Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Fantasy Football Question

Featured Replies

Someone took Fitz first? I'm seriously in the wrong leagues.

 

You'd be surprised at how dumb some picks are. My buddy picked Peyton with the 3rd pick, so Turner fell to 4th. I wound up getting LT with 9th pick and Tom Brady, I have the ultimate team (for 2007). :D

Maurice Jones Drew is going to have a big year. I can't believe I got him with the 7th pick in a MONEY LEAGUE :lol:.

 

I also got DeAngelo Williams.

 

The only problem is, it's a points per reception league and I didn't get any elite WR's. I did get Greg Jennings and Antonio Bryant though.

Maurice Jones Drew is going to have a big year. I can't believe I got him with the 7th pick in a MONEY LEAGUE :lol:.

 

I also got DeAngelo Williams.

 

The only problem is, it's a points per reception league and I didn't get any elite WR's. I did get Greg Jennings and Antonio Bryant though.

 

Getting MJD at 7 should be illegal, those other 6 owners should be ashamed. As far as your Wrs, Jennings is pretty darn close to being elite, Bryant, not so much.

I am allowed to "freeze" one player from last years team. I have to choose between Michael Turner, Steven Jackson, and DeAngelo Williams. I have changed my mind everyday since the season ended last year. The magazines say Turner, but I'm not so sure.

 

I really like Steven Jackson the best, but he's such an injury risk. If I were rating them to keep...

 

1. DeAngelo Williams

2. Steven Jackson

3. Michael Turner

 

Just my personal opinion. Obviously, most people see it differently.

Maurice Jones Drew is going to have a big year. I can't believe I got him with the 7th pick in a MONEY LEAGUE :lol:.

 

I also got DeAngelo Williams.

 

The only problem is, it's a points per reception league and I didn't get any elite WR's. I did get Greg Jennings and Antonio Bryant though.

 

MJD could help with the PPR.

 

And, after the big four (Fitz, Moss, Johnson & Johnson), Jennings is as good as anyone else. I wouldn't feel too bad about getting MJD, Williams and Jennings...in fact, I'd feel great about that.:thumb:

 

I read somewhere that Jennings and Fitzgerald are pretty good friends and they spent a lot of time texting each other this summer about their workouts. Apparently, Jennings has been working really hard to improve...he wants to reach that elite level with Fitz and the others. I think you'll be pleased with what you got.

The only way you don't take All Day is if there are points awarded per reception. If it's .5pt I would probably still take him...if it's a whole point I start to lean towards other options.

I find it interesting that Peterson is considered a virtual lock as the #1 guy, considering...

 

1. His history of injuries.

2. The fact that he's finished third in scoring among fantasy RB's in his two seasons.

3. He's not much of a threat in the passing game.

 

As a rookie, AP finished with 222 points (tied with Addai). That was 71 points behind #1 and 47 behind #2. Last year, he finished at 233, which was 39 behind first and 32 behind second...and, 8 points more than Thomas Jones and Matt Forte who tied for 4th.

 

I'm not really trying to argue against picking him first. I just don't view him the same as previous consensus #1's like Faulk, Holmes and LT. I group AP in with the rest of the top tier backs, not above them.

 

Peterson, Turner, MJD, Forte, Jackson, LT, DeAngelo Williams...any of those guys could end up being the top scorer at RB this year. I wouldn't laugh at anybody who picked any of them #1.

I find it interesting that Peterson is considered a virtual lock as the #1 guy, considering...

 

1. His history of injuries.

2. The fact that he's finished third in scoring among fantasy RB's in his two seasons.

3. He's not much of a threat in the passing game.

 

As a rookie, AP finished with 222 points (tied with Addai). That was 71 points behind #1 and 47 behind #2. Last year, he finished at 233, which was 39 behind first and 32 behind second...and, 8 points more than Thomas Jones and Matt Forte who tied for 4th.

 

I'm not really trying to argue against picking him first. I just don't view him the same as previous consensus #1's like Faulk, Holmes and LT. I group AP in with the rest of the top tier backs, not above them.

 

Peterson, Turner, MJD, Forte, Jackson, LT, DeAngelo Williams...any of those guys could end up being the top scorer at RB this year. I wouldn't laugh at anybody who picked any of them #1.

I don't have the #1 pick in my draft...but personally I'd pick All Day #1 and attempt to trade him ASAP. There are several guys in your list I'd rather have. But the "perceived value" of All Day makes it hard not to pick him #1.
I don't have the #1 pick in my draft...but personally I'd pick All Day #1 and attempt to trade him ASAP. There are several guys in your list I'd rather have. But the "perceived value" of All Day makes it hard not to pick him #1.

 

I agree. That's why my answer to the question was going to be to trade the pick. Personally, I'd be satisfed with any of the first 6 picks, and that puts you in better position for round two. I'd see if I could trade down...for example, I give you the #1 and #20 for your #6 and #15. On top of that, I'd explore the possibility of switching picks in a later round...like in the 6th or 8th....pick up the higher pick in that round. It would be worth a shot since some people overvalue AP, IMO. Basically, you'd be switching first round picks and the price for them to move up in round one would be to give you the higher picks in a couple of the even numbered rounds. I think you would find a lot of takers.

 

That's what I'd do if I could.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.