Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Brossart B-ball

Featured Replies

Coach Geiman Eberhard announces she will not be returning to coach Brossart next season. Any thoughts?

Hire back Ray Kues. Mistake letting him go.

 

Barring that, hire Brad Riley from Campbell County.

Edited by bugatti
Rule 13.

Hire back Ray Kues. Mistake letting him go.

 

Barring that, hire Brad Riley from Campbell County.

 

This would be a good choice for a hire.

The girls basketball program at Brossart is at a very pivotal stage and the right replacement will factor strongly into which direction the program will head.

 

The new head coach will face the challenge of re-energizing the program within the school itself, and within our feeder grade schools to re-generate interest in coming to Brossart. He/she will have to earn the confidence of those potential Lady 'Stangs and sincerely convince them that they will have a positive experience and successfully compete at the highest level - and then follow-thru.

 

The potential for the future speaks for itself. There is a plethora of young talent out there, waiting and watching to see if they are willing to trust their futures to the new administration.

 

Brossart is unlike other high schools, in that we have to compete for our own district feeder-school student/athletes. The new coach will not only have to be knowledgeable in the concepts of the game, but also be a great public relations person, visible in the community, promoting our school and the girls basketball program, and then back it up by getting positive results.

 

Reversing negative trends is not always easy, but with this opportunity availing itself, it presents a window of opportunity to begin the process and to begin making strides for a brighter future.

 

I encourage our administration to factor in all of the above in making a wise choice, and I would hope that viable candidates who are out there would realize the tremendous potential that this program possesses and be willing to accept the challenge of re-building a once proud girls basketball program.

Edited by Mustang

I think the decision as to who the next head coach will be should be an easy one.

You've got a person teaching in the building who is the second winningest active girls basketball coach in Northern Kentucky. He has the led the Lady Stangs to an All "A" state title and runnerup as well as numerous All "A" 10th Region titles.

He has coached Brossart to their only 10th Region title and their only appearance in the Girls Sweet 16.

He is currently coaching at the smallest public high school in the state, leading them to double digit wins in only their second season of varsity play after the program was shut down for several years because of a lack of interest.

It's time for Brossart to return to being one of the top contenders in the 10th Region year in and year out.

I think the decision as to who the next head coach will be should be an easy one.

You've got a person teaching in the building who is the second winningest active girls basketball coach in Northern Kentucky. He has the led the Lady Stangs to an All "A" state title and runnerup as well as numerous All "A" 10th Region titles.

He has coached Brossart to their only 10th Region title and their only appearance in the Girls Sweet 16.

He is currently coaching at the smallest public high school in the state, leading them to double digit wins in only their second season of varsity play after the program was shut down for several years because of a lack of interest.

It's time for Brossart to return to being one of the top contenders in the 10th Region year in and year out.

 

Will never happen if Mel Webster has the final say.

Hire back Ray Kues. Mistake letting him go.

 

Barring that, hire Brad Riley from Campbell County.

I would be absolutely shocked if Kues were re-hired. It will never happen IMO. Whatever reasons they had for his dismissal were several years ago I wouldn't think haven't changed, and I think Brossart would be making a big mistake in re-hiring someone they basically fired.

The aspect of hiring Riley might be money. I'd be surprised if he wasn't making more money now than a parocial school could pay him as head coach. He may be willing to take the job to become a head coach, but he sure isn't going to get rich doing it.

If someone is doing it for the money,right away I know they would be a wrong pick.

Passion for the game and letting the girls know that you have their best interests at heart Is what will make a successful coach.

Totally agree with LBBC, Ray Kues should never have been let go and should be the coach at Brossart. He is one of the VERY best coaches in the entire state at any level!

Totally agree with LBBC, Ray Kues should never have been let go and should be the coach at Brossart. He is one of the VERY best coaches in the entire state at any level!

I don't think hs coaching ability had anything to do with his dismissal. Therefore, unless the reason he was let go is no longer valid how could he be hired back. And before anyone asks, I have NO idea what the problem was, but had several people very close to the program say it was not his win/lose record.

I don't think hs coaching ability had anything to do with his dismissal. Therefore, unless the reason he was let go is no longer valid how could he be hired back. And before anyone asks, I have NO idea what the problem was, but had several people very close to the program say it was not his win/lose record.

