Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Future Head Coaches...

Featured Replies

This thread is for the assistant coaches that show the signs of being future head coaches. I like to keep up on the current and future coaches of NKY schools, but you mountain and southern schools feel free to post too. Say the coach, current school, and any other details please.

  • Replies 53
  • Views 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope to be a head football coach at the HS level one day.

You don't have to tell me, I have been here for two years...we take the game very seriously in these parts. Thanks for the well-wishes.

 

Let's get back to the thread topic, though. Sorry for hijacking the conversation. :D

Raceland has some asst. coaches that has been or could be a very good head coach for some high school I hope they stay until my son finishes school. I would put this coaching staff up against any in the state.

  • Author

Ludlow High School has atleast 1 future head coach on their staff possibly 2, but I for sure.

Raceland has some asst. coaches that has been or could be a very good head coach for some high school I hope they stay until my son finishes school. I would put this coaching staff up against any in the state.

Raceland has a staff of head coaches:

Randy Vanhoof - Current Head Coach

T.J. Maynard - Former UK lineman, current DC, past Head Coach at Greenup County, and should be the next Head Coach at Raceland.

Mike Lewis - Forum DC at Ironton, OH, and could be a Head Coach at any High School.

Mike Francis - Could easily be a head coach some day.

Gary Fannin - Young, but could be a head coach some day.

Woods, Pack, and Helton are all quality coaches that could be head coaches some day, time will tell.

Edited by Ram

  • Author

The sure shot at Ludlow is Jordan Logan. He's only 21 and the DC. He brings high energy to his D and studies more film than I've seen most HC study. He's going to have a very sucessful career as a head coach one day.

It is too bad for Mr. Logan that so many people in administration age discriminate. He is a baby in their eyes, and hasn't paid his dues. He could be the best coach in the world and be shot down for a lesser coach that happens to be 10 or 20 years older. Good luck to him though.

  • Author

I'm not sure how much they discrimminated really. When the HC job opened up he was entering his last full year of college and couldn't commit enough time to football to be a HC. He finishes school in Dec. I believe and I look for him to be a Head coach somewhere in this state the following year. He'll have the opportunities to. Ludlow needs to go ahead and name him the coach after Hornsby hangs it up. You can't let a home grown boy that can coach like that get away.

Oh I don't really know about his situation...I was referring to the age discrimination in general that happens to younger coaches.

 

 

Back on topic: Greg Duncum at Corbin. Even though he is not coaching this year, he was a former head coach at North Laurel and returned to Corbin as an assisstant. He is a quality person and coach. He will be a good one if he decides to return to coaching.

Two things that hurt young coaches: age and lack of head coaching experience. I have heard the latter in many of my interviews before.

Right...it is funny that one has to be "older" to be a head coach. I believe in paying dues, but to what degree? If you can coach, what is the problem? The energy younger guys bring is good for a program. I am biased of course, but the fact is there are a lot of younger guys out there that could be good head coaches now.

 

We may need to start a new thread on this one, rather than hi-jacking this one.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.