Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bishop Brossart 56 Jenkins 6

Featured Replies

Congrats to the Mustangs, enjoy the ride. Looks like things are on the right track in Alexandria.

 

BB was ranked #12 by the AP going into this one. If the 'stangs are ranked #10 or higher in a coupe of days, I wonder if it will be the first time a team has gone from never won a game in their history to being ranked in such a short time span.

 

Maybe I am confused, but which poll has them ranked 12? State poll? I don't recall seeing them in the NKY coaches poll, but I didn't look very hard.

  • Replies 32
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to see that they are finally starting to win a few games...however, who have they played? They have played nobodys. They will be in for a long year in District play.

  • Author

I love when people say they play nobodies. This program prior to this year has not won a varsity game so to every other team in the state Brossart was the nobodies. Every team they have played have been ranked higher then them. They played a Betsy Layne team that has won every game since the Brossart game. They are building a program and doing a good job at it.

I love when people say they play nobodies. This program prior to this year has not won a varsity game so to every other team in the state Brossart was the nobodies. Every team they have played have been ranked higher then them. They played a Betsy Layne team that has won every game since the Brossart game. They are building a program and doing a good job at it.

 

Exactly right! Bishop was winless before this season and I don't blame them for scheduling the way they did. They take a big step up this week and it will be a good test.:thumb:

Maybe I am confused, but which poll has them ranked 12? State poll? I don't recall seeing them in the NKY coaches poll, but I didn't look very hard.

 

 

Pretty sure they were #12 in Class A in the AP last week.

Pretty sure they were #12 in Class A in the AP last week.

 

Yes they were.

  • Author

Is there a link to those standings?

Good job guys a win is a win no matter who it is. Keep building and getting better it has paid off already. Try to get Scott on your schedule next year. I believe if you played them this year you could beat them. Good luck with rest of season.

Don't get me wrong. I am proud to see that their work over the last couple years is paying. Wins are wins and that is that. You have to start somewhere and this is perfect for them. All I am saying is that it will still be a while before they are cometitive with teams they must face every year such as Beechwood, Bellevue, Ludlow, etc. I do not believe their opponents so far prove that they are a top team in single A like the rankings say. I give credit for getting wins finally, but I don't see these wins continuing for this year. They will be tough in the future if the coaching staff keeps up their work.

Don't get me wrong. I am proud to see that their work over the last couple years is paying. Wins are wins and that is that. You have to start somewhere and this is perfect for them. All I am saying is that it will still be a while before they are cometitive with teams they must face every year such as Beechwood, Bellevue, Ludlow, etc. I do not believe their opponents so far prove that they are a top team in single A like the rankings say. I give credit for getting wins finally, but I don't see these wins continuing for this year. They will be tough in the future if the coaching staff keeps up their work.

 

I don't think anyone out Alexandria way is thinking they are "a top team in single A" or professing to be such; but simply trying to schedule their out of district games reasonably for a change? When you play in probably the best single A district in the state, with a consistant championship contender at the lead; with a new program it makes sense to look to find some teams with which you can compete.

 

I'm sure they will come back to earth a little when they get into district play, but I also think they will find themselves competitive with a couple of the programs. Guarentee nobody on the staff is crowing about any "rankings", etc.; but rather on building on what you've started.

 

I also think you'll find them in the playoffs this year, with a win or maybe even two in the district. No threat to win anything yet, but a HUGE step for a new program who had some "issues" getting started. Let's allow them and their fans to enjoy a little success, after two years of playing "homecoming queen"!! :thumb:

I love when people say they play nobodies. This program prior to this year has not won a varsity game so to every other team in the state Brossart was the nobodies. Every team they have played have been ranked higher then them. They played a Betsy Layne team that has won every game since the Brossart game. They are building a program and doing a good job at it.

 

:thumb::thumb:

 

Great start for the program. Keep up the hard work.

Congrats to the Mustangs! Keep it up!

Congrats BBHS. Things are looking good in A-Town. Looking forward to seeing a home game.

  • Author

I know rankings are nothing but in the new AP poll Brossart is ranked #10 in 1A.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.