Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

13th Region Draw

Featured Replies

Here ya go:

 

Wednesday

Middlesboro vs. Barbourville 6 p.m

South Laurel vs. Clay County 8:30 p.m.

 

Thursday

Knox Central vs. North Laurel 6 p.m.

Corbin vs. Harlan County 8:30 p.m.

 

Monday, March 9

Semi-finals

6 and 8:30 p.m.

 

Tuesday, March 10

Finals 7 p.m.

  • Replies 31
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All great first round matchups except for Corbin and Harlan Co.

:thumb: The Harlan County team plays hard and is pretty good on "D" but they do not have a big time scorer like the rest of the teams in the tourney. Corbin has way to much talent in this game. The rest of the games could be very interesting. Looking at the sweet 16 brackets, Corbin if they make it could be in the finals if they can win the first game against a team like J-town.

Here ya go:

 

Wednesday

Middlesboro vs. Barbourville 6 p.m

South Laurel vs. Clay County 8:30 p.m.

 

Thursday

Knox Central vs. North Laurel 6 p.m.

Corbin vs. Harlan County 8:30 p.m.

 

Monday, March 9

Semi-finals

6 and 8:30 p.m.

 

Tuesday, March 10

Finals 7 p.m.

 

Thanks Les

Dumb question but where is the region games being played?? Host?

Bell County.

Bell County.

 

Bell Co. is a great place to have it with the new gym. Although beacause there is bucket seats for all the lower level there is less seats than there used to be before the gym was redone.

 

As for the region I think the winner of SL and Clay Co. will be in the finals, probably against Corbin, even though KC is very good as well.

I look for Corbin to be playing in Rupp this year.

Personally I think Corbin should win this, but I still think Knox is playing really good and it only takes one game to mess up. Things would have been real interesting had Knox ended up in the top bracket.

Here goes the Hank Hill region Predicitions.

 

Round 1

 

Middlesboro vs. Barbourville

 

Barbourville has a tough team and great coach. They have been playing pretty well as of late but in this one, I think that Middlesboro will take them in what will be a pretty solid game.

 

Clay County vs. South Laurel

 

This game right here has potential to be a great one. If the draw happened differently, this could have been the game deciding who goes to Rupp. South Laurel has a great team and one of the best staffs anywhere. However, Clay County is a tough out any night of the week. I personally would like South to make the finals so Corbin could exorcise the demons of 07 and 08 should they meet. However, I have a feeling that the folks from Manchester rise to the occasion and say "What you have done as of late has been great, and no doubt you will be back. However, don't ever forget that Clay County basketball is the benchmark of the 13th region." Clay County in the mild upset.

 

North Laurel vs. Knox Central

 

These two teams are similar to me. Both teams have a superstar with Miller and Seidel and 4 solid role players in their lineup. I believe North has a little better post game where Central has better guard play. Guard play seems to always prevail when it counts. The winner of the Miller/Seidel battle should win this game. I'm going to side with the Panthers and pick them in a surprisingly good game.

 

Harlan County vs. Corbin

 

On paper and to hear the pundits talk, this game will be the worst of the first round. As Lee Corso says, "Not so fast my friend." Yes, it is true that Corbin is one of the best teams in the state, clear cut favorite, and had their way with HCHS. Games aren't played on paper. The Cumberland kids which make up a lot of this team, have been here and know what the region tournament is all about. They are probably overmatched but they will not go down without a fight. Mike Jones knows what it's all about too. I don't think Corbin wins to the tune of 40 points like they have been doing as of late but I think they pull away late to win by about 20.

 

Semi Finals

 

Middlesboro vs. Clay County

 

This is another game that people will say on paper Clay should win. Middlesboro has had a very good season but a lot of people are questioning the schedule. While that is true, this team has some talent. I have no reason to believe this other than pure hunch but I think the Jackets pull the upset. Middlesboro will be in a position they haven't been into in quite a while. Clay will had just beaten South Laurel and could be reading their press clippings. I believe Clay will win but I'm going to make my prediction the other way based on something in the back of my head. Maybe it's the kid having a 49 point game but I just have that feeling. I did predict Cumberland in 2003 so hopefully I'm not too crazy.

