Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2009 Lawrence County

Featured Replies

What does Lawrence County need to do to improve in 2009? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

I believe our line will be much improved so hopefully that will allow for more consistent play from the QB and also the RB's. I believe that last years team was not as bad as the record showed. The kids played with heart for most of the year and only at the end did they (in my opinion) start to give up. I hope that a win or two early in the season will help them build some confidence. Does anyone have the schedule yet?

I have their new schedule, alot of new teams on it, and they also dropped some teams from their schedule.

They dropped Belfry, Prestonsburg, kept Sheldon Clark and added Tolsia W.V. to their schedule. They play Shelby Valley this year and at last I heard Winfield W.V. but I think they dropped them.

How many boys are out for the team this year? Any new talent?

I am sincerely wishing nothing but the best to this hard working group of young men!

Can any of you Lawrence County fans either tell me (description) or post pics of what Lawrence County's helmet looked like in 1999, 2000, 2003 and 2004. Thanks in advance.

I think LC will shock a lot of people this year. I just know the tradition down there and I think it will shine through and cover up last year's record.

I think LC will shock a lot of people this year. I just know the tradition down there and I think it will shine through and cover up last year's record.

 

I agree, the Lawrence Co. community and fans are alot like Raceland fans in that they love football and expect sucsess. I can certainly remember more than a few LCHS as Louisa H.S. teams that were very tough and played a great brand of football, the Bulldogs took a back seat to no one in our area and beyond.

I am sincerely wishing nothing but the best to this hard working group of young men!

 

Ditto from Raceland fans.:thumb:

I have been to very Lawrence County practice this year, they have around 50-60 to kids right now. They are attending football camp at KCU in Grayson, Ky. They have some really good returning talent on the team, including power running back Shane Pack, and some big lineman. Their qb is still learning, he is only a sophomore,but is a big boy, stand around 6-4 and has a big arm. I know they will surprise alot of teams this year, just the energy and focus you can tell is already there. Coach Salmons is a class act, and is doing a excellent job. They also have a kid that came here from Nitro, Wv and is very fast. They also have some kids that came over from Tolsia, Wv.Look out for a couple of kids this year, Tyler Combs a big sophomore lineman just a hoss. Another one is Josh Spillman.

I look for the Dawgs to win the district this year. I am a Boyd County fan through and through, but with 7 turnoevers, 4 of wich were interceptions in the end zone. We were still looking at the possibility of giving them a win with less than 5 minutes in the game. The Bulldogs are returning almost everybody and som have some solid transfers comming in. East Carter should be better, but not enough. Rowan County has been lookig better the last couple of years and should not be overlooked. Greenup County is a bit of a mystery to me with a new coach. And my Lions have no defense or line play. I truly believe the Dawgs, more than ever control their own destiny. They are very aggressive and play with all their heart. I don't think this district can hold them down any longer. Just how I feel, can't overlook what is right in front of my face.

  • Author

Tyler Combs is going to be a "True" D1 prospect. I expect to see him dominate on offense and defense, maybe starting this year, if not, definitely next year. He will be a Phillip Ratliff kind of player.

I just hate Lawrence Co./P-burg not playing. Always enjoyed that game...

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.