Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2009-2010 Morehead State Eagles

Featured Replies

What do BGP's Morehead State fans think the outlook for next year is? I think it is fairly good, we are really only losing Leon, and will be gaining Ty Proffit. I think Proffit will make an impact right away and will end up being one of the better players in the OVC, he was an excellent player at South Laurel and if you are good enough to play at Notre Dame, walk on or not, you must be a player.

 

Faried will be the early favorite for OVC player of the year, Demonte Harper is getting better, Shingles will be better, along with Maze, who could be a canidate for OVC POY as well. Plus, the Eagles have the best coach in the OVC.

 

I'm not saying they could be Davidson, but I think Morehead could run the table in the OVC next year and beat a team or two in the tourney. :thumb:

There are great things on the horizon in Morehead.

Will Donnie be around long? Doesn't this rise to the top of the OVC make him worth more and more each day?

What do BGP's Morehead State fans think the outlook for next year is? I think it is fairly good, we are really only losing Leon, and will be gaining Ty Proffit. I think Proffit will make an impact right away and will end up being one of the better players in the OVC, he was an excellent player at South Laurel and if you are good enough to play at Notre Dame, walk on or not, you must be a player.

 

Faried will be the early favorite for OVC player of the year, Demonte Harper is getting better, Shingles will be better, along with Maze, who could be a canidate for OVC POY as well. Plus, the Eagles have the best coach in the OVC.

 

I'm not saying they could be Davidson, but I think Morehead could run the table in the OVC next year and beat a team or two in the tourney. :thumb:

While I love Morehead and am rooting like crazy for them, let us not forget they still finished 4th in the OVC. Curry was great last tournament, but the reason Davidson was so good was because they had one of the better PGs in the tournament (plays for the Heat now, Richard). The conference should be much improved next season as the Eagles return a lot from a tournament team; Austin Peay lost Drake Reed but brings back everyone else and will be tough; Murray State only losses 2 guards that split time starting this season (but they return two guards that are more serviceable coming off injury).

 

The MSUs will be at the top of next year's conference.

Will Donnie be around long? Doesn't this rise to the top of the OVC make him worth more and more each day?
No. Yes.
Will Donnie be around long? Doesn't this rise to the top of the OVC make him worth more and more each day?

 

I expect him to stick around a little longer than many are predicting. For one thing, he loves Morehead State and has a passion to make the Eagles better. Also, he seems to be a little more trustworthy than many college coaches.

 

I would expect at least 2 more years.

Even though Faried is a rebounding machine, the Eagles need to get a decent big man.

Even though Faried is a rebounding machine, the Eagles need to get a decent big man.

 

You don't think Faried is a decent big man? OVC Defensive Player of the Year, First Team All-OVC, NABC All-District Team, Third in Division 1A in rebounding average, 24 double-doubles

 

Faried could start at power forward for Kentucky.

 

:confused:

You don't think Faried is a decent big man? OVC Defensive Player of the Year, First Team All-OVC, NABC All-District Team, Third in Division 1A in rebounding average, 24 double-doubles

 

Faried could start at power forward for Kentucky.

 

:confused:

 

I'm not running down Faried, far from from it, wish he was at UK this year, to help them out, but also having a good, big man in the pivot would give them the abilty to play Faried at power forward instead of center. Wouldn't you want a fairly decent 6'10", 6'11", or 7 footer who could play and or spell Faried if he was to get into foul trouble? I bet Tydall does. You can never have too many pieces to an incomplete puzzle.

You don't think Faried is a decent big man? OVC Defensive Player of the Year, First Team All-OVC, NABC All-District Team, Third in Division 1A in rebounding average, 24 double-doubles

 

Faried could start at power forward for Kentucky.

 

:confused:

Do you think Patterson is a decent big man? Obviously he is, but he would greatly benefit if Stevenson was a legit threat on the post along side of him.

I said it last night and I'll say it again. I think Faried is a Balkman (from USC) clone...

I'm not running down Faried, far from from it, wish he was at UK this year, to help them out, but also having a good, big man in the pivot would give them the abilty to play Faried at power forward instead of center. Wouldn't you want a fairly decent 6'10", 6'11", or 7 footer who could play and or spell Faried if he was to get into foul trouble? I bet Tydall does. You can never have too many pieces to an incomplete puzzle.

 

They might have a surprise or two in store for next year's class.

  • Author
They might have a surprise or two in store for next year's class.

 

Wire, what do you think of Ty Proffitt? I think he will make an instant impact next year and will lead the team in scoring.

What do BGP's Morehead State fans think the outlook for next year is? I think it is fairly good, we are really only losing Leon, and will be gaining Ty Proffit. I think Proffit will make an impact right away and will end up being one of the better players in the OVC, he was an excellent player at South Laurel and if you are good enough to play at Notre Dame, walk on or not, you must be a player.

 

Faried will be the early favorite for OVC player of the year, Demonte Harper is getting better, Shingles will be better, along with Maze, who could be a canidate for OVC POY as well. Plus, the Eagles have the best coach in the OVC.

 

I'm not saying they could be Davidson, but I think Morehead could run the table in the OVC next year and beat a team or two in the tourney. :thumb:

 

Ty was on scholarship at Notre Dame.

Wire, what do you think of Ty Proffitt? I think he will make an instant impact next year and will lead the team in scoring.

 

I haven't saw him in person yet, but from the talk I'm hearing, he can shoot the lights out and will be a starting guard next season.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.