Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mercer County/Danville Scrimmage

Featured Replies

I just got in. I left a little after the JV started.

 

If I were Mercer County, I'd throw it to Jamel Taylor 1 every 3 plays. He would get the Randy Moss treatment from me. He's taller and will out jump any defender if Tre Dunn has time to make the pass. Despite that, I think Mercer has a lot of work cut out for them this year. I think they can still win their district, but they could very well lose their first 5 or 6 games.

 

Danville looked good. I had no idea number 16 was Pepe Brand. I have been waiting to see him in high school since he was in 8th grade and it was well worth the wait. I think he scored twice. He looked really good.

 

Nice crowd for a scrimmage. I look forward to September 18 and 25.:thumb:

 

I saw a good number of Rebels there.:D

Yea that was a good scrimmage...Mercer has some big boys and some fast ones...The Ads offense looked pretty good and the Defense had its moments...We will see next week what kind of team we have when it's the real deal...:thumb:

What type of offense did Danville run? How did Will Dunn look? I thought perhaps he should have been the quarterback last season. I think the Ads could really take off this season with him under center.

 

Why was the scrimmage at Harrodsburg High? I drove past Alvis Johnson Field back in the summer and I have to admit it was a little sad to see it basically sitting empty, considering all of the great games played there over the years.

  • Author

Neither team wanted to play on their home field. I believe it was originally supposed to be played at Danville.

What type of offense did Danville run? How did Will Dunn look? I thought perhaps he should have been the quarterback last season. I think the Ads could really take off this season with him under center.

 

Some nice looking and effective option offense/misdirection plays. I expect good things from the Ads this year.

Danville looks good for the amount of time they have had to prepare, they were excited and played with emotion, they may take a few lumps early. But I look for them to get better each week and go far in the playoffs, just need to stay healthy. if Danville's team stays together with the sophmore and junior talent on the team, they will be plain nasty next year.:banana::dancingpa

  • Author
Danville looks good for the amount of time they have had to prepare, they were excited and played with emotion, they may take a few lumps early. But I look for them to get better each week and go far in the playoffs, just need to stay healthy. if Danville's team stays together with the sophmore and junior talent on the team, they will be plain nasty next year.:banana::dancingpa

 

I couldn't agree more. I look forward to Sept. 25th. I hope you guys are 5-0 heading into the Titletown Showdown for the added drama of Harp's possible 300th win coming against Boyle County. Talk about drama!!!!!!:popcorn:

I couldn't agree more. I look forward to Sept. 25th. I hope you guys are 5-0 heading into the Titletown Showdown for the added drama of Harp's possible 300th win coming against Boyle County. Talk about drama!!!!!!:popcorn:

 

That would be some major hype.:ylsuper:

I just got in. I left a little after the JV started.

 

If I were Mercer County, I'd throw it to Jamel Taylor 1 every 3 plays. He would get the Randy Moss treatment from me. He's taller and will out jump any defender if Tre Dunn has time to make the pass. Despite that, I think Mercer has a lot of work cut out for them this year. I think they can still win their district, but they could very well lose their first 5 or 6 games.

 

Danville looked good. I had no idea number 16 was Pepe Brand. I have been waiting to see him in high school since he was in 8th grade and it was well worth the wait. I think he scored twice. He looked really good.

 

Nice crowd for a scrimmage. I look forward to September 18 and 25.:thumb:

 

I saw a good number of Rebels there.:D

The big crowd for a scrimmage will hopefully propel this game to be a regular season event. Now that Jaggers is gone there is no reason for this not to happen. Huge gate to be had for this game!

What type of offense did Danville run? How did Will Dunn look? I thought perhaps he should have been the quarterback last season. I think the Ads could really take off this season with him under center.

 

Why was the scrimmage at Harrodsburg High? I drove past Alvis Johnson Field back in the summer and I have to admit it was a little sad to see it basically sitting empty, considering all of the great games played there over the years.

By my count the score was Danville 21 and Mercer 7 at the end of the first 2 quarters. Danville had a couple of TD's brought back by penalties. #12 for Danville looked unstoppable or at least for Mercer to stop him.

What type of offense did Danville run? How did Will Dunn look? I thought perhaps he should have been the quarterback last season. I think the Ads could really take off this season with him under center.

 

Why was the scrimmage at Harrodsburg High? I drove past Alvis Johnson Field back in the summer and I have to admit it was a little sad to see it basically sitting empty, considering all of the great games played there over the years.

 

 

I heard that the Mercer middle school team will play their games at HHS this year.

Seems like a nice setup for Mercer. Play everything but varsity football games at H-Burgs old field.

Freshman always play at the old HHS field. Midle school does as well.

The big crowd for a scrimmage will hopefully propel this game to be a regular season event. Now that Jaggers is gone there is no reason for this not to happen. Huge gate to be had for this game!

 

Your correct about Danville and Mercer playing.Harp will play Mercer for sure now. He and Jaggers are best friends.

  • Author
Your correct about Danville and Mercer playing.Harp will play Mercer for sure now. He and Jaggers are best friends.

 

:confused::idunno:

 

You do know that Jaggers isn't at Mercer County right?

 

There is no good reason for these two teams to not be playing each other in the regular season.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.