March 30, 200917 yr Author Talking about young coaches... will Wojo ever leave Duke or do you think he will be the next coach there?
March 30, 200917 yr Here's my thought process: Dixon is losing a lot in the top confrence in the nation right now. He has a chance to go to a bigger basketball school with more money in Arz. The only reason I could see him not doing it would be following a legend. Connecting the dots he used to coach out in Arz before coming to Pitt so he is connected there. IF HE LEAVES: Miller played at Pitt so would be a great fit there IMO as one of the young up and coming coaches. This would leave Xavier and Memphis looking for a coach. Would love to see Pelphrey move up and get one of those. Xavier would bring him closer to home. Arkansas is a bigger name program than both of those. The logical next step for Pelphrey from Arkansas is UK.
March 30, 200917 yr Arkansas is a bigger name program than both of those. The logical next step for Pelphrey from Arkansas is UK.Wouldn't Memphis be able to throw a ton of money at him?
March 30, 200917 yr Wouldn't Memphis be able to throw a ton of money at him? Why would they throw a ton of money at a guy coming off a losing season and 2-14 in the sec?
March 30, 200917 yr Wouldn't Memphis be able to throw a ton of money at him? Why would they throw a ton of money at a guy coming off a losing season and 2-14 in the sec? Exactly. The best thing for Pelphrey right now is to rebuild Arkansas as quick as he can or else risk backsliding to a lower-profile job.
March 30, 200917 yr Author Arkansas is a bigger name program than both of those. The logical next step for Pelphrey from Arkansas is UK. I would think they wouldn't be able to throw money that somebody like Memphis could at him. Easier confrence for him too I think.
March 30, 200917 yr My prediction: Calipari to UK Anderson to Memphis Gillespie to Mizzou Dixon to Arizona Miller to Pitt Altman to Xavier
March 30, 200917 yr Here's my thought process: Dixon is losing a lot in the top confrence in the nation right now. He has a chance to go to a bigger basketball school with more money in Arz. The only reason I could see him not doing it would be following a legend. Connecting the dots he used to coach out in Arz before coming to Pitt so he is connected there. IF HE LEAVES: Miller played at Pitt so would be a great fit there IMO as one of the young up and coming coaches. This would leave Xavier and Memphis looking for a coach. Would love to see Pelphrey move up and get one of those. Xavier would bring him closer to home. Pelphrey has a better job than either of those jobs.
March 31, 200917 yr I would think they wouldn't be able to throw money that somebody like Memphis could at him. Easier confrence for him too I think. How do you figure? Arkansas is a lot like UK. There's no other game in the state.
March 31, 200917 yr Why would Pittsburgh's coach go to Memphis? I don't know why, but I heard a similar rumor that Pitt's coach might go to Memphis.
March 31, 200917 yr Author How do you figure? Arkansas is a lot like UK. There's no other game in the state. Ark is far from UK! I understand what you are saying about nothing else being there but it's a tougher confrence than what Memphis plays in. Memphis has more ability to throw money at him. Money never goes out of style. It's not a huge jump (depending on cash) but it's an upgrade IMO. If it's not a lot of cash he is probably better off staying where he is, building something and taking a big job. Wonder if he could be next in line at Fla when Billy D leaves?
March 31, 200917 yr Author I don't know why, but I heard a similar rumor that Pitt's coach might go to Memphis. I'd say everybody will be rumoured there. The reason I say Arz is that he used to coach at N. Arz and is connected out there. It makes a lot of sense for him to go there. Xaviers coach was a Guard at Pitt so that's where I am connecting that dot.
March 31, 200917 yr Ark is far from UK! I understand what you are saying about nothing else being there but it's a tougher confrence than what Memphis plays in. Memphis has more ability to throw money at him. Money never goes out of style. It's not a huge jump (depending on cash) but it's an upgrade IMO. If it's not a lot of cash he is probably better off staying where he is, building something and taking a big job. Wonder if he could be next in line at Fla when Billy D leaves? Again, I don't see where you get the idea that Arkansas is not similar to UK. There's plenty of money there as well, and they're just as passionate about their Razorbacks as you are the Wildcats. They can throw money at a coach just as easily as UK can; they've got the big-money boosters as well.
March 31, 200917 yr Author Again, I don't see where you get the idea that Arkansas is not similar to UK. There's plenty of money there as well, and they're just as passionate about their Razorbacks as you are the Wildcats. They can throw money at a coach just as easily as UK can; they've got the big-money boosters as well. If you ranked the top basketball jobs in the country where would you rank UK and where would you rank Ark?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.