Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ryle 42 Dixie Heights 28

Featured Replies

I'll be curious to hear the game report.

I'll be curious to hear the game report.

Ryle forced Dixie to punt on the first possession and Ryle marched down the field and scored. Dixie threw an interception and Ryle scored again. So half way through the first quarter it's 14-0 and Dixie played even after that. It ended up 14-0 at the half and 28-28 in the second half. When I left with 5 minutes to go it was 35-21 so they traded one more TD. Ryle spent three quarters shooting themselves with holding penalties. They had a kick return for a TD called back on a block in the back. Dixie had some turnovers and drives stalled repeatedly. I don't think Ryle used Nichols enough. Klei for Dixie hits the hole quickly and had many yards on first down. Dixie likes to throw to the backs. Haggerty is quick.

A huge tip of theoldguy hat to the Dixie administration for the outstanding tribute to Steven Dale Tanner. It brought tears to my eyes.

 

Thank you Dixie from Theoldguy for caring so much about my childhood friend.

Ryle forced Dixie to punt on the first possession and Ryle marched down the field and scored. Dixie threw an interception and Ryle scored again. So half way through the first quarter it's 14-0 and Dixie played even after that. It ended up 14-0 at the half and 28-28 in the second half. When I left with 5 minutes to go it was 35-21 so they traded one more TD. Ryle spent three quarters shooting themselves with holding penalties. They had a kick return for a TD called back on a block in the back. Dixie had some turnovers and drives stalled repeatedly. I don't think Ryle used Nichols enough. Klei for Dixie hits the hole quickly and had many yards on first down. Dixie likes to throw to the backs. Haggerty is quick.

 

So did it stay a 14 point margin after the quick start by Ryle?

So did it stay a 14 point margin after the quick start by Ryle?

 

Pretty much so. I think Ryle pushed it to 21 points briefly in the 4th quarter.

Ryle scored immediately to start the 2nd half so it was a 21 point margin that Dixie kept bringing back to 14, but every time they did Ryle countered almost immediately. It was a track meet in the 4th quarter!

Uneven performance at times for both teams. Ryle came out firing on all cylinders offensively early, then shutdown for about 2 quarters before picking back up again. Defense threw a shutout in the first half against Dixie. Second half turned into more of the shootout that most people expected going in. Dixie threw 3 INT's that hurt them and Ryle had countless penalties that hurt them. I believe Ryle rushed for about 250 yards and threw for around 225.

 

I thought the penalties were a bit one-sided in this game. Ryle gets called for 4 holding penalties and a block in the back that negates a punt return TD, and Dixie - who throw 35 times - doesn't have a single hold? Dixie's WR pushed off pretty noticeably - and right in front of a ref - on the second TD (front corner of endzone) and no call. Hey, more power to him - he did what he had to do to catch the ball - but it was a pretty obvious push off and how the ref doesn't call it is beyond me. Alright, enough bellyaching. Dixie has a nice offense and great passing game. And they had their moments on defense also, but that is clearly their Achilles Heel.

Just curious but where were the Dixie students for this game? I mean the Dixie stands were not even 3/4 full while the Raiders side was packed!

I think Dixie has established a pattern now that they need to fix. They have the offense but the turnovers kill them week after week. The defense needs to get better but stop the turnovers and I think a big win will happen.

Just curious but where were the Dixie students for this game? I mean the Dixie stands were not even 3/4 full while the Raiders side was packed!

C'mon OldGuy. I could not move 2 feet without running into a Dixie Student. They were everywhere. They just don't sit and do organized cheers. There were 3 times the number of Dixie students than are at any CovCath game.

I heard a rumor that Zumdick was injured. True? Serious?

Uneven performance at times for both teams. Ryle came out firing on all cylinders offensively early, then shutdown for about 2 quarters before picking back up again. Defense threw a shutout in the first half against Dixie. Second half turned into more of the shootout that most people expected going in. Dixie threw 3 INT's that hurt them and Ryle had countless penalties that hurt them. I believe Ryle rushed for about 250 yards and threw for around 225.

 

I thought the penalties were a bit one-sided in this game. Ryle gets called for 4 holding penalties and a block in the back that negates a punt return TD, and Dixie - who throw 35 times - doesn't have a single hold? Dixie's WR pushed off pretty noticeably - and right in front of a ref - on the second TD (front corner of endzone) and no call. Hey, more power to him - he did what he had to do to catch the ball - but it was a pretty obvious push off and how the ref doesn't call it is beyond me. Alright, enough bellyaching. Dixie has a nice offense and great passing game. And they had their moments on defense also, but that is clearly their Achilles Heel.

 

Wilson wouldn't have to scramble for his life that much if they held. :D

 

The left side of Ryle's line was struggling on a couple of those drives in the second half. They were obvious holds by the tackle on a couple and the receiver on a couple. They were easy calls by the side judge.

 

There were bad calls both ways, it was not just one-sided IMO. I'd love to see the replay of the Nichols "no catch".

 

For Dixie, the defense continues to struggle. They still try to tackle high. The DBs got burnt deep twice on two plays that were obviously going to be thrown their way. Why they slowed down, I don't know. Offensively, they struggled early. The one interception was underthrown as the receiver had his guy beat, and another was off a tipped pass. Play calling again was questionable. They abused the bubble screen again, and it almost cost them a pick 6. The first time was effective, but after that Ryle new it was coming every time. Then around the 10 on their 2nd drive of the game, they tried running the ball up the middle. The only time they were able to run between the tackles was when they ran the misdirections. There was no way they could line up in the spread and run it straight ahead.

 

For Ryle, I was very impressed with Elliot. The kid is tough. The QB threw some nice balls. Nichols looked good, and did not get the ball enough IMO. Defensively, they were fairly good. I will say this though, after watching the top 3 in 6A up here, there isn't one clear leader of the 3.

I heard a rumor that Zumdick was injured. True? Serious?

 

Yes. He injured his knee. He was on crutches the 2nd half.

Just curious but where were the Dixie students for this game? I mean the Dixie stands were not even 3/4 full while the Raiders side was packed!

 

Honestly, I thought Ryle would have more fans than what was there tonight.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.