Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Walton-Verona Open

Featured Replies

BTW.......WV better get ready for conditioning and weight training the likes those kids have NEVER seen before.....If I know Jeff, and I do, those boys are in for work and discipline like they can't imagine......but it will all pay off for those young men with victory and valueable life lessons....Good Luck Bearcats.......Jeff is tough, but a good man to have teach and coach your young men and students.:D

  • Replies 52
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Jeff Barth. Did he coach football when he was in the Oldham County School District? I think he was at South Oldham, but I don't know if he coached football there.

Coach Barth has been busy assembling a staff and I think will keep most of the previous staff. I am sure he will announce soon who will be his assistants this year.:taz:

[QUOTE=weasel91;3422404]BTW.......WV better get ready for conditioning and weight training the likes those kids have NEVER seen before.....If I know Jeff, and I do, those boys are in for work and discipline like they can't imagine......but it will all pay off for those young men with victory and valueable life lessons....Good Luck Bearcats.......Jeff is tough, but a good man to have teach and coach your young men and students.:D

 

 

Believe me when I say there is a group of these young men who have been absolutely busting it in the weightroom since Jan. 4th when school began this past semester. A few which have exceeded the 1,000 pound mark in bench, clean, and squat. All of which have made HUGE gains in each lift, while also being pushed and pushed and pushed some more at 6 IN THE MORNING!!! That's dedication, I commend these guys and any program would be exstatic(sp?) to have this type of dedication in any athletic program. WV is getting ready for what should be a fun inaugural year in 1A football... :thumb:

[QUOTE=weasel91;3422404]BTW.......WV better get ready for conditioning and weight training the likes those kids have NEVER seen before.....If I know Jeff, and I do, those boys are in for work and discipline like they can't imagine......but it will all pay off for those young men with victory and valueable life lessons....Good Luck Bearcats.......Jeff is tough, but a good man to have teach and coach your young men and students.:D

 

 

Believe me when I say there is a group of these young men who have been absolutely busting it in the weightroom since Jan. 4th when school began this past semester. A few which have exceeded the 1,000 pound mark in bench, clean, and squat. All of which have made HUGE gains in each lift, while also being pushed and pushed and pushed some more at 6 IN THE MORNING!!! That's dedication, I commend these guys and any program would be exstatic(sp?) to have this type of dedication in any athletic program. WV is getting ready for what should be a fun inaugural year in 1A football... :thumb:

 

Coach Strong is the man with those young men and is doing a great job. They will be prepared for the season.:ylsuper:

Wow! Now that is impressive that there are that many kids in the 1000 lb. club with only bench, squat, and clean. It is rare that there is 1 kid in a school that belongs to the 1000 lb. club with those 3 lifts let alone more than that. Are you sure that it's not bench, squat, deadlift?

Nope, definetly bench, squat, clean.... Deadlifts aren't an everyday lift for them....One benching 300, one squats around 600, two cleaning over 215....

Some pretty strong young men. A couple more are in the 900's.....:popcorn:

Nope, definetly bench, squat, clean.... Deadlifts aren't an everyday lift for them....One benching 300, one squats around 600, two cleaning over 215....

Some pretty strong young men. A couple more are in the 900's.....:popcorn:

 

I can see a 300 bench and a 215 clean, but a 600 pound parallel squat is not a believeable stat. I went to a pretty good college and the best squat was a freakishly strong defensive lineman who squated 550 to a 12 inch box. Regardless, I have never seen a squat rack on the football field.

 

I believe Coach Barth will do a very good job with these kids. Best wishes to Coach Barth and Walton football!

Unfortunately there are no "official" parallel squat racks in WV's weightroom, we do however have a decent what I call a "squat box"... It's a smith machine type with the bar attatched to a gliding ring on each side. And yes, he did squat 600 on that.. Which includes no weight for the bar, no idea what the conversion is for that kind of squat rack. And yes, he went down to the same qualifications he would if he were at a lifting meet, that is made sure of, he's only 5'6" and weighs about 175. Pound for pound, one of the toughest and strongest I've seen in a while, and I've been around alot of football.... I would say on a true parallel "free" squat rack, he would probably still be above 500 lbs. Which is huge for only being an upcoming junior in high school.... Hopefully next off-season, we can enter in some of the lifting meets.. With all the changes, it's been hard to get things like that done, with transportation, entry fees, etc.... Look for him, #34 (atleast he was last year) plays both sides at FB and LB...

Unfortunately there are no "official" parallel squat racks in WV's weightroom, we do however have a decent what I call a "squat box"... It's a smith machine type with the bar attatched to a gliding ring on each side. And yes, he did squat 600 on that.. Which includes no weight for the bar, no idea what the conversion is for that kind of squat rack. And yes, he went down to the same qualifications he would if he were at a lifting meet, that is made sure of, he's only 5'6" and weighs about 175. Pound for pound, one of the toughest and strongest I've seen in a while, and I've been around alot of football.... I would say on a true parallel "free" squat rack, he would probably still be above 500 lbs. Which is huge for only being an upcoming junior in high school.... Hopefully next off-season, we can enter in some of the lifting meets.. With all the changes, it's been hard to get things like that done, with transportation, entry fees, etc.... Look for him, #34 (atleast he was last year) plays both sides at FB and LB...

 

Impressive! :eek:

Has coach Barth named his staff yet? Who will his assistants be for the upcoming school year?

Has coach Barth named his staff yet? Who will his assistants be for the upcoming school year?

 

They were introduced last night at the parent meeting. The same staff is being retained along with the addition of Jerry Kline as offensive cordinator.

Jerry Cline from Twenhofel?

 

Yes.:thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.