Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Fantasy Football Advice: Week Two

Featured Replies

Trade dilemma:

 

A friend of mine has been offered Braylon Edwards and Steven Jackson for Chris Johnson. Should he take it? I don't know for sure, as you obviously hope Jackson and Edwards both return to previous form.

 

Plus: My buddy is very thin at WR.

 

I'd take it without hesitation, especially if I was looking for some help at WR.

  • Replies 35
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
Probably. I could see it either way, but the Chargers performance vs. TE's last year, combined with the fact that Zach Miller had a strong game in Week One is definitely support for playing Heap. The Vikes also get another easy game (Detroit, I think), so Shiancoe should have a good opportunity as well.

 

I like the idea of just keeping them both until something more obvious comes along.

The only problem with that is when the guy on my bench goes off while my starter puts up a dud. :lol: :lol:

 

Shockey did get two against the Lions also.

Usually to answer definitively I'd have to know the scoring format and what the rest of his line up looks like?

 

BUT in this case I'd take it. I like Jackson slightly better than Johnson anyways...so the addition of Edwards would just sweeten it.

 

:thumb:

 

I'd strongly consider that trade straight up...to get a WR with Edwards potential (and lack of competition for targets) on a team that apparently needs WR help, it seems like a lock to accept it.

RBs:

Ryan Grant

Deangelo Williams

Darrin Sproles

Lron McClain

 

I'll play two. I played Grant and Williams in week 1. They both had a TD. What do you think about this week?

The only problem with that is when the guy on my bench goes off while my starter puts up a dud. :lol: :lol:

 

Shockey did get two against the Lions also.

 

Yeah...I think Detroit was weak against every position last year. Any player going against Detroit is in a favorable matchup.

RBs:

Ryan Grant

Deanglo Williams

Darrin Sproles

Lron McClain

 

I'll play two. I played Grant and Williams in week 1. They both had a TD. What do you think about this week?

 

Same two.

 

With some question about LT's ankle, Sproles would be a good one...

 

...but they play Baltimore.

  • Author
Same two.

 

With some question about LT's ankle, Sproles would be a good one...

 

...but they play Baltimore.

I would be so tempted to use Sproles if the practice reports look like LT will very limited.

I find Cincy's D to be quite underrated and could see Grant's production limited.

Carolina's offense looked like a complete mess against Philly and Atlanta's D wasn't bad...so I'm not for sure who I'd want to start Sproles over.

 

But ultimately that Baltimore match up might scare me too much to pull the trigger...this would be a case where'd I'd love to have a flex.

  • Author
Yeah...I think Detroit was weak against every position last year. Any player going against Detroit is in a favorable matchup.
I know. I guess when you have two players going against favorable match ups you have to go with the more talented/proven guy...and that has to be Heap since he is healthy.

Philly's defense won't do as well this week, because Jake Delhomme isn't staring them in the face.

I would be so tempted to use Sproles if the practice reports look like LT will very limited.

I find Cincy's D to be quite underrated and could see Grant's production limited.

Carolina's offense looked like a complete mess against Philly and Atlanta's D wasn't bad...so I'm not for sure who I'd want to start Sproles over.

 

But ultimately that Baltimore match up might scare me too much to pull the trigger...this would be a case where'd I'd love to have a flex.

 

Sproles ability to catch the ball and operate in space combined with his ability to score on any play means he could have a big day against anyone. But, it is a healthy Ravens defense.

 

The upside for Grant, IMO, is that even if the Bengals do a good job against him, the Packers offense is very good. He could get some scoring opportunities in the red zone.

 

I wouldn't even consider benching DeAngelo Williams at this point. DeAngelo is the best pure running back in the league behind Peterson, IMO. Things would have to completely collapse in Carolina before I'd sit him down.

As far as TE's go, I wouldn't give up on Shiancoe. Favre has always looked towards his TE, and with AP demanding 8 in the box, I think Shaincoe is a pretty viable option. I think he's a top 10 TE.

  • Author

I have a mess of injured players and RB committees. Pick two to start: Mike Bell, Tim Hightower, Jonathan Stewart, Derrick Ward, Beanie Wells. Thank you.

Anquan Boldin: Sit or start?

 

I also start Andre Johnson and Lance Moore (at flex), and have Braylon Edwards and Kenny Britt on the bench. I can slide Moore over to the WR slot, and have the option at putting either Leron McClain, Rashaad Mendenhall or Reggie Bush at flex.

  • Author
I have a mess of injured players and RB committees. Pick two to start: Mike Bell, Tim Hightower, Jonathan Stewart, Derrick Ward, Beanie Wells. Thank you.
Pierre Thomas should also be in this list.

Right now I am starting Bradshaw and Jacobs with Coles at my flex spot. Should I switch Ricky Williams in there somewhere or start another WR there. Josh Morgan is my only other option really. I am hurting because Pierre Thomas is still out. Randy Moss and Harvin are my starting WRs. Also I am playing Favre over Romo.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.