Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Check Out How This Team Lost a Game!!

Featured Replies

What in the world was the coach thinking?

 

  • Replies 39
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What in the world was the coach thinking?

 

 

No link on mine.:irked:

  • Author
No link on mine.:irked:

 

Really? I see the video in your quoted post.

  • Author

Anyone else think of an old KY state championship game?

Link worked great. Thanks for sharing. Points out something that I see more and more of and that is talent without football IQ. One without the other just doesn't spell success.

  • Author
Link worked great. Thanks for sharing. Points out something that I see more and more of and that is talent without football IQ. One without the other just doesn't spell success.

 

While the player certainly made a mistake why would the coach put him and another player back there? Nothing good could have come out of them being back there.

Anyone else think of an old KY state championship game?

Yep.

While the player certainly made a mistake why would the coach put him and another player back there? Nothing good could have come out of them being back there.

 

Protecting against a possible fake FG attempt, maybe?

  • Author
Protecting against a possible fake FG attempt, maybe?

 

That must have been the reason.

Anyone else think of an old KY state championship game?

 

Please share.

 

As to the video, that loss is 100% on the coaches.

Please share.

 

As to the video, that loss is 100% on the coaches.

'94 Class A State Finals - Murray vs. Beechwood

  • Author
Please share.

 

.

 

I don't remember the year but I think it was in the 90s. Beechwood played Murray. BW had a late lead and on the last play the qb was instructed to run backwards to run out the clock. In his exuberation he threw the ball into the air when he entered the endzone. Murray picked up and scored what they thought was the winning TD. However, the official blew the play dead . The debate was if the ball was thrown after the whistle blew or before. I thought it was after based on Channel 5's video.

 

Murray's coach refused to take the 2nd place trophy.

  • Author

The kicking team was lucky their kicker didn't have a very strong leg. A few more yards and its an automatic dead ball.

I don't remember the year but I think it was in the 90s. Beechwood played Murray. BW had a late lead and on the last play the qb was instructed to run backwards to run out the clock. In his exuberation he threw the ball into the air when he entered the endzone. Murray picked up and scored what they thought was the winning TD. However, the official blew the play dead . The debate was if the ball was thrown after the whistle blew or before. I thought it was after based on Channel 5's video.

 

Murray's coach refused to take the 2nd place trophy.

 

Ah yes...how could I forget. I was not at that game but remember listening to it on the radio.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.