HHS Freshman Football 2009

So I quess we'll see if size matters.:popcorn:

It will always be quality first and quantity second. However, when you run into someone who has both, it can make life tough. :ohbrother:

The quality level of this year's Baby Bengal team is average. They will be better than last year, but not near as good as two or three years ago.

Weren't some of you Bird fans in attendance last year when St. X.'s JV team traveled to Ft. Thomas to play Highlands? If so, how did it go and what do you remember most about that game...talent, numbers, or both? Many of the same boys who played in that game now are major components of the varsity squads of each school. :cool:

Coach Barr was a constant for Bluebird Football for over 30 years. How many exactly? How many varsity head coaches did he see? Great coach, a class act all the way, and an underappreciated reason for continued HHS performance. Godspeed, Coach Barr.

I echo your comment 35Bird. He was a great scout to the varsity program for many years as well as being a very successful frosh head coach.

It will always be quality first and quantity second. However, when you run into someone who has both, it can make life tough. :ohbrother:

The quality level of this year's Baby Bengal team is average. They will be better than last year, but not near as good as two or three years ago.

Weren't some of you Bird fans in attendance last year when St. X.'s JV team traveled to Ft. Thomas to play Highlands? If so, how did it go and what do you remember most about that game...talent, numbers, or both? Many of the same boys who played in that game now are major components of the varsity squads of each school. :cool:

I was at the JV game last year, and I remember when St. X scored in the south endzone, and all 11 players on offense ran off the field to the sideline, and a fresh 11 came in for the PAT.

X's JV had some very good football players, and it was a good learning experience for our guys. I seem to recall that the date became available when Scott couldn't field a JV team that week due to injuries on Varsity, so it worked out well that there was an open date that got filled with a quality opponent.

#4 was a good runner who could change direction on a dime, and was elusive.

HHS JV Vs X_10 25 08_4239.jpg

I watched part of the frosh scrimmage against Male and I think the baby birds scored 5 out of the first 10 times they touched the ball.. Who is the left handed qb for the frosh?? He looked pretty good to me..

Donovan McCoy

Wow! Wonder if Highlands has 110 boys in the freshman class?

I wonder if Highlands has 110 boys combined for Freshman and Varisty? I would think they do since there's about 80 on the varsity. A couple years ago HHS frosh had about 40-43 on the team and people talked about how large that class was.