Outlook for 8th Region All-A Tourney

The 2009-10 season may be ripe for an "All-A" team to snatch the 8th region title in March, but prior to that, let's have a good discussion about winning the All-A classic one month earlier.

Will it be: Walton-Verona? Owen Co.? Carroll Co.? Gallatin Co.? Other?

Are these four the only legitimate contenders, or will someone else climb in to picture in 2009-10? Based on returning players and the way each team finished last season, it seems as though WV and Owen Co. are the prohibitive pre-season favorites to square off in the final game. Any other thoughts??? Let's hear 'em!

Carroll is really an unknown at this time. Looked really good this summer..but that is summer ball. Owen will be good, WV will be tough and GC is hard to tell also at this point.

I would not right off Williamstown either. All of the teams have potential and I think that it will come down to who is having a good night!.

Gallatin will have the home court advantage but that has really not been a factor in the last several years.

If people really are considering Owen as a true contender in the 8th, I would have to think they are the favorites in the all A

Absolutely, however the favorite has not managed to win the tournament the last 2 years. The teams just seem to play their best ball in this tournament every year.

Owen looks very tough.

Wildcats got the draw, great coaching, hard nosed kids, playing at home, and defending champs. Don't count them out.

Guard play will be the key for GC. Emily Jones is under rated in my view. She could be the catalyst that could lead GC to an upset over the loaded bottom bracket.

Wildcats got the draw, great coaching, hard nosed kids, playing at home, and defending champs. Don't count them out.

It would seem that Owen and Walton are the favorites with many returning players. CC, and GC had good summers tho it is summer ball. I have also heard good things from Williamstown and Trimble so you never know as all have quality coaches and players.

Don't count out Carroll in the lower bracket. If they can get by Walton they have sorta had Owen's number(IF they get by Trimble) Gallatin has a bye and would probably face Williamstown to reach the finals. Could make for a remake of last year's all A final, Carroll vs Gallatin.

Gallatin and Walton in the finals. Walton's Size and depth should get them to the finals. Walton's outstanding 8th grade class are now Freshman which should make a big difference. Last year was a new system and they really started to play well at the end of the year. I think you will see a lot of improvement in the Walton team playing their 2nd year in Coach Miller's system. I like Gallatin's draw on the other side of the bracket. It should be an entertaining tournament with a lot of very competitive games.