Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mississippi 81 Tennessee 65

Featured Replies

Maybe the point was that I was agreeing with you :notworthy:

 

 

 

:taz: :taz: :taz: :taz: :taz: :taz: :taz: :taz: :taz: :taz:

 

He can't even take a compliment sometimes. :idunno:

  • Replies 45
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SEC football is the same deal as Big East hoops right now. Both are likely over and under hyped on several levels...

 

I'd buy that except the SEC football schools are winning national titles.

 

Big East hoops?

 

Well, the Big East has only had 3 teams make it to the Final Four (or beyond) in the past 13 years. Georgetown in '07 (Lost in Final 4), Syracuse in '96 & ' 03 (Runner Up & National Champs) & Uconn in '04 & '99 (2 National titles).

 

And, correct me if I'm mistaken, but "the merger" hadn't taken place in '04.

I'd buy that except the SEC football schools are winning national titles.

 

Big East hoops?

 

Well, the Big East has only had 3 teams make it to the Final Four (or beyond) in the past 13 years. Georgetown in '07 (Lost in Final 4), Syracuse in '96 & ' 03 (Runner Up & National Champs) & Uconn in '04 & '99 (2 National titles).

 

And, correct me if I'm mistaken, but "the merger" hadn't taken place in '04.

I'm just waiting for the NCAA to serve tO$U up on a platter on the basketball side... :lol:

I'm just waiting for the NCAA to serve tO$U up on a platter on the basketball side... :lol:

 

:lol:

 

They did to Florida, when Oden was in Columbus.

 

Do you know when "the merger" took place? I can't remember, but I want to say '06.

:lol:

 

They did to Florida, when Oden was in Columbus.

 

Do you know when "the merger" took place? I can't remember, but I want to say '06.

Close enough. 05-06 was when UL, UC, Marquette, DePaul and USF were added and Miami, BC and VT were all out....

I'm just waiting for the NCAA to serve tO$U up on a platter on the basketball side... :lol:

 

The SEC might have more if there were a 64 team tourney in football though. :D J/K kind of, but there were a few years that the SEC didn't have a chance to win the title and they might have. The BE can't say the same in hoops. They get teams in the tourney. They just don't do so well once they get there.

When it gets down to what they look at, this does hurt UK a little...

 

Are you saying RPI is not considered? Not a factor in the room?

Are you saying RPI is not considered? Not a factor in the room?

Your team RPI is not discussed. It is only used as a tool to gauge your resume against others...

Your team RPI is not discussed. It is only used as a tool to gauge your resume against others...

 

While the letters R P and I might not be used its impossible for it not to be a factor since it is a figure representing your year.

 

If you're saying they don't say "well this team is #37 so we'll slot it higher than #39, I agree."

While the letters R P and I might not be used its impossible for it not to be a factor since it is a figure representing your year.

 

If you're saying they don't say "well this team is #37 so we'll slot it higher than #39, I agree."

I'm saying with 100% certainty that your RPI number is never mentioned. You know someone close to the process this year, so ask when they get done. It's only used to see what your record is against RPI 1-25, 26-50 and so on...

Realtimerpi has UT at 18 before the loss. We'll see how much they drop.

 

Honestly, I don't think it will be much. Ole Miss is 68, and it was on the road.

Realtimerpi has UT at 18 before the loss. We'll see how much they drop.

 

Honestly, I don't think it will be much. Ole Miss is 68, and it was on the road.

I'm guessing they fall to about 23. UK needs them to be in the top 25 on Selection Sunday...

I'm saying with 100% certainty that your RPI number is never mentioned. You know someone close to the process this year, so ask when they get done. It's only used to see what your record is against RPI 1-25, 26-50 and so on...

 

From our friend:

 

"Is a factor, yes, mostly in establishing the S-curve and less in who gets in and who doesn't. But not the ultimate qualifier / disqualifier."

 

 

You even say its used with your last quote. What do they do with the info gathered from your record against the teams in the RPI buckets?

Ole Miss is a very tough team.

You even say its used with your last quote. What do they do with the info gathered from your record against the teams in the RPI buckets?

 

From what I know here is how it works. At large teams are compared in groups of 8. They hash out the numbers which include your record against the RPI and the committee ranks the teams 1-8. The 4 teams with the best combined score are put in the field and the other 4 are put back in the consideration pile.

 

What I'm saying is they will not look at your RPI in those debates. Only the RPI of your opponents and how you fared against them...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.