 

Knox Central vs. Corbin

 

Knox Central proved they can beat Corbin as they did back in December. They also have a kid that has been a thorn in Corbin's side for the past 3 years. No, it's not Cody Miller, it's Chad Messer. If Corbin doesn't put a body on him, it could be an end to a story book season. To Corbin's advantage, they have 3 people that they can afford to match Miller 1 on 1. Focusing on Miller would leave the Hound killer open way too much. If Miller gets his 30, fine, just don't let someone else pop loose for about 15 or 20. I think in the end, Corbin will have too many weapons, the revenge factor, and won't go 2-18 in the 4th quarter this time around. Corbin prevails.

 

13th region Championship Game

 

Middlesboro Yellow Jackets vs. Corbin Redhounds

 

I don't believe this is a matchup of #1 vs. #2 but I do think it's kind of funny that the teams that led the region "record wise" for the better part of the year meet for the title. It's kind of ironic how things work out. Again, Corbin had their way with Middlesboro in the regular season. Will they, when it counts? That could be found out on Tuesday night. I think Middlesboro will come out and give Corbin a game. However, the cinderella run comes to the end as the Yellow Jackets run out of steam about the 3rd quarter after having two tough games before hand. Again, I think Corbin pulls this one out by about 20 points. Will that be a good thing or a bad thing with fellow top 10 Ballard, JTown, or Eastern looming the following Wednesday night in Rupp Arena?

 

There you have it, Hank Hill's 13th region breakdown. I'm basically bored, over analyzing and trying to think of ways for this thing to shake out like this. I've been called crazy many of times and expect the same in this thread. Truth be told It'll probably be South vs. Corbin but I like adding a little variety in my predictions. I'll hang up and listen.

Here goes the Hank Hill region Predicitions.

 

Round 1

 

Middlesboro vs. Barbourville

 

Barbourville has a tough team and great coach. They have been playing pretty well as of late but in this one, I think that Middlesboro will take them in what will be a pretty solid game.

 

Clay County vs. South Laurel

 

This game right here has potential to be a great one. If the draw happened differently, this could have been the game deciding who goes to Rupp. South Laurel has a great team and one of the best staffs anywhere. However, Clay County is a tough out any night of the week. I personally would like South to make the finals so Corbin could exorcise the demons of 07 and 08 should they meet. However, I have a feeling that the folks from Manchester rise to the occasion and say "What you have done as of late has been great, and no doubt you will be back. However, don't ever forget that Clay County basketball is the benchmark of the 13th region." Clay County in the mild upset.

 

North Laurel vs. Knox Central

 

These two teams are similar to me. Both teams have a superstar with Miller and Seidel and 4 solid role players in their lineup. I believe North has a little better post game where Central has better guard play. Guard play seems to always prevail when it counts. The winner of the Miller/Seidel battle should win this game. I'm going to side with the Panthers and pick them in a surprisingly good game.

 

Harlan County vs. Corbin

 

On paper and to hear the pundits talk, this game will be the worst of the first round. As Lee Corso says, "Not so fast my friend." Yes, it is true that Corbin is one of the best teams in the state, clear cut favorite, and had their way with HCHS. Games aren't played on paper. The Cumberland kids which make up a lot of this team, have been here and know what the region tournament is all about. They are probably overmatched but they will not go down without a fight. Mike Jones knows what it's all about too. I don't think Corbin wins to the tune of 40 points like they have been doing as of late but I think they pull away late to win by about 20.

 

Semi Finals

 

Middlesboro vs. Clay County

 

This is another game that people will say on paper Clay should win. Middlesboro has had a very good season but a lot of people are questioning the schedule. While that is true, this team has some talent. I have no reason to believe this other than pure hunch but I think the Jackets pull the upset. Middlesboro will be in a position they haven't been into in quite a while. Clay will had just beaten South Laurel and could be reading their press clippings. I believe Clay will win but I'm going to make my prediction the other way based on something in the back of my head. Maybe it's the kid having a 49 point game but I just have that feeling. I did predict Cumberland in 2003 so hopefully I'm not too crazy.

