Newport Central Catholic 43 Dixie 41

Boxscore

Dixie Heights 13 6 13 9 41

N C C 13 10 11 9 43

9th Region First Round at Highland Heights

Dixie Heights (13-16) -- Pomipilio 18, Stahl 10, Smith 9, Raleigh 2, Trammel 2.

Newport Central Catholic (18-10) -- Connor 14, Ollberding 9, Pangallo 7, M. Giesler 6, Meyer 5, J. Giesler 2.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Was listening to the game on the Internet via KR sports but they sounded like they were in the bottom of the barrel and I had a hard time hearing who made it. Sorry......

Sounded great to me!! Check it out on archive at sportsjuice.com, and listen again. Hard to hear if you are at the game and listening on the internet at the same time. Maybe you can get your buddy's doing the CovCath games to broadcast all the games if you don't care for the alternatives. I appreciate EVERYBODY that is taking their time to broadcast the games.

That was the longest 5 seconds I ever witnessed. NCC kept tipping the ball, and I was just waiting for the buzzer to go off, and when it did, it was about a half a second too late. :irked:

There must have been some sort of time delay there, b/c my clock said that the buzzer went off right on time:jump:

Sounded great to me!! Check it out on archive at sportsjuice.com, and listen again. Hard to hear if you are at the game and listening on the internet at the same time. Maybe you can get your buddy's doing the CovCath games to broadcast all the games if you don't care for the alternatives. I appreciate EVERYBODY that is taking their time to broadcast the games.

Was actually sitting/laying in Bed (doctors orders) with a sinus infection and a fever. Appreciate what the KR sports does, but last night one of the microphones made one of the two announcers sound like he was in the bottom of the barrel.

Jeramie Conner...
Grandson of Jim Conner former head coach at Newport Catholic , Belleramine ,Boone Co. and Thomas More .

Thomas More's Conner Convocation Center is named for him . Jim Conner a more Christian , Catholic gentleman I have never met .

I agree. Pike wanted to throw the ball up every time he touched it, no matter where he was and how many were on him. Hatton wasn't too bad. He was able to give Trammel a breather every now and then without hurting the flow of the offense. He's a step slower on defense though.

Pompilio carried Dixie tonight on both ends. He's not a flashy player. He just uses his body extremely well to protect the ball. Dixie will miss him big time next year.

Pompillio is a stud. The most unsung player in NKY.