Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NFL players speaking out about private affairs of other NFL teams?

NFL players speaking out about other NFL team matters 18 members have voted

  1. 1. NFL players speaking out about other NFL team matters

    • Yes, it is accepable for NFL players to speak out about the private affairs of other NFL teams
      22%
    • No, NFL players have no business speaking out about the private affairs of other teams
      77%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Yes or no do NFL players have any business speaking out about the private affairs of other NFL teams?

 

I voted No.

 

If you vote yes I would love to hear your explanation.

  • Replies 30
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think so. If you don't or haven't played for that team, you really have no buisness talking about it.

  • Author
I don't think so. If you don't or haven't played for that team, you really have no buisness talking about it.

 

Are you saying you think it is OK to speak out if you played for a team in the past but now play for another team?

Not at all, I'm saying I don't feel there is a situation in which a current NFL player should talk negatively about a team they have played for in the past. Probably should have made that more clear in my first post.

  • Author

Got it!

No. I think it used to be a un-written rule that players would not speak of such things, particularly in public. But, now with more of the "spoiled child" type players, they have no loyalty and often like to try to get the last word in. Bad for the sport in my opinion.

 

This is one of the many reasons why I don't like Owens, when he left the Eagles, he got diarrhea of the mouth and just bashed everything Eagles. That is why I was hoping the owners would "Black List" him and not pick him up, but then you have Jerry Jones, who is just as bad, but has more power. I was hoping Owens would just fade into obscurity.

Freedom of speech and 1st Amaendment rights! If a player has played for or has first hand knowledge from a close friend on another team, he has the right to speak his mind. Even if he hasn't played or has first hand knowledge, let him speak, he will be thought a fool and trouble maker in these instances, but he has the right to speak, no matter how right or wrong he is.

^ You also have the right not to excercise your first ammendment right. It's not a matter of what is lawful but a matter of what is ethical.

  • Author
Freedom of speech and 1st Amaendment rights! If a player has played for or has first hand knowledge from a close friend on another team, he has the right to speak his mind. Even if he hasn't played or has first hand knowledge, let him speak, he will be thought a fool and trouble maker in these instances, but he has the right to speak, no matter how right or wrong he is.

 

I agree 100% he has the American right to do it but that is not the question.

 

If I follow you, you believe he is the right to do it but you think it is the wrong thing to do? If so, I think you should have voted the other way in the poll.

^ You also have the right not to excercise your first ammendment right. It's not a matter of what is lawful but a matter of what is ethical.

 

When did ethics become involved for some of those in higher power positions, such as owners and star players. As long as they don't break the law, their going to stand up for their postions, ethics are thrown out the window.

Can you define "private affairs?"

I agree 100% he has the American right to do it but that is not the question.

 

If I follow you, you believe he is the right to do it but you think it is the wrong thing to do? If so, I think you should have voted the other way in the poll.

 

I don't quite understand, but he has the right to speak his mind, whether or not I agree or disagree with his position.

I don't quite understand, but he has the right to speak his mind, whether or not I agree or disagree with his position.

Yes, but "Should they", that is the question? No one is disputing the fact that a players has the "Right", but "Should they" speak about private team affairs?

Yes, but "Should they", that is the question? No one is disputing the fact that a players has the "Right", but "Should they" speak about private team affairs?

 

Ah ah, "NO", they should'nt.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.