• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couple of other results:

Mason 64 Boone 56 in a close game that went back and forth

Boone 80 Scott 54

Conner Varsity by 4 over Boone JV in OT

Boone JV by a couple over Owen County JV

Mason looks like they will have a good team again. Pawsatt and Setty looked good. Boone was missing their 3 top returning scorers and still looked pretty good.

That was Owen County Varsity. They only brought one team.

How did Montogomery and Brown look from Boone? Will they get varsity minutes this year for Boone? and how did Kellen Smith do for Scott?

That was Owen County Varsity. They only brought one team.

How did Montogomery and Brown look from Boone? Will they get varsity minutes this year for Boone? and how did Kellen Smith do for Scott?

Didn't see Owen's Shelton. Owen's varsity looked pretty small.

Brown looked pretty good. Montgomery did alright too. I think both will see varsity minutes this year.

Smith is Scott's best player and scorer. However, he looked frustrated at times and tried to force some stuff and got a T. He was matched up against Boone's Popp most of the game. Popp probably got the best of the matchup, but both are good guards.

Brown looked pretty good. Montgomery did alright too. I think both will see varsity minutes this year.

Smith is Scott's best player and scorer. However, he looked frustrated at times and tried to force some stuff and got a T. He was matched up against Boone's Popp most of the game. Popp probably got the best of the matchup, but both are good guards.

I was very impressed with Brown for Boone County in the Mason County and Scott games. Really knows how to use his body. I see him being a big contributor on Boone County this season. Gabbard will be able to find him on the blocks and Brown is a good finisher.

I don't agree on the Smith/Popp matchup. Probably call it a push as Smith forced Popp into a lot of turnovers and was able to get to the rim and score. Popp has a little more of a supporting cast at this point. Scott does not have a lot of scoring options at this point.

Montgomery is kind of an x factor for Boone. Freakishly athletic and if he puts on 10-15 pounds he can do a lot of things. Needs to improve his ballhandling against the pressure but that would probably come with added strength.

I have been a big fan of Popps game even last season when he was not getting minutes and think he will be a big contributor for Boone at the 2 guard.

Edited by 4pointplay

I was very impressed with Brown for Boone County in the Mason County and Scott games. Really knows how to use his body. I see him being a big contributor on Boone County this season. Gabbard will be able to find him on the blocks and Brown is a good finisher.

I don't agree on the Smith/Popp matchup. Probably call it a push as Smith forced Popp into a lot of turnovers and was able to get to the rim and score. Popp has a little more of a supporting cast at this point. Scott does not have a lot of scoring options at this point.

Montgomery is kind of an x factor for Boone. Freakishly athletic and if he puts on 10-15 pounds he can do a lot of things. Needs to improve his ballhandling against the pressure but that would probably come with added strength.

I have been a big fan of Popps game even last season when he was not getting minutes and think he will be a big contributor for Boone at the 2 guard.

I agree Brown uses his body very well and seems to be jumping and blocking shots better.

Smith and Popp both forced each other into several turnovers. Neither had a lot of help against pressure. Boone's senior guards Gabbard and Schulze were hurt. Popp probably outscored Smith on fewer shots, but as you said, Smith is Scott's only option. Gabbard, Popp, and Smith will be among the better guards in the 9th region this year.

Montgomery is very athletic. If he can play solid defense and improve ball handling/limit turnovers, the sky is the limit. He had some nice blocks yesterday.

I agree Brown uses his body very well and seems to be jumping and blocking shots better.

Smith and Popp both forced each other into several turnovers. Neither had a lot of help against pressure. Boone's senior guards Gabbard and Schulze were hurt. Popp probably outscored Smith on fewer shots, but as you said, Smith is Scott's only option. Gabbard, Popp, and Smith will be among the better guards in the 9th region this year.

Montgomery is very athletic. If he can play solid defense and improve ball handling/limit turnovers, the sky is the limit. He had some nice blocks yesterday.

I still think Boone Co is 2nd best team in the 9th behind Holmes even with Highlands returning top 7-8 players based on what I have seen. Boone appears to be playing more uptempo and shooting 3 more than at the end of last season. Should be interesting to see if they play that style once the season starts. I think the uptempo style suits them but, hard to argue with success they had last season.

I also think uptempo suits their players better for small spot-up three point shooters they will have this year and the guards who have good open floor vision and quickness who find shooters on the wings and the bigs who run the floor. It is certainly much more exciting to watch that style of ball.

They did well last year. It's hard to speculate if they would have done better or worse using an up-tempo vs. half court, deliberate style. They had/have a lot of talent and should have a pretty good year again.

They were up on Mason in the first half yesterday when they were hitting more threes.

Owen's Shelton is out with an injury.

Here are some of the scores from Simon Kenton tonight.

Campbell County 58 Cooper 41

Newport 71 Cov Cath 54 (this was the score with 2 min to go)

Gallatin County 75 Calvary Christian 60

Campbell County 65 Conner 57

Beechwood 55 Cooper 52

Mason County 37 Holmes 30 (halftime score)

I was very impressed with Brady Jolly from Campbell. He will be very good this year. The Camels do not have a lot of size but they are a scrappy bunch that plays tough in your face defense.

Also, in the Mason/Holmes game, Setty played extremely well. He locked down Pittman.

I was very impressed with Holmes Christian Mcclendon in the Mason game. I think he had like 14 points.

Who takes stock in these games or scores. I know our coach plays about 20 people in the games we have played and in one game they didn't even keep score. He uses it as a means to determine who will replace the boys we lost last year.

You can't put alot of stock into them. They are good to give the coach an idea of what he has coming in, but there are so many kids missing or hurt that it is completely impossible to use this as a determiner for next season. I saw teams this week running with 6 or 7 kids who were not all even going to be varsity guys. It sure is fun though.