February 16, 200917 yr hey're 2-4 now in their last 6, and that comeback against Miami looks huge or else it would be 1-5. The Wake & UNC losses are not concerning, but this one and the Clemson one is somewhat. It is looking very tough for Duke to have a shot at a #1 seed.
February 16, 200917 yr ....man, PG play is killing Duke right now....hopefully they can figure that out, and they'll be fine, all the other parts really seem to be coming together. Tough loss, but alas, another tough roadie in the ACC.
February 16, 200917 yr Some of the other losses can be glossed over in some ways (Wake Forest on the road, UNC top 5 team), but this is an ugly, ugly loss for Duke. They're 2-4 now in their last 6, and that comeback against Miami looks huge or else it would be 1-5. The Wake & UNC losses are not concerning, but this one and the Clemson one is somewhat. It is looking very tough for Duke to have a shot at a #1 seed. I really, REALLY want a top 1 or 2 seed. The 1 is looking less likely now, but a 2 can be done, they have to rattle off 4-5 wins here before the tourney.
February 16, 200917 yr ....man, PG play is killing Duke right now....hopefully they can figure that out, and they'll be fine, all the other parts really seem to be coming together. Tough loss, but alas, another tough roadie in the ACC. I thought Greg P was the Savior? I just hate that he wont be there next year. :cry:
February 16, 200917 yr I really, REALLY want a top 1 or 2 seed. The 1 is looking less likely now, but a 2 can be done, they have to rattle off 4-5 wins here before the tourney. I don't see how they get a #1 or a #2 now. They still have road games against Maryland, VaTech, and UNC. They'd have to win out to get the 2, and I'd be shocked if they go 3-0 in those road games. Plus they have Wake & FSU, neither are slouches, still at home. A 3 is probably the best they can hope for at this point.
February 16, 200917 yr I don't see how they get a #1 or a #2 now. They still have road games against Maryland, VaTech, and UNC. They'd have to win out to get the 2, and I'd be shocked if they go 3-0 in those road games. Plus they have Wake & FSU, neither are slouches, still at home. A 3 is probably the best they can hope for at this point. If they finish second in the ACC and make a reasonable showing in the ACC tourney, they'll be a 2.
February 16, 200917 yr If they finish second in the ACC and make a reasonable showing in the ACC tourney, they'll be a 2. The problem is they aren't that good of a team. A guard like Rice is a nightmare for them.
February 16, 200917 yr Duke already has 4 losses in the conference and are assured of at least two more. NO WAY they get a 1 or 2. I think they are looking at a four.
February 16, 200917 yr It would be a miracle if Duke got even a 3-seed at this point. Miracle is going to happen then :thumb:
February 16, 200917 yr Miracle is going to happen then :thumb: The way they look right now, I wouldn't put any predictions in cement if I were you. They still have the following schedule: @ St. Johns #8 Wake Forest @ Maryland @ Virginia Tech #25 Florida State @ #3 North Carolina ACC tournament There's only one guaranteed win on that schedule.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.