May 6, 200917 yr I just wish their bats would just be somewhat consistant now. It's nice to have pitching like this and at least have a chance in games.
May 6, 200917 yr They're also leading the league in shutouts with six. The next nearest team has four. Also No. 2 in fewest earned runs allowed, and tied for second in overall runs allowed. They're middle of the pack in walks allowed, which figures to get better. I'll take a better pitching squad over those teams that hit all those homers any day of the week, and twice on Sunday. The previous Reds model of all-hitting/weak-pitching has been proven not to work.
May 6, 200917 yr Not only are the Reds in first, but look at the top 5. 2. Giants 3. Royals 4. Dodgers 5. Pirates The Dodgers are probably the only team there that people figured would be there before the season started. Pretty remarkable
May 6, 200917 yr Not only are the Reds in first, but look at the top 5. 2. Giants 3. Royals 4. Dodgers 5. Pirates The Dodgers are probably the only team there that people figured would be there before the season started. Pretty remarkable Dodgers can also hit a little.
May 6, 200917 yr They're also leading the league in shutouts with six. The next nearest team has four. Also No. 2 in fewest earned runs allowed, and tied for second in overall runs allowed. They're middle of the pack in walks allowed, which figures to get better. I'll take a better pitching squad over those teams that hit all those homers any day of the week, and twice on Sunday. The previous Reds model of all-hitting/weak-pitching has been proven not to work. Is the team with the next most shutouts KC? I think Greinke has 3, maybe 4. On a side note, the Reds are undefeated on Sunday. So your "twice on Sunday" comment is actually true. :lol:
May 6, 200917 yr Is the team with the next most shutouts KC? I think Greinke has 3, maybe 4. On a side note, the Reds are undefeated on Sunday. So your "twice on Sunday" comment is actually true. :lol: I think you may be right.
May 6, 200917 yr No I never thought I'd see that. The Pirates staff has kind of flown under the radar too IMO. You have to keep the ball down in GABP!
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.