Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NFL players speaking out about private affairs of other NFL teams?

NFL players speaking out about other NFL team matters 18 members have voted

  1. 1. NFL players speaking out about other NFL team matters

    • Yes, it is accepable for NFL players to speak out about the private affairs of other NFL teams
      22%
    • No, NFL players have no business speaking out about the private affairs of other teams
      77%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Ah ah, "NO", they should'nt.

See, we knew you were agreeing with us, you just didn't know it yet.:lol:

  • Replies 30
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
See, we knew you were agreeing with us, you just didn't know it yet.:lol:

 

I'm getting confused in my old age!:laugh:

Can you define "private affairs?"

 

 

Exactly.

 

This thread was created with TJ stating how Chad OchoCinco called him and was crying about wanting to be traded.

 

I don't consider that a private affair. Especially since Chad has been as public as possible.

I thought this thread was actually in regard to TJ bashing the Bengals organization?

  • Author
I thought this thread was actually in regard to TJ bashing the Bengals organization?

 

TJ has done both.

  • Author
Exactly.

 

This thread was created with TJ stating how Chad OchoCinco called him and was crying about wanting to be traded.

 

I don't consider that a private affair. Especially since Chad has been as public as possible.

 

Actually this thread was started to see how many people agree with you.

 

If Chad, his agent, or the Bengals are not talking publicly about it, then it is private.

  • Author
Can you define "private affairs?"

 

Like I posted, if the player, his agent, or a team are not making something public I do not think it is proper for a player or coach from another team or agent not involved, etc. to air the dirty laundry of another team.

 

Right, wrong, or indifferent it is a function of the media and that is where a conflict of interest arises when you have active players doing part time gigs as talking heads.

Like I posted, if the player, his agent, or a team are not making something public I do not think it is proper for a player or coach from another team or agent not involved, etc. to air the dirty laundry of another team.

 

Right, wrong, or indifferent it is a function of the media and that is where a conflict of interest arises when you have active players doing part time gigs as talking heads.

 

I absolutely agree with the last point you've made. I was actually just having a conversation about how blogs and "talking heads" have changed the news industry. There are so many mediums available to someone who wants to "break" a story, regardless of its credibility, that everyone is rushing to be the 1st to break it.

 

You see it on every message board, including this one. Due to the real-time nature of blogs / message boards, it's impossible to stop. I wish other sites had as many moderators as BGP to help curtail the junk.

 

Now back to the topic:

 

I don't really have a problem with what TJ has done. I'm fairly certain it was a ploy by Chad & TJ to bash the Bengals. I'm not ok with Chad bashing the Bengals; however, TJ has earned that right, IMO. As long as he does so in a relatively professional manner and sticks to football related manners (instead of attacking someone's integrity, family, etc.) then I have no problem with it. At least not yet.

 

TJ became one of the toughest WR's in the game. I hated how he yapped on the field, but he produced. He did everything that he was asked to inside the lines and didn't mess up outside of them. He put in his time here and now he's voicing his (and others') displeasure with the organization.

 

Just curious 'ru, but were you upset about Tiki Barber & the stuff that he pulled with the Giants?

Like I posted, if the player, his agent, or a team are not making something public I do not think it is proper for a player or coach from another team or agent not involved, etc. to air the dirty laundry of another team.

 

Generally, I'd tend to agree with you; however, Chad OchoCinco's desire to be traded is far from a "private affair."

 

I view TJ's comments similarly to those of an exit interview. The guy produced on the field, but I'm not overly sorry to see him go either.

  • Author

We are close on a lot of points but will have to agree to disagree on TJ having the "right" to speak out.

 

I am not a Giant fan and my memory is foggy but I remember thinking poo on Tiki and feeling real good about the Giants winning it all without Tiki. Again, addition by subtraction.

We are close on a lot of points but will have to agree to disagree on TJ having the "right" to speak out.

 

I am not a Giant fan and my memory is foggy but I remember thinking poo on Tiki and feeling real good about the Giants winning it all without Tiki. Again, addition by subtraction.

 

My rationale behind TJ having the "right" (for lack of a better term) is that he spent so much time here. He contributed to the team and he was not a distraction. This is the same team that he played for. It's still the offseason & he hasn't played a game for any other franchise in the NFL.

 

I think when he signed elsewhere, it is beneficial to listen to what he has to say. After all, he was one of the most consistent players that we've had over the past decade or so. And nobody knows what goes on behind-the-scenes (locker room, etc.) better than TJ.

 

What if TJ came out & said that he loved his time spent here and that he wishes Chad would just shut-up & play? If he said that Chad should worry about the things between the lines, not what's happening off of it?

 

Would TJ still be out of line?

As far as the Giants / Tiki situation is involved:

 

I, too, was glad to see the Giants win. I think that Tiki handled it very poorly. While I'm not positive on the facts, I seem to remember him bashing Eli & saying how he was not a leader & that he'd never be a leader. That, to me, is crossing the line.

 

Also, I did not appreciate the platform that Tiki used. When you're a commentator, I feel that you should leave your biases behind. Particularly when they're as evident as they were in that situation.

I'm a Bengals fan, but as far as what they say in public. Who knows what might have been said in private for TJ or Chad to talk about the organization. Doesn't it really come down to he said, she said?

I guess players that change teams shouldn't reveal what's in their old team's playbook either. :rolleyes:

I think what is even worse is the Eagles player talking about two of his teammates not happy about their contract dispute I think it was Brown. The guys he brought up haven't said squat about it. It was talk in the lockerroom and now I don't think his teammates will have much trust in him.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.