Henry County/Oldham County Scrimmage

Oldham County may have more depth, being a 5A school; but, Henry County has the talent! And, Henry is a 3A school to boot!!! I was very proud of our young men from Henry County, with a score of 28 to 27, which would have ended in a tie except for a missed PAT. Henry County is the promising team to watch this season.

Henry has a very nice program. The coaching staff is excellent, and they are probably one of most underrated teams in the area. They play in a very competitive district, but if they remain healthy - a problem for them last year - they'll do well this year.

Yet to be seen how well the Colonels do, but I know Coach Brown was pretty pleased - overall - with the effort. A lot of high expectations in Buckner after last year's 9-3 campaign, and there is some quality returnees, but OC will have some big shoes to fill in the graduated QB Chad Dennis, RB D'ylan Underwood, OL Matt Hogue, and MLB monster Ichiro Chiba, now playing at EKU...

Henry vs. Oldham was a good test for both. Henry will have to play iron man football this year. A lot of kids going both ways. Appeared in decent condition for this early. Cornerbacks will need a lot of reps to get them up to par. Special teams were also a concern. That is all correctable with good practice time. Good luck to the 2009 Fighting Henry County Wildcats, and to the Colonels of Oldham County. Play hard, Play fast, Play the next play! Pike County Central visits New Castle on Friday night. It's football time in the bluegrass again.

I would not be at all surprised if Ol' Leonard Post Toasties and his pal Percy are back again this year. We are in the final stages of significant contract negotiations in order to have him make his always learned and entertaining prediction for the the Cats again this year.