Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boston College 80 Duke 74

Featured Replies

Looks like Duke is going into their annual end of the year swoon with either an exit in the first round of the tournament or the second round. Coach K has got to recruit this team an Elton Brand,Boozer-type for next season along with a quick as lightning point guard,except for Henderson,they are a bunch of role players. UK could beat this team,never thought I would say that.

  • Replies 43
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UK "could" beat this team, but it would not be very likely. Duke struggles with a scoring PG, which UK doesn't have. Besides UK couldn't guard Henderson or Singler.

Meeks could guard Henderson, and Singler isn't that unstoppable IMO. I would love to see the matchup.

Meeks could guard Henderson, and Singler isn't that unstoppable IMO. I would love to see the matchup.

 

Meeks isn't a very good on the ball defender, that's been talked about ad-naseum on here. Singler is very good. He averages 15.8 ppg, 8.2 rpg, 2.7 apg, 1.7 spg.....Now, I want to be clear here, I am not saying that Singler is going to be Laettner, but look at this. Christian's sophomore season looked like this....16.3 ppg, 9.6 rpg, 2.2 apg, 1.1 bpg, 1.1 spg....

Meeks isn't a very good on the ball defender, that's been talked about ad-naseum on here. Singler is very good. He averages 15.8 ppg, 8.2 rpg, 2.7 apg, 1.7 spg.....Now, I want to be clear here, I am not saying that Singler is going to be Laettner, but look at this. Christian's sophomore season looked like this....16.3 ppg, 9.6 rpg, 2.2 apg, 1.1 bpg, 1.1 spg....

 

Singler is good but by no means is he unstoppable. He's a solid player, who when hot, can fill it up from the outside.

Meeks isn't a very good on the ball defender, that's been talked about ad-naseum on here. Singler is very good. He averages 15.8 ppg, 8.2 rpg, 2.7 apg, 1.7 spg.....Now, I want to be clear here, I am not saying that Singler is going to be Laettner, but look at this. Christian's sophomore season looked like this....16.3 ppg, 9.6 rpg, 2.2 apg, 1.1 bpg, 1.1 spg....

 

Meeks is generally considered the best defender on the UK team - that has been stated numerous times this season :thumb:

^ BY who? He barely averages one steal a game?

Singler is good but by no means is he unstoppable. He's a solid player, who when hot, can fill it up from the outside.

Want to know what's crazy? Laettner was 21-2 in the NCAA tourney, with two titles....that's scary good!

UK "could" beat this team, but it would not be very likely. Duke struggles with a scoring PG, which UK doesn't have. Besides UK couldn't guard Henderson or Singler.

 

UK could guard Duke quite well IMO. Henderson and Singler would score some, but wouldn't go off on UK. I think UK defensively would be able to give Duke alot of problems. Their ace in the hole though would be turning us over a lot IMO. It would be a very good game. I don't think Duke is a top 15 team by any means.

Steals per game mean nothing. Yes they are good, but deflections, ball pressure are all great qualities. Meeks is a shadow to the opponent. He bounces around and seems to never get winded. So barely averaging one steal a game doesn't mean he cant be the best defender on UK's squad.

Steals per game mean nothing. Yes they are good, but deflections, ball pressure are all great qualities. Meeks is a shadow to the opponent. He bounces around and seems to never get winded. So barely averaging one steal a game doesn't mean he cant be the best defender on UK's squad.

 

:thumb:

Who,on Duke's team,is going to stop Meeks from going off for 30 or better? And they have to contend with Patterson and the shot blockers.This would be a great matchup.A 2 or 3 point game either way.

 

Sorry,but I have seen them play 4 or 5 times this year. If they are a 2 seed ,then they will be my first 2-15 upset pick in 3 years in the local pot,

Who,on Duke's team,is going to stop Meeks from going off for 30 or better? And they have to contend with Patterson and the shot blockers.This would be a great matchup.A 2 or 3 point game either way.

 

Sorry,but I have seen them play 4 or 5 times this year. If they are a 2 seed ,then they will be my first 2-15 upset pick in 3 years in the local pot,

 

Henderson could stay with Meeks. If they played 10 times, UK would be lucky to win more than 3 times IMO.

Henderson could stay with Meeks. If they played 10 times, UK would be lucky to win more than 3 times IMO.

 

That's what I was going to say.....I'm a UK fan and I hate Duke, but let's be realistic here....

Another tough loss for Duke, they are going downhill at the complete wrong time, not that I'm losing any sleep over it or anything though!:D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.