Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bellevue Baseball

Featured Replies

Who will be there #3,#4 and#5 starters.

Won't need them if they continue to throw Tony "rubber arm" Piper the # of innings he threw last year!! (LOL)

And the above if why the KHSAA needs to stop the way they are restricting pitchers via throwing innings to restricting pitchers via pitches being thrown. Nobody has a rubber arm, and one day if you are serious about the amount of innings he is throwing, he will regret doing it!

Tony Piper, while he was second or third in the area in innings thrown, received more than proper rest after each and every appearance. Nobody associated with the Bellevue program would ever overuse a pitcher and they are accutely concerned with arm care and safety. TOG, your assumption to the contrary by alluding to legislated restrictions is irresponsible and offensive and I guarantee you I know more about the situation than you do.

 

To answer the question, look for Seniors Jim Scott and Tony Mayes and Juniors Mike Young and Chad Thompson along with Piper to do the yeoman's amount of work on the hill. All are quality pitchers and all have varsity experience to some degree or another. Seniors Bill Snider, Thomas Barrett and maybe a surprise or two will also be available.

Give Sanders a chance and he'll figure out a way to ruin the good arms by overuse.

That could not be further from the truth.There is not a coach around that cares more about the kids and the health of them than Coach Sanders.He would rather lose a game than risk the health of a young man.

Edited by Ram
Rule 2

Tony Piper, while he was second or third in the area in innings thrown, received more than proper rest after each and every appearance. Nobody associated with the Bellevue program would ever overuse a pitcher and they are accutely concerned with arm care and safety. TOG, your assumption to the contrary by alluding to legislated restrictions is irresponsible and offensive and I guarantee you I know more about the situation than you do.

 

To answer the question, look for Seniors Jim Scott and Tony Mayes and Juniors Mike Young and Chad Thompson along with Piper to do the yeoman's amount of work on the hill. All are quality pitchers and all have varsity experience to some degree or another. Seniors Bill Snider, Thomas Barrett and maybe a surprise or two will also be available.

 

That's indeed wonderful that his coaches care about him, but it's still a very good idea that the KHSAA change the way they restrict a pitcher from innings to pitch count.

 

BTW I commented on the post that said.....Won't need them (the poster of this comment was talking about who were the#'s 3,4,5 starters) if they continue to throw Tony "rubber arm" Piper the # of innings he threw last year!!

 

Then I posted

 

Nobody has a rubber arm, and one day if you are serious about the amount of innings he is throwing, he will regret doing it!

Edited by Theoldguy

Rob Sanders is a tremendous baseball guy. To the guys above who question him ruining arms, I dare you to ask one of his pitchers if they feel that they are being over used. They will probably tell you that he is always on them to properly stretch and to ice. Rob Sanders has brought a whole in the ground up to a program that is respected and known. No longer can a team put Bellevue on a schedule and say "Hey thats a easy win." A guy that can do that I am sure knows how to use and take care of his pitchers. Let us not think of a few years ago when Beechwood and Cov. Cath had to declare a double forfeit for the use of illegal pitchers.

Rob Sanders is a tremendous baseball guy. To the guys above who question him ruining arms, I dare you to ask one of his pitchers if they feel that they are being over used. They will probably tell you that he is always on them to properly stretch and to ice. Rob Sanders has brought a whole in the ground up to a program that is respected and known. No longer can a team put Bellevue on a schedule and say "Hey thats a easy win." A guy that can do that I am sure knows how to use and take care of his pitchers. Let us not think of a few years ago when Beechwood and Cov. Cath had to declare a double forfeit for the use of illegal pitchers.

 

 

As I will explain again, I posted my comment based on a posters comment that a young man (the Poster called) "Rubber Arm" and implied that Bellevue didn't need a #3,4 and or 5 starter....because this kid pitched so many innings last year. I in turn said I thought the KHSAA needs to change the way they restrict pitchers from innings to pitches thrown, and then mention that no one had a rubber arm and and one day if you are serious (speaking of the poster) about the amount of innings he is throwing, he will regret doing it!

 

I truly believe the restriction on pitchers should be pitches thrown and not innings pitched, there is a huge, huge difference between the two and if you are a baseball person who cares about kids, I don't understand how you can't agree with my comment about changing the restriction. I have seen kids throw only two innings, but more than 60/70 pitches and I have seen kids who have thrown 45 pitches but have done that in just three innings. The kids who threw only 2 innings but 60/70 pitches can throw the next day, while the kid who threw only 45 pitches in 3 innings has to sit.

 

A pitches thrown restriction is a much safer way to keep kids from hurting their arms.

I totally agree it should be on pitches and not innings. TOG gave a perfect example of why. I would hope that ALL coaches would put a kids health before a WIN.

Back to Bellevue Baseball.

 

Who is going to be hitting in front and behind Jones for the Tigers?

Back to Bellevue Baseball.

 

Who is going to be hitting in front and behind Jones for the Tigers?

 

 

I assume he will hit 3rd, so the #2 hitter will be hitting in front of him and the #4 hitter behind him.:D

Give Sanders a chance and he'll figure out a way to ruin the good arms by overuse.

 

And do you have examples of this?

Back to Bellevue Baseball.

 

Who is going to be hitting in front and behind Jones for the Tigers?

 

I'm not sure who the #2 guy will be, maybe Buckler or Combs. I could see Hegge hitting in the #4 slot, as his hitting as dramatically increased over the past two seasons.

I don't know exactly what the lineup will look like, but I do expect Bellevue to have a great year! They have kids with ability that are willing to work at developing that ability as far as they can. They have kids who get along and want to win. They also have a coach who is one of the best in the business and is the most caring person anyone could hope to have coaching their sons. That's a winning combination in and of itself.

 

Should be a great year for Bellevue, players, and Coach Sanders!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.