Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Stick's domino prediction

Featured Replies

If you ranked the top basketball jobs in the country where would you rank UK and where would you rank Ark?

 

UK would be higher. His point is that Arkansas is a very good job to have, and is better than Memphis. If he would got to Memphis it would be a step down IMO, plus he be following Calipari and well he wont be able to even come close to doing as good as Cal did there.

  • Replies 35
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you ranked the top basketball jobs in the country where would you rank UK and where would you rank Ark?

 

What he said.

 

UK would be higher. His point is that Arkansas is a very good job to have, and is better than Memphis. If he would got to Memphis it would be a step down IMO, plus he be following Calipari and well he wont be able to even come close to doing as good as Cal did there.

 

:thumb:

  • Author
UK would be higher. His point is that Arkansas is a very good job to have, and is better than Memphis. If he would got to Memphis it would be a step down IMO, plus he be following Calipari and well he wont be able to even come close to doing as good as Cal did there.

 

I already said I can understand the Ark/Mem debate but he said Ark + KY are similar. Not by a longshot IMO. Once again rank where you think the UK job falls and rank where you think the Ark job falls. Not close! I can understand the Ark/Mem and following a legend. Arz is a big job but I'm not sure you want to go in there following Olsen.

Ark is far from UK! I understand what you are saying about nothing else being there but it's a tougher confrence than what Memphis plays in. Memphis has more ability to throw money at him. Money never goes out of style. It's not a huge jump (depending on cash) but it's an upgrade IMO. If it's not a lot of cash he is probably better off staying where he is, building something and taking a big job. Wonder if he could be next in line at Fla when Billy D leaves?

 

I think his point was the Arkansas is similar to Kentucky as in college sports is all they have. No pro teams.

I already said I can understand the Ark/Mem debate but he said Ark + KY are similar. Not by a longshot IMO. Once again rank where you think the UK job falls and rank where you think the Ark job falls. Not close! I can understand the Ark/Mem and following a legend. Arz is a big job but I'm not sure you want to go in there following Olsen.

 

You're looking at it strictly from a basketball v. basketball point of view, and that's not the comparison I'm making.

  • Author
You're looking at it strictly from a basketball v. basketball point of view, and that's not the comparison I'm making.

 

We're talking coaching basketball so yeh that's how I'm taking it. I buy the no Pro teams. I can get on board with the Ark/Mem comparison. Ark has some great fans + money but I'm not buying the Ark/UK argument. It's all good though. I enjoy your posts and am not here to argue. I'll agree to disagree on the Ark/UK. Ark/Mem depends on money IMO. I think you have a lot better chance to win at Mem. I really think Bama is going to get a lot better in that part of the SEC. LSU+Auburn are getting better too. Pelphrey's dad taught at my old school, I was good friends with his sister and will never forget him coming down to talk at our middle school basketball camp. That was about 20 years ago (wow) and I still remember him talking about Goal Setting. That is a pretty good impression he left to be that long ago.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.