Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

62nd District pairings

Featured Replies

Can people in BGP land please tell me the INTENT of the following statement

 

Tie breaker #2

 

2. Point difference between the TWO teams that are tied

 

Why would Morgan County follow a two way tie breaking system when the FACT of the matter is, there is a three way tie

 

Furthermore, what documentation proof can you provide that denotes a point system of +11, +7, etc. by tallying up points of games and how bad someone beat the other?

 

Can people in BGP land please tell me that if NETS' team would have benefited from the point differential, an email complaining about the wording would have been sent to the KHSAA?

  • Replies 76
  • Views 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tournament Defined:

1. A sporting competition in which contestants play a series of games to decide the winner.

Just like the other two teams would have challenged the wording had their schools been slated to play Elliott.

Not to bright lying to KHSAA about playing in a showcase and saying it was a tournament. forgot about the coin toss KHSAA should put East at the 4th seed for trying to pull one.

My son who is in the 2nd grade and plays ball knows the difference between a tournament and one game.

 

NOBODY lied, a clarification was asked as to what was a tournament. Is a "showcase" a tournament? Is a "classic" a tournament. All that was asked for by the KHSAA was what was a tournament. Nothing else. I guess GW thinks he is back in the White House and his intelligence reports are still inaccurate. No weapons of mass destruction in the East Carter emails.

Just like the other two teams would have challenged the wording had their schools been slated to play Elliott.

 

I think I can say with some certainty that neither school would have written the KHSAA challenging that wording. They both knew the intent of the rule when it was written.

NOBODY lied, a clarification was asked as to what was a tournament. Is a "showcase" a tournament? Is a "classic" a tournament. All that was asked for by the KHSAA was what was a tournament. Nothing else. I guess GW thinks he is back in the White House and his intelligence reports are still inaccurate. No weapons of mass destruction in the East Carter emails.

 

Are you privy to the East Carter email to the KHSAA? If so post it and clear up their name if that was all that was written.

Can people in BGP land please tell me that if NETS' team would have benefited from the point differential, an email complaining about the wording would have been sent to the KHSAA?

 

Spin it how you want, but by asking that question sir, you are implying that NETS has a narrow agenda and only cares about self. I've known him for a long time, and I can assure you that if/when he has a dog in any fight, his battle will be waged on the foundations of fairness, integrity, and for the greater good of ALL involved. He frames his opinions on what is right, not bowing to established networks of archaic thinking.

 

To insinuate otherwise is petty and irresponsible, not to mention a potential violation of this great site.

 

Good luck to your team in the post-season.

Are you privy to the East Carter email to the KHSAA? If so post it and clear up their name if that was all that was written.

 

No one should have to post any email to "clear" up East Carter's name...To imply that somehow the principal, athletic director, or basketball coach at East Carter would lie, so as to avoid playing another team, or to improve their chances of advancement is below petty, and I feel should call for a ban from BGP...Their should never be a copy of something to placate neanderthals like yourselves who bottom feed for any info to feed your incredible amounts of jealousy and hate...Some of YOU are the reason that sportsmanship has died....Not coaches trying to better the situations of their players. Go Raiders! Good luck Coach Baker against who ever you play, you, regardless of what is said on here are one classy individual and I am glad you represent all of us Raiders!

Spin it how you want, but by asking that question sir, you are implying that NETS has a narrow agenda and only cares about self. I've known him for a long time, and I can assure you that if/when he has a dog in any fight, his battle will be waged on the foundations of fairness, integrity, and for the greater good of ALL involved. He frames his opinions on what is right, not bowing to established networks of archaic thinking.

 

To insinuate otherwise is petty and irresponsible, not to mention a potential violation of this great site.

 

Good luck to your team in the post-season.

 

I don't have a team in the post-season. And I have asked NETS that question. I won't post his response.

Are you privy to the East Carter email to the KHSAA? If so post it and clear up their name if that was all that was written.

 

The email was read in its entirety at the meeting.

I don't have a team in the post-season. And I have asked NETS that question. I won't post his response.

 

So you have no stake in the tournament? And yet you asked a private question to NETS, but then posted it for all to see? I'm having difficulty understanding then, but that's what makes this a great place for discussion.

 

If in fact you do have a reply from NETS despite your attempt at public ridicule, I think that only reinforces what I posted about his character. If there were, in fact, a league of extraordinary gentlemen, he would be a charter member. I'm hoping that after your interactions, you would concur.

 

Have a good day. With no team left, you have my best wishes for at least some good basketball and not-so-healthy-but-oh-so-good concessions.

 

Me, I'll be traveling EAST for my hoops watching!

No one should have to post any email to "clear" up East Carter's name...To imply that somehow the principal, athletic director, or basketball coach at East Carter would lie, so as to avoid playing another team, or to improve their chances of advancement is below petty, and I feel should call for a ban from BGP...Their should never be a copy of something to placate neanderthals like yourselves who bottom feed for any info to feed your incredible amounts of jealousy and hate...Some of YOU are the reason that sportsmanship has died....Not coaches trying to better the situations of their players. Go Raiders! Good luck Coach Baker against who ever you play, you, regardless of what is said on here are one classy individual and I am glad you represent all of us Raiders!

 

Jealosy and hate? No jealosy in fair play. Kids are involved here, and as long as the rules and regulations set forth by the 62nd district are abided by , I have no problem with that. My response was to go radio about a statement he made concerning emails to KHSAA