Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

James Jones transfers to Belleuve

Featured Replies

James Jones and Hunter Jones are NOT brothers.

  • Replies 38
  • Views 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO, not sure about Jones's arm (troubles) in the past 2 years at Dayton, can he still pitch? I think he was moved to the outfield and out of the pitcher's role because of arm problems. I don't think he played summer baseball this year either. Bellevue on the other hand will have a couple of real young starter's playing on the HS this year, due to no one in the Frosh, Soph & Junior class (when looking at the roster from last year). Starting pitching will have to be strong this year for Bellevue, there will be no one in relief if the starters are in trouble.

IMO, not sure about Jones's arm (troubles) in the past 2 years at Dayton, can he still pitch? I think he was moved to the outfield and out of the pitcher's role because of arm problems. I don't think he played summer baseball this year either. Bellevue on the other hand will have a couple of real young starter's playing on the HS this year, due to no one in the Frosh, Soph & Junior class (when looking at the roster from last year). Starting pitching will have to be strong this year for Bellevue, there will be no one in relief if the starters are in trouble.

 

Jones did pitch last year a lot for Dayton. He also did play summer ball i dont know who for but he did play. Bellevue will have about 8 seniors this year playing and with James coming to Bellevue gives them another good bat and a all around good player.

Part of Jones' arm issues is that he was pitched very heavily in the past by Dayton. The other problem is that he is one of those pitchers that puts a lot of strain on his arm because every pitch is throw with 110% effort. He is best used as a short reliever/closer, as longer inning outings seem to really take a toll on his arm.

He will definitely help Bellevue. The overall concern for Bellevue is losing young players to other programs before they get to high school. They have lost a couple kids already who would have been impact players the following year once all the seniors graduated. Instead these kids are moving out of the district. Not the fault of Coach Sanders but in talking to those kids more of an indictment of the school.......................

>They have lost a couple kids already who would have been impact players the following >year once all the seniors graduated. Instead these kids are moving out of the district. >Not the fault of Coach Sanders but in talking to those kids more of an indictment of >the school

 

in the Bellevue area, choice of schools come into play being public or if in the Catholic school, going to NCC. There have been a few players who went on to Highlands as well. Your right, more of an indictment of the school.

From what I hear is that Jones has lived in Bellevue for the last couple of years but has attended Dayton, not sure why to transfer in his Senior year?

Edited by bugatti

from what I hear is that Jones has lived in Bellevue for the last couple of years but has attended Dayton, not sure why to transfer in his Senior year?

 

If this is true, then I believe he is ineligible to play for Bellevue under KHSAA rules. My understanding is once a player has played varsity for a school, the only way he can transfer and be eligible immediately is by moving from one district to the other. Otherwise he has to sit out a year. If he has been living in Bellevue, then he will not be eligible to play for them this year. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Jones has lived in Dayton the past few years. I've driven him to his house several times. I would assume he wants to play for Bellevue because he's dissatisfied with the baseball program at Dayton. I am sure if he is transferring to Bellevue, it is based on a legitimate move, as Coach Sanders is not going to put his program at risk playing an ineligible player.

Jones has lived in Dayton the past few years. I've driven him to his house several times. I would assume he wants to play for Bellevue because he's dissatisfied with the baseball program at Dayton. I am sure if he is transferring to Bellevue, it is based on a legitimate move, as Coach Sanders is not going to put his program at risk playing an ineligible player.

 

Thanks for clearing that up Cooperstown.

Jones has lived in Dayton the past few years. I've driven him to his house several times. I would assume he wants to play for Bellevue because he's dissatisfied with the baseball program at Dayton. I am sure if he is transferring to Bellevue, it is based on a legitimate move, as Coach Sanders is not going to put his program at risk playing an ineligible player.

 

You are correct. I think he is moving to a different house in Bellevue because he really wants to play for Coach Sanders and for Bellevue.

Jones has lived in Dayton the past few years. I've driven him to his house several times. I would assume he wants to play for Bellevue because he's dissatisfied with the baseball program at Dayton. I am sure if he is transferring to Bellevue, it is based on a legitimate move, as Coach Sanders is not going to put his program at risk playing an ineligible player.

 

By definition the move would not be "legitimate" (or a "bona fide" change of residence under KHSAA rules) if it was prompted by the student being "dissatisfied with the baseball program at Dayton." That's not to say the KHSAA would acutally follow their own rules and impose the year sit out penalty....sometimes they do and sometimes they don't.

Jones has lived in Dayton the past few years. I've driven him to his house several times. I would assume he wants to play for Bellevue because he's dissatisfied with the baseball program at Dayton. I am sure if he is transferring to Bellevue, it is based on a legitimate move, as Coach Sanders is not going to put his program at risk playing an ineligible player.

 

I agree with Parkway. I think it is interesting to try to understand the KHSAA rules. In the KHSAA handbook, a bona fide change in residence is an acceptable reason for transfer. However, in Bylaw 6, section 3,under “Specific Restrictions Resulting in Denial of Waiver” the KHSAA states “Satisfying of one of the exceptions (in this case a bona fide change in residence) shall not be considered valid and a waiver of the period of ineligibility shall not be granted:…. c) If the change in schools is motivated in whole or part by a desire to participate in athletics at the new school.”

Edited by Homerun
Grammar and spelling

...

Edited by Homerun
Error

You are correct. I think he is moving to a different house in Bellevue because he really wants to play for Coach Sanders and for Bellevue.

 

The bold bothers me a bit!

 

If it were his family is moving, you would think that the poster would have stated that, "they are moving", but BB#21 is saying that he is moving! There is a huge difference between if he alone is moving to Bellevue, or if the family is moving to Bellevue! You just might see the KHSAA get involved!

 

Just curious but what would the ruling be for an example if the young man is 18 (by definition; he is an adult) and he decides to move out of the family home to another home out of the district, but his family stays put. Now he is an adult, with all the rights of an adult, and that includes choosing to live where he wants to. Anyone?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.