 

Knox Central vs. Corbin

 

Knox Central proved they can beat Corbin as they did back in December. They also have a kid that has been a thorn in Corbin's side for the past 3 years. No, it's not Cody Miller, it's Chad Messer. If Corbin doesn't put a body on him, it could be an end to a story book season. To Corbin's advantage, they have 3 people that they can afford to match Miller 1 on 1. Focusing on Miller would leave the Hound killer open way too much. If Miller gets his 30, fine, just don't let someone else pop loose for about 15 or 20. I think in the end, Corbin will have too many weapons, the revenge factor, and won't go 2-18 in the 4th quarter this time around. Corbin prevails.

 

13th region Championship Game

 

Middlesboro Yellow Jackets vs. Corbin Redhounds

 

I don't believe this is a matchup of #1 vs. #2 but I do think it's kind of funny that the teams that led the region "record wise" for the better part of the year meet for the title. It's kind of ironic how things work out. Again, Corbin had their way with Middlesboro in the regular season. Will they, when it counts? That could be found out on Tuesday night. I think Middlesboro will come out and give Corbin a game. However, the cinderella run comes to the end as the Yellow Jackets run out of steam about the 3rd quarter after having two tough games before hand. Again, I think Corbin pulls this one out by about 20 points. Will that be a good thing or a bad thing with fellow top 10 Ballard, JTown, or Eastern looming the following Wednesday night in Rupp Arena?

 

There you have it, Hank Hill's 13th region breakdown. I'm basically bored, over analyzing and trying to think of ways for this thing to shake out like this. I've been called crazy many of times and expect the same in this thread. Truth be told It'll probably be South vs. Corbin but I like adding a little variety in my predictions. I'll hang up and listen.

 

Good breakdown Hank.......

Here goes the Hank Hill region Predicitions.

 

Round 1

 

Middlesboro vs. Barbourville

 

Barbourville has a tough team and great coach. They have been playing pretty well as of late but in this one, I think that Middlesboro will take them in what will be a pretty solid game.

 

Clay County vs. South Laurel

 

This game right here has potential to be a great one. If the draw happened differently, this could have been the game deciding who goes to Rupp. South Laurel has a great team and one of the best staffs anywhere. However, Clay County is a tough out any night of the week. I personally would like South to make the finals so Corbin could exorcise the demons of 07 and 08 should they meet. However, I have a feeling that the folks from Manchester rise to the occasion and say "What you have done as of late has been great, and no doubt you will be back. However, don't ever forget that Clay County basketball is the benchmark of the 13th region." Clay County in the mild upset.

 

North Laurel vs. Knox Central

 

These two teams are similar to me. Both teams have a superstar with Miller and Seidel and 4 solid role players in their lineup. I believe North has a little better post game where Central has better guard play. Guard play seems to always prevail when it counts. The winner of the Miller/Seidel battle should win this game. I'm going to side with the Panthers and pick them in a surprisingly good game.

 

Harlan County vs. Corbin

 

On paper and to hear the pundits talk, this game will be the worst of the first round. As Lee Corso says, "Not so fast my friend." Yes, it is true that Corbin is one of the best teams in the state, clear cut favorite, and had their way with HCHS. Games aren't played on paper. The Cumberland kids which make up a lot of this team, have been here and know what the region tournament is all about. They are probably overmatched but they will not go down without a fight. Mike Jones knows what it's all about too. I don't think Corbin wins to the tune of 40 points like they have been doing as of late but I think they pull away late to win by about 20.

 

Semi Finals

 

Middlesboro vs. Clay County

 

This is another game that people will say on paper Clay should win. Middlesboro has had a very good season but a lot of people are questioning the schedule. While that is true, this team has some talent. I have no reason to believe this other than pure hunch but I think the Jackets pull the upset. Middlesboro will be in a position they haven't been into in quite a while. Clay will had just beaten South Laurel and could be reading their press clippings. I believe Clay will win but I'm going to make my prediction the other way based on something in the back of my head. Maybe it's the kid having a 49 point game but I just have that feeling. I did predict Cumberland in 2003 so hopefully I'm not too crazy.

