Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2009 Trimble County

Featured Replies

What does Trimble County need to do to improve in 2009? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

  • Replies 32
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Find a coach and build off the last coaching staffs success.

Well considering Spring practice has begun and TC has to my knowledge not hired a Coach they are well behind the 8 ball so to speak and will need alot of help to catch up. Word is they havent even started interveiwing, sad isnt it.

I would say it will be hard to hire someone if they do not have teaching openings. So maybe that is why they are waiting.

Well considering Spring practice has begun and TC has to my knowledge not hired a Coach they are well behind the 8 ball so to speak and will need alot of help to catch up. Word is they havent even started interveiwing, sad isnt it.

 

Considering that only a handful are not involved in a spring sport, and since you cannot utilize 8th graders, numbers for spring practice involvement would be low IF the new coach even thought that it would be worth it.

 

You act as if no one is doing anything to help these poor boys. This is a slap in the face to those people that ARE working behind the scenes, whether you know it or not, to insure that TCHS have the best program in place that we can and that all options are being considered. This includes the administration. Just because things don't follow the way you want them to in the time and manner you want them to, doesn't mean that the best interests of the team and school aren't being put first.

 

Perhaps you would be willing to be a mentor for some of the young men. We have some that could utilize positive male role models that promote high standards of behavior and academic achievement, helping them avoid ACEP and insuring that they pass every class and are eligible next year.

 

Instead of being part of the problem with your negativity, become part of the solution.

TB&G Great Post,

 

BTW,

I would be happy to mentor any linemen you have. They would just have to move to Frankfort.

I have talked to some individuals close to the program at TCHS. Those that are available to participate are in the weight room and working on staying in shape. There are coaches on the scene taking care of business until the new head man is in place.

TB&G Great Post,

 

BTW,

I would be happy to mentor any linemen you have. They would just have to move to Frankfort.

 

Thanks, CoachB. :thumb:

 

Extra linemen? :lol: If only we had any extra!

So I guess nothing new on the head coaching front? Thought somebody said interviews were supposed to be last week or something?

Considering that only a handful are not involved in a spring sport, and since you cannot utilize 8th graders, numbers for spring practice involvement would be low IF the new coach even thought that it would be worth it.

 

You act as if no one is doing anything to help these poor boys. This is a slap in the face to those people that ARE working behind the scenes, whether you know it or not, to insure that TCHS have the best program in place that we can and that all options are being considered. This includes the administration. Just because things don't follow the way you want them to in the time and manner you want them to, doesn't mean that the best interests of the team and school aren't being put first.

 

Perhaps you would be willing to be a mentor for some of the young men. We have some that could utilize positive male role models that promote high standards of behavior and academic achievement, helping them avoid ACEP and insuring that they pass every class and are eligible next year.

 

Instead of being part of the problem with your negativity, become part of the solution.

 

Wow never realized that I was part of the problem and in no way does my comment apply to anyone that is helping the program in any way. I was only stating a fact no coach thats all, other schools are taking advantage of spring practice, but a few, like yours that do not have Coaches in place yet that is all I am saying your kids will suffer like it or not. Like I have said before you take everything I say as a personal attack or something, what is your problem. :isurrender:

Wow never realized that I was part of the problem and in no way does my comment apply to anyone that is helping the program in any way. I was only stating a fact no coach thats all, other schools are taking advantage of spring practice, but a few, like yours that do not have Coaches in place yet that is all I am saying your kids will suffer like it or not. Like I have said before you take everything I say as a personal attack or something, what is your problem. :isurrender:

 

Negativity is part of the problem and has been for years. Everyone wants to complain about all of the things that they think are wrong with the program. No one wants to work to fix any problems.

 

Comments such as "it's sad, isn't it?" is part of the problem. It was bemoaned on here for weeks about how there was no weightlifting going on and how behind the kids would be. Weightlifting has now commenced to three days a week. I didn't see any positivity about that. Instead, it's move onto the next issue that can be complained about.

 

You say that your comment doesn't apply to anyone that is helping the program in any way, yet a previous post disses, I assume, the administration and interview committee for not making a hire yet. You don't know what's going on behind the scenes. I can assure you that the adminstration and the committee are composed of people that want nothing but the best for the TCHS football program and the school in general. You look at things from one small perspective. The administration and committee have to look at things in a much broader way. I refuse to allow those people to be slammed for doing their job, particularly the administrators. We have two of the best, most pro-sports and pro-kids people at the helm that I have ever seen.

 

Seriously. I challenge you to channel any doubts that you have about the program into becoming a mentor/roll model for some that lack parental support that keeps them out of trouble in school or does not promote academics. We are going to be much further behind if players aren't eligible or some of them can't keep themselves out of ACEP than the lack of spring practice.

"What does Trimble County need to do to improve in 2009? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive."

"Find a coach and build off the last coaching staffs success."

 

 

My comment was in response to these comments "to my knowledge" is what I said. And has TC hired a new Coach yet if not then my statement is correct they will have alot of work to do in a very short time this Summer due to the new rule changes on practicing during the summer thats all. I am not trying to be negative but many on here are very critical of others period, like it or not you all do your part in promoting positive and Negative feelings, you are no better than any other on this board.

 

Let me end by saying that I would be honored to be apart of TC football, but circumstances, health issues and others, do not allow me to do much more than just watch from the sidelines and give a few words of perspective on here. But I do have a son that if asked I am sure would be more than happy to oblidge in any way you needed.

 

One last thing let me assure you and anyone else on here that I have the utmost respect for your AD (Athletic Director), but again I may not always understand or even agree with how things are done or handled, but that does not in anyway mean that I am "dissing" anyone directly. Good Luck to all at TC this season I will see you on the Feild.:thumb:

To answer the question proposed those who have not hired a coach yet may be doing exactly what it takes to make this a better team. Sometimes coaches are hired to early just to get someone in place without doing a thorough search for the best available candidate. Just to put someone in place without looking beyond this year would be a disservice to the entire program. Personally I am not sure how much is gained out of the Spring practices for small schools when they do in fact have other players missing. Good Luck on the search.

With Trimble, it looks like they are just going to hire a coach base on what position is open or hire a coach already teaching in district. This usually means (not always) they are just hiring a coach to fill a spot and not the best coach. My opinion.

Heard they were going to do interveiws early next week.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.