Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

South Laurel 10 Estill County 5

Featured Replies

South Laurel takes the 1-0 lead in the best of 3 series. Next game is Wednesday.

Who pitched for South? They are on a roll.

 

Can't remember the name (unusual name) #10. Singleton pitched for Estill, he's their #3 good game, South put the runs up over the last couple of innings, should be a good series.

I wonder why anyone would start with their #3 in a best of 3 series?

Can't remember the name (unusual name) #10. Singleton pitched for Estill, he's their #3 good game, South put the runs up over the last couple of innings, should be a good series.

 

I believe Luke Rakestraw pitched for South. I know he was pitching during the time I was listening.

 

South was up 7-3 after 3 innings, so they actually scored most of their runs in the first 3 innings of the game. Estill closed it to 7-5 midway thru the 4th. South added 3 insurance runs while only allowing 0 more Estill runs to finish the game 10-5.

I wonder why anyone would start with their #3 in a best of 3 series?

 

Could it possibly be that their top two couldn't pitch? I know Estill just won the 24th over the weekend.

 

SL has too much offensive firepower to lose this one. Estill has a few bats, but they drop off in a major way after the first 4-5 hitters.

 

22 from Estil has a very good bat, is he going to play somewhere in college?

Could it possibly be that their top two couldn't pitch? I know Estill just won the 24th over the weekend.

 

SL has too much offensive firepower to lose this one. Estill has a few bats, but they drop off in a major way after the first 4-5 hitters.

 

22 from Estil has a very good bat, is he going to play somewhere in college?

 

Well then that is the district's fault for handcuffing their champion. If their top two couldn't pitch then they are at a severe disadvantage.

 

I'm assuming that Estill threw their ace for the district championship so he isn't ready for the next game. That's unfortunate for them. Not so much for SL.

Well then that is the district's fault for handcuffing their champion. If their top two couldn't pitch then they are at a severe disadvantage.

 

I'm assuming that Estill threw their ace for the district championship so he isn't ready for the next game. That's unfortunate for them. Not so much for SL.

 

Maybe weather played a role, but I agree that the district's really need to look at the state/regional schedules and adjust accordingly so as not to put their team's at a competitive disadvantage. Especially right now the way South is hitting the ball. You need your best pitching.

Maybe weather played a role, but I agree that the district's really need to look at the state/regional schedules and adjust accordingly so as not to put their team's at a competitive disadvantage. Especially right now the way South is hitting the ball. You need your best pitching.

Weather was the problem. Cancellations due to rain forced the tournament into the weekend. Looks like Mother Nature put Estill at a disadvantage in game 1.

Congrats to the Cards! They have several kids who have really dedicated themselves to baseball and it's good to see that their efforts are paying off.

Weather was the problem. Cancellations due to rain forced the tournament into the weekend. Looks like Mother Nature put Estill at a disadvantage in game 1.

 

 

That's what I was afraid of. Can't do anything about that.

They can't throw their #1 or #2 until Wednesday. The weather forced the semi's and finals to be played on the same day, Saturday.

I believe Luke Rakestraw pitched for South. I know he was pitching during the time I was listening.

 

South was up 7-3 after 3 innings, so they actually scored most of their runs in the first 3 innings of the game. Estill closed it to 7-5 midway thru the 4th. South added 3 insurance runs while only allowing 0 more Estill runs to finish the game 10-5.

 

I believe it was 3-1 Estill after 3. South put up 6 runs in the 4th, and 3 in the 6th, but I could be wrong.

Luke Rakestraw pitched, he also hit 3 for 4. He is my grandson.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

Luke Rakestraw pitched, he also hit 3 for 4. He is my grandson.

 

He did a terrific job, ... you should be very proud!!!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.