 

Knox Central vs. Corbin

 

Knox Central proved they can beat Corbin as they did back in December. They also have a kid that has been a thorn in Corbin's side for the past 3 years. No, it's not Cody Miller, it's Chad Messer. If Corbin doesn't put a body on him, it could be an end to a story book season. To Corbin's advantage, they have 3 people that they can afford to match Miller 1 on 1. Focusing on Miller would leave the Hound killer open way too much. If Miller gets his 30, fine, just don't let someone else pop loose for about 15 or 20. I think in the end, Corbin will have too many weapons, the revenge factor, and won't go 2-18 in the 4th quarter this time around. Corbin prevails.

 

13th region Championship Game

 

Middlesboro Yellow Jackets vs. Corbin Redhounds

 

I don't believe this is a matchup of #1 vs. #2 but I do think it's kind of funny that the teams that led the region "record wise" for the better part of the year meet for the title. It's kind of ironic how things work out. Again, Corbin had their way with Middlesboro in the regular season. Will they, when it counts? That could be found out on Tuesday night. I think Middlesboro will come out and give Corbin a game. However, the cinderella run comes to the end as the Yellow Jackets run out of steam about the 3rd quarter after having two tough games before hand. Again, I think Corbin pulls this one out by about 20 points. Will that be a good thing or a bad thing with fellow top 10 Ballard, JTown, or Eastern looming the following Wednesday night in Rupp Arena?

 

There you have it, Hank Hill's 13th region breakdown. I'm basically bored, over analyzing and trying to think of ways for this thing to shake out like this. I've been called crazy many of times and expect the same in this thread. Truth be told It'll probably be South vs. Corbin but I like adding a little variety in my predictions. I'll hang up and listen.

 

First round- Look for North Laurel to pull off an upset against a Knox team that will be looking ahead to Corbin.

-South in a low scoring game.

-M'boro still having a hang over from first district title since 97 and the 49 point game from Brown (B-ville pulls of the upset).

-The Corbin vs Harlan Co. (Corbin has the big edge on talent but I think the Bears slow this one down and play very physical against the Redhounds. Corbin 66- Harlan Co. 52.:thumb: In the end I think Corbin will win the Region and have a shot @ being in the finals of the sweet 16 against Holmes or Scott Co. if they can win that first round game. This may be the best draw the 13th region has had in 10 or 15 years.

First round- Look for North Laurel to pull off an upset against a Knox team that will be looking ahead to Corbin.

-South in a low scoring game.

-M'boro still having a hang over from first district title since 97 and the 49 point game from Brown (B-ville pulls of the upset).

-The Corbin vs Harlan Co. (Corbin has the big edge on talent but I think the Bears slow this one down and play very physical against the Redhounds. Corbin 66- Harlan Co. 52.:thumb: In the end I think Corbin will win the Region and have a shot @ being in the finals of the sweet 16 against Holmes or Scott Co. if they can win that first round game. This may be the best draw the 13th region has had in 10 or 15 years.

 

I'm going to go with:

 

Knox

South

M'boro

Corbin

 

I think Corbin will win the region, beating South in the finals.

 

As you said, if the winner of the 13th (should be Corbin) can get by their first round game (probably Louisville Eastern or Jeffersontown), they will have the opportunity to reach the finals. I can't wait!

Clay Co. wins the 13th.

First round- Look for North Laurel to pull off an upset against a Knox team that will be looking ahead to Corbin.

-South in a low scoring game.

-M'boro still having a hang over from first district title since 97 and the 49 point game from Brown (B-ville pulls of the upset).

-The Corbin vs Harlan Co. (Corbin has the big edge on talent but I think the Bears slow this one down and play very physical against the Redhounds. Corbin 66- Harlan Co. 52.:thumb: In the end I think Corbin will win the Region and have a shot @ being in the finals of the sweet 16 against Holmes or Scott Co. if they can win that first round game. This may be the best draw the 13th region has had in 10 or 15 years.

 

I'm not certain that the draw is that good for the 13th region this year. They may have to play the 3rd ranked team from Louisville in the first round with another Louisville school possibly looming in the 2nd round. I believe that there have been a few draws over the past 10-15 years better than this one.

Clay got a good draw against South Floyd a few years back.

Clay got a good draw against South Floyd a few years back.

 

I don't believe they were ever in the same region.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.