Bellevue 48 Scott 41

Richard Wills, Bellevues quarterback, steps up big time in connecting with Alex Hegge and others in the last drive of the game to pull out the win. Very impressed with the composure he showed. If he can continue this type of play Bellevue offense will be very potent the rest of the year.

The last few years Scott has played Holmes very, very well. I don't expect anything less when they hook up here in a few weeks...

I hope I'm wrong I really do. it'd be nice to see Scott turn there football program into the right direction, but I don't see it happening. Holmes is a different team than years past. Scott is to 1 dimensional on offense and there defense is more of a break don't bend rather than the other way around. Holmes is to fast for the Eagles and I look for the dawgs to beat them by a least 2 TD's. We'll see in a few weeks

Tough loss again for Scott. I don't think they can win one now though. Not Holmes, and you can't make Cooper a measuring stick for that game due to the fact that in that game Cooper didn't play that well against Scott. It's gonna be a long road for the Eagles.

That's exactly why I said they can't stop the run. 3 weeks 2 RB's with over 200 yards and another with close to 200 yards.

Unfortunately Scott has so much trouble stopping the run people don't get the opportunity to see that they have even more trouble stopping the pass.

Tough loss again for Scott. I don't think they can win one now though. Not Holmes, and you can't make Cooper a measuring stick for that game due to the fact that in that game Cooper didn't play that well against Scott. It's gonna be a long road for the Eagles.

Define not playing well for Cooper. I just though that Scott did an excellent job shutting down the pass game and limiting their RB for as long as they did. Scott can play well but the issue has been, from what I can tell, playing for the full 4 quarters. Scott was up 2 TDs against Cooper with 8 minutes left in the 4th and they let it slip away.

Did Scott play a good game in this one? I was told the QB ran all over Bellevue, but Buckler had a huge offensive game to keep Bellevue going. Also heard that Scott didn't lead until like 3 minutes to play. That's when Wills of Bellevue had a great 2 minute drill drive to get the win. Is Bellevue going to be a big player this year in the District and playoffs? I see at least a #2 finish in District depending on how they do with Beechwood this year. Maybe some noise in the playoffs this year...

Did Scott play a good game in this one? I was told the QB ran all over Bellevue, but Buckler had a huge offensive game to keep Bellevue going. Also heard that Scott didn't lead until like 3 minutes to play. That's when Wills of Bellevue had a great 2 minute drill drive to get the win. Is Bellevue going to be a big player this year in the District and playoffs? I see at least a #2 finish in District depending on how they do with Beechwood this year. Maybe some noise in the playoffs this year...

The QB that ran all over Bellevue is Zach Sowder and he is all that the Eagles really have on the offensive end of the ball. He literally does everything for the offense and contribues majorly on defense as well.

Unfortunately Scott has so much trouble stopping the run people don't get the opportunity to see that they have even more trouble stopping the pass.

I know. Bellevue when they did pass had a wide open middle and the corners seemed to get sucked in or they did what they wanted instead of there assignment

I love my Eagles but it looks bad the rest of the way. They have a chance against Harrison this week and probably Lloyd but no way they beat Holmes this year.

There were teams there scouting Scott for upcoming games but they didn't stay to long because Scotts offense is so 1 dimensional they know what and who they have to stop.

Good luck Eagles I will always root for you.

Scott is strictly a one dimensional team. You take Sowder off that team and this game isn't even close. I keep reading that Scott needs to play all 4 quarters. I don't think they ever quit playing they took the lead with like three minutes left in the game. The heart is there. I just don't think the overall talent is.

Wills and his receivers did an excellent job in the two minute drill. Looked great.

As far as Bellevue being a big player in the District this year, if and only if they improve their Defense will they be a factor this year. A mobile quarterback seems to be the Achilles heel for Bellevue this year. As one dimensional as Scott was Bellevue couldn't stop them. Seemed like Sowder ran that quarter back draw right up the middle all night. Everyone in the stadium knew it was coming but they couldn't stop it. Beechwood is still King of the Hill. Coming in second is not good enough. Coming in second is just another way of saying loser. I'm sure with the off week this week the coaching staff will get the Defense straightened out and ready for a District run.

What are they doing differently on defense this year? The offense seems to have some talent. They are putting points on the board. How many players are going both ways?

New D coordinator. Bellevue linebackers just don't seem to be getting it done up the middle. I didn't think graduation would hurt them as much as it did. Offensively it didn't but defensively they just don't seem to want to wrap up and make a tackle this year. They all want to put the shoulder in and try to knock them down. Good week for the old form tackling drill being they have an off date this week. The 4 teams they have played so far, ( HC, Newport, Holmes, and Scott), have all had real good QB that are very strong runners. This has proven to be the week spot for their D this year. They seem to be doing a OK job of contain they just seem to lose track of the QB and they are hitting hard on the fake.