 

I am with you on this one. I am an outsider and don't know the situation. It is great that so many people think so high of his coaching abilities. I have to say though, if he was so great, then why did they let him go? It had to be for some reason. Just like when a parent yells at the coach for not playing their "all star" kid. Because we all know coaches LOVE to sit their best players on the bench. Things aren't always what they seem!

 

Good luck to Brossart. If this is a "crossroads" as some one posted, I hope they find the right person for the players!

I am with you on this one. I am an outsider and don't know the situation. It is great that so many people think so high of his coaching abilities. I have to say though, if he was so great, then why did they let him go? It had to be for some reason. Just like when a parent yells at the coach for not playing their "all star" kid. Because we all know coaches LOVE to sit their best players on the bench. Things aren't always what they seem!

 

Good luck to Brossart. If this is a "crossroads" as some one posted, I hope they find the right person for the players!

 

I do not have a dog in this fight either, but I think if you were to ask either coach you may get the same response from both. Both coaches are very good people which are very respected in the basketball community and I think if someone were to look deep into both situtations you may find a lack of administrative support. I also know of people that would be in the know, and I can honestly say that the night the annoucement of Coach Eberhard not returning someone in an administrative position was already stating the applicatons had been received for her replacement. If this was said I find that to be very unprofessional to make such a statement while the season has not even concluded and not to be very respectful of their current coach.

 

I honestly feel that Coach Kues should be considered as a candidate. This would not be the first time a school has brought a Coach back.

 

I have talked with many people from Silver Grove and they are very happy with what he has done for not only the school, but what he has done for the girls on and off the court. He seems to be very happy with his current coaching job and who knows he may or may not want to go back, but that is a question he would have to be asked.

 

Looking at Mustangs comments, I feel he very much hit the nail on the head with stating how important of a decision it will be to name the right person to replace Coach E. and by some of the other comments that were made it does seem to point in a direction of possible lack of administration support, but I could have been reading between the lines wrong?

 

No matter the outcome, lets hope the right decision is made on the next coach and the people making that decision look at what is best for the players of the Brossart program.

I do not have a dog in this fight either, but I think if you were to ask either coach you may get the same response from both. Both coaches are very good people which are very respected in the basketball community and I think if someone were to look deep into both situtations you may find a lack of administrative support. I also know of people that would be in the know, and I can honestly say that the night the annoucement of Coach Eberhard not returning someone in an administrative position was already stating the applicatons had been received for her replacement. If this was said I find that to be very unprofessional to make such a statement while the season has not even concluded and not to be very respectful of their current coach.

 

I honestly feel that Coach Kues should be considered as a candidate. This would not be the first time a school has brought a Coach back.

 

I have talked with many people from Silver Grove and they are very happy with what he has done for not only the school, but what he has done for the girls on and off the court. He seems to be very happy with his current coaching job and who knows he may or may not want to go back, but that is a question he would have to be asked.

 

Looking at Mustangs comments, I feel he very much hit the nail on the head with stating how important of a decision it will be to name the right person to replace Coach E. and by some of the other comments that were made it does seem to point in a direction of possible lack of administration support, but I could have been reading between the lines wrong?

 

No matter the outcome, lets hope the right decision is made on the next coach and the people making that decision look at what is best for the players of the Brossart program.

 

From my understanding, I don't think you are far off with your feelings.

I am with you on this one. I am an outsider and don't know the situation. It is great that so many people think so high of his coaching abilities. I have to say though, if he was so great, then why did they let him go? It had to be for some reason. Just like when a parent yells at the coach for not playing their "all star" kid. Because we all know coaches LOVE to sit their best players on the bench. Things aren't always what they seem!

 

Good luck to Brossart. If this is a "crossroads" as some one posted, I hope they find the right person for the players!

 

Outside of Ray Kues, who would be qualified, available candidates that might be considered?

I would be absolutely shocked if Kues were re-hired. It will never happen IMO. Whatever reasons they had for his dismissal were several years ago I wouldn't think haven't changed, and I think Brossart would be making a big mistake in re-hiring someone they basically fired.

The aspect of hiring Riley might be money. I'd be surprised if he wasn't making more money now than a parocial school could pay him as head coach. He may be willing to take the job to become a head coach, but he sure isn't going to get rich doing it.

 

 

Probably true, but if you know Brad Riley, he's not concerned with money.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.