Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Brett Favre joining the Vikings?

Featured Replies

As a Vikings fan, I submit to all of you that I'd rather have a 70-year-old Brett Favre with two bad knees, glaucoma and a bladder control problem than Tavaris Jackson or Sage Rosenfels.

  • Replies 37
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can't blame him for wanting to miss camp. 2 a days suck!

 

Exactly...and as long as teams let him skip it and then show up to play, he will do it.

I think you have to read between the lines. The media has made this a circus more than anything. If I had to make a guess and put money on it I would say that Favre/Bevell + Childress had a deal a long time ago that if he was ready to go he could miss the physically tough stuff. Timing is the only issue I have with WR and how hard he throws the ball. He has nothing to prove. They know what they are getting. Folks he didn't go through the off season surgery to not play. It's not hard to figure out. The only way he doesn't play is if he could never get healthy IMO.

If I were Favre then why would you not want to play? You have a top 3 defense in the NFL. You have the best player in the NFL lining up behind you. You've got burners to throw the ball too and now a new toy in Harvin!

Well that must put me in the majority then because if he plays for the Vikings, I will cheer against them in just about every game I watch. Its getting so old.

 

:thumb:

 

I believe this kind of attitude from Favre is why some Jets turned on him late in the year. He is a great talent but I have to question his ablility to lead somewhat, when he demands special treatment.

Glory Hound. I predicted that he would be back towards the end of the year, looks like he might just be back sooner.

The whole Favre thing wears me out because of the media. It's Brett Favre for crying out loud. The teams know what they are getting if they want him. He would have been a Viking if the Packers hadn't given him the shaft. He wanted to be a Packer they didn't want to wait for him. At that point they should have let him go but didn't want to lose him to Minn so they handcuffed him. He backdoored them but is going to get there 1 year later. Nobody (media etc) talks about Green Bay. Had they kept him none of this would have been an issue. I don't blame them because they didn't want to wait and felt like Rodgers was their guy. They then played the smart play by not letting him go to Minn. The media jumped all over him for going to NY then wanting to be a Viking. That route was the only way he could get there.

The media then decided to pound it in the ground. He and Bevell are really close. You think they have a plan? He didn't get arm surgery for nothing! Everybody in the media wants to be the 1st to crack the story and they have beaten it to death.

IN THE END:

You have to use some common sense from B Favre and the Vikings standpoint. If you are Favre and you feel like your body/mind can handle it why in the world would you not want to QB Minn? If you are the Vikings would you rather have Favre at the end of the preseason...T. Jackson...or a lifetime backup? They are going to win games no matter who is in there but come playoff time which scenerio do you want? It's not rocket science folks IMO!

I'm not sure why everyone is getting worked up over Favre this time. This is purely 1 reporters speculation and some Vikes opinions. He hasn't said anything this time.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.