningless. Seems wrong when the best two teams in the district have to play each other. No one in our district wants Notre Dame right away.:scared:

 

We drew Covington Latin this year. Ludow drew the Pandas.

 

I wish the KHSAA would eliminate the blind draw in district tournaments. I don't know how many years in basketball that PCC and Hazard were the 2 best teams in their region, yet drew each other in the first round of the district.

 

Let's chant together

 

NO MORE DRAW

NO MORE DRAW

NO MORE DRAW

What is the process for change? The AD here is out of town, so I can't ask today.

  • Author

I don't know the process, but I will join the chant.

 

NO MORE DRAW

NO MORE DRAW

NO MORE DRAW

What is the process for change? The AD here is out of town, so I can't ask today.

 

I think most districts vote each year on whether they will seed/draw the next year. The school my daughter plays for votes for to seed every year, what little influence I would have, would be used to preach to the choir. I am also not sure if it is the AD or principals who actually vote, ... but I think it is the AD for each school.

 

Probably, the only other thing to do would be complain to the KHSAA that they should consider banning the draw.

 

I don't know the process, but I will join the chant.

 

NO MORE DRAW

NO MORE DRAW

NO MORE DRAW

 

:clap::thumb::D

I think most districts vote each year on whether they will seed/draw the next year. The school my daughter plays for votes for to seed every year, what little influence I would have, would be used to preach to the choir. I am also not sure if it is the AD or principals who actually vote, ... but I think it is the AD for each school.

 

Probably, the only other thing to do would be complain to the KHSAA that they should consider banning the draw.

 

 

Thanks for the info.

I agree, KSHAA should not even give drawing as an option.

Districts should be seeded ,with the #1 seed getting an opening round bye if feasible .

Why is volleyball seem to be the only sport with this? I know that baseball and basketball districts are seeding. Otherwise if you draw the premier program of the school, you can see your postseason end before you can even blink. Needs to be changed.

Why is volleyball seem to be the only sport with this? I know that baseball and basketball districts are seeding. Otherwise if you draw the premier program of the school, you can see your postseason end before you can even blink. Needs to be changed.

All the sports are like this not just volleyball. It's up to the districts to vote on what they want.

All the sports are like this not just volleyball. It's up to the districts to vote on what they want.

 

True. Like I said earlier, I have seen this happen in other sports as well. I have seen it happen in volleyball, baseball, basketball, etc.

 

The KHSAA could eliminate this option, but as long as they allow it, some schools will vote for it, believing it is the only way they can make the regional tournament is by getting a lucky draw.

True. Like I said earlier, I have seen this happen in other sports as well. I have seen it happen in volleyball, baseball, basketball, etc.

 

The KHSAA could eliminate this option, but as long as they allow it, some schools will vote for it, believing it is the only way they can make the regional tournament is by getting a lucky draw.

 

KHSAA would eliminate if the members brought it up and passed it.

 

While we are eliminating things lets go ahead and eliminate 3 team districts. Where someone can get to region without winning a game. So in theory a team can lose there first game and win a state title......How fair is that??

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.