Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Nike Memorial Day Classic

Featured Replies

Spent the holiday weekend in Atlanta scouting one of the four premier Nike events of the year, and WOW was their a lot of talent. Here's a sample of the guys in the field...

 

Brandon Knight

Austin Rivers

Harrison Barnes

Will Barton

Josh Selby

CJ Fair

Josh Smith

Tony Wroten

Jereme Richmond

Tobias Harris

Teran Buie

Daniel Bejarano

Doron Lamb

Jason Morris

Shane Southwell

Meyers Leonard

Terrence Jones

Kendall Marshaal

Andre Dawkins

Travis McKie

Tyler Lamb

Victor Oladipo

Jerian Grant

Jordan Latham

Gary Franklin

 

 

And that's just guys playing 17U that I watched. Whew. I'm tired...

I'd say you are tired G, but at least you got to catch a lot of good basketball.

 

 

I know you posted on Barton the other night, but which was the better show, Harrison Barnes against Boo Williams All-Stars on Saturday morning, or Barton's performance against Barnes later on? As expected both were turning heads and proven they are not to be messed with as far as being premiere wings in this years class.

 

 

 

 

More importantly, did you hear any good (credible) news as far as the guys in the MDC and their college destinations? Also, other than the two already mentioned, who else was looking good and living up to their hype? I am assuming Knight and Smith played as expected, but did Lamb (Doron) fill it up like he has been know to do? and did any others do anything to help their case as far as rankings go?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Not trying to play 21 questions with you or anything G but you can read the net all you want, as well as surf whatever video's may have surfaced. However, you just cannot beat first hand info. :thumb: :lol:

  • Author

Too many mental and actual notes to sort out that I simply cannot grasp right now after finally getting home. :lol:

 

I did see one of the most amazing sporting moments of my life last night in the 17U quarterfinals. All four games were side by side, and the best of the best were fighting for a spot on the big stage this morning. ALL FOUR games were down to the wire and regulation horns went off all within 60 seconds real time. 3 OTs and a missed buzzer 3 for a 2 point loss. One of the games ended in 1 OT and the other two ended in 2OT. It was a crazy scene considering how many high major kids were making plays at such a frenzied and exciting pace...

  • Author
I'd say you are tired G, but at least you got to catch a lot of good basketball.

 

 

I know you posted on Barton the other night, but which was the better show, Harrison Barnes against Boo Williams All-Stars on Saturday morning, or Barton's performance against Barnes later on? As expected both were turning heads and proven they are not to be messed with as far as being premiere wings in this years class.

 

 

 

 

More importantly, did you hear any good (credible) news as far as the guys in the MDC and their college destinations? Also, other than the two already mentioned, who else was looking good and living up to their hype? I am assuming Knight and Smith played as expected, but did Lamb (Doron) fill it up like he has been know to do? and did any others do anything to help their case as far as rankings go?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Not trying to play 21 questions with you or anything G but you can read the net all you want, as well as surf whatever video's may have surfaced. However, you just cannot beat first hand info. :thumb: :lol:

I'll get to that one tomorrow as well... :lol:

I'll get to that one tomorrow as well... :lol:

 

Fair enough. :D

 

 

 

 

Get some rest, I'm sure you've earned it. Even though many may envy the job, they may not realize how much it wears on you after a big weekend. Especially the traveling part (and I know the traveling part all too well).

  • Author

 

Get some rest, I'm sure you've earned it. Even though many may envy the job, they may not realize how much it wears on you after a big weekend. Especially the traveling part (and I know the traveling part all too well).

 

The traveling is kinda rough once you get home, but the big drain is the simple lack of sleep you can get if you want to watch as much as possible. I watched almost as much 16u and 15u action as I did 17s and that list is just as long, but most of the names aren't well known yet.

 

I love doing it, but for a day or so after you get home it's total zombie time. This is my first totally full spring schedule, and I'm all kinds of ready for my mid June vacation already...

The traveling is kinda rough once you get home, but the big drain is the simple lack of sleep you can get if you want to watch as much as possible. I watched almost as much 16u and 15u action as I did 17s and that list is just as long, but most of the names aren't well known yet.

 

I love doing it, but for a day or so after you get home it's total zombie time. This is my first totally full spring schedule, and I'm all kinds of ready for my mid June vacation already...

 

GT, sounds like an interesting job. Is it something you just fell into? I think that would be extremely interesting.

  • Author
GT, sounds like an interesting job. Is it something you just fell into? I think that would be extremely interesting.

Just a natural progression of the things I've been doing over the last few years...

GT, what do you think about Austin Rivers? I watched him in a holiday tournament on ESPN during Christmas Break and I thought he was by far the best player in the class of 2011-I think.

  • Author
I'd say you are tired G, but at least you got to catch a lot of good basketball.

 

 

I know you posted on Barton the other night, but which was the better show, Harrison Barnes against Boo Williams All-Stars on Saturday morning, or Barton's performance against Barnes later on? As expected both were turning heads and proven they are not to be messed with as far as being premiere wings in this years class.

 

 

 

 

More importantly, did you hear any good (credible) news as far as the guys in the MDC and their college destinations? Also, other than the two already mentioned, who else was looking good and living up to their hype? I am assuming Knight and Smith played as expected, but did Lamb (Doron) fill it up like he has been know to do? and did any others do anything to help their case as far as rankings go?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Not trying to play 21 questions with you or anything G but you can read the net all you want, as well as surf whatever video's may have surfaced. However, you just cannot beat first hand info. :thumb: :lol:

 

1. That's a tough one. I'd likely have to give a slight edge to Barnes against Boo Williams because they sent everything they had at him and couldn't do anything to stop him while Barton had Josh Selby also lighting it up in the game the next morning. Both performances were off the charts.

 

2. The DC kids like Oladipo and Grant are still wide open at the moment and likely won't see any movement there until the summer is over and they start to set up visits. That group of DC kids have really blown up this spring and a bunch of schools are still entering the picture. Only Baltimore kid I got much info on is Barton and I can't say any more than what I said on the other thread over the weekend.

 

3. Hard to pick just one or two kids that had a great weekend. They talent level was so high across the board that everyone brought their A game...

  • Author
GT, what do you think about Austin Rivers? I watched him in a holiday tournament on ESPN during Christmas Break and I thought he was by far the best player in the class of 2011-I think.

 

He's certainly top 5, but I don't think he's close to Marquis Teague or Mike Gilchrist. I'd also take LaQuentin Ross over him as well...

Edited by gametime

He's certainly top 5, but I don't think he's close to Marquis Teague or Mike Gilchrist. I'd also take LaQuentin Ross over him as well...

 

:thumb:

  • Author
:thumb:

There is certainly a lot to like about his game. His mid range floater is a thing of beauty...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.