Top Players In The 14th Region Next Season

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL! You guys. I like to hear thoughts not personal attacks.

Billbud has come up with a good list. I'll agree with some. But not all. I really don't think that the Osborne kid will be the best. That will have to go to Hendrix or Smith. Maybe Muncie as well.

BB's list of pitchers looks to be dead on. I would switch Smith and Thomas around. And maybe even put Troy in the third spot.

LOL! You guys. I like to hear thoughts not personal attacks.

Billbud has come up with a good list. I'll agree with some. But not all. I really don't think that the Osborne kid will be the best. That will have to go to Hendrix or Smith. Maybe Muncie as well.

BB's list of pitchers looks to be dead on. I would switch Smith and Thomas around. And maybe even put Troy in the third spot.

What did Hendrix do last year that was better than what Osborne did?? You would but Troy Smith infront of Morgan??? HAHA

What did Hendrix do last year that was better than what Osborne did?? You would but Troy Smith infront of Morgan??? HAHA

Hendrix in my opinion will be the best player in the 14th next year, he may have been last year as well, if it hadn't have been for a knee injury. I am sure of myself, when I say he will prove this in the upcoming season. He is a great player.

Muncie in my opinion is the best player. He has played varsity baseball since his 8th grade year. His bating avg last season was .420. His pitching record was 9-3. He made the 14th region all star game, but was on vacation, and he made the East West All Star game in Louisville. His fielding percentage is great from short. What more couldn't make him the best in the 14th region next year.

Hendrix is a great player no doubt. Osborne is a great player. I just feel that Hendrix is a better hitter and a better field player.

Yes I would put Troy in front of Morgan. Sure he doesn't strike everyone out. But Troy and his catcher work well together and both know what pitch to give a hitter. No laughs here.

While we are talking about stats I'll throw these out.

Caleb Hall BA was .375 and he scored 45 runs and had 26 RBI's. Caleb had a fielding % of .903.

Brandon Smith BA was .416 and scored 42 runs and had 36 RBI's. Brandon had a fielding % of .865. He also put out 30+ runners stealing.

Troy Smith was 7-4 and struck out 51. And he only allowed 2 HR's. Also Caleb and Troy both were on the 14th region All Star team.

We all know that stats mean nothing. It's the make up of the player and the desire they have to win that makes a great player.

Jason Bowling played on the Junior AllStars this year. He was Owsleys Catcher and really what you would say their only Varsity pitcher. He hit 5 home runs and batted near 400 i really don't have his stats ( a good solid player on a team that was made up of mostly 8th, 9th, and 10th graders). Thomas McIntosh would have made the Junior Allstars had he played for another team than Owsely ( where he would have been noticed ) A very solid defensive player that can play most any position, and he had to last year, his best position is 2nd base, he batted in the 300's, and again I am not sure of his stats. Robert Smith's return will mean a lot to Owsley he had to set out last season. He will be another solid pitcher to go along with Jason Bowling and is an excellent short stop along with being a good hitter. Things look much better for Owsley this coming season with all the younger players being a year older and the return of Robert Smith.

Owsley County returns all their players from last season, and with the addition of Robert Smith, who had to sit out last season, they should be one of the better and more improved teams in the region. The only problem is that they play in the best district in the region, and it's tough to even make it to the regional tournament. But next year I think they will.

BTW, Lee County returns all their team next year as well. They'll probably be pre-season # 1 next year.

And I noticed BillBud didn't have any Estill County players on his list of top players in the region, but you'd have to think that with a coach like Danny Wood's deveopmental baseball skills that Estill has someone that should be on the list.

Morgan might be the hardest throwing pitcher but don't know if he is the best. He needs to be able to move the ball around more.

Thats exactly why hes 3rd in my poll...While Morgan does throw harder, Osborne and Couch have excellent command, can locate their fastball well and have good curves.. If Morgan shows better location next year and a good curve he will be #1...But this is jut my opinion.

Owsley County returns all their players from last season, and with the addition of Robert Smith, who had to sit out last season, they should be one of the better and more improved teams in the region. The only problem is that they play in the best district in the region, and it's tough to even make it to the regional tournament. But next year I think they will.

BTW, Lee County returns all their team next year as well. They'll probably be pre-season # 1 next year.

And I noticed BillBud didn't have any Estill County players on his list of top players in the region, but you'd have to think that with a coach like Danny Wood's deveopmental baseball skills that Estill has someone that should be on the list.

I didnt include any Estill players in my list because I dont know any of them...They have been off playing in the 10th region remember?? I ranked Estill 3rd in my preseason poll so im sure they will have a couple of solid players that are top 10..Just dont know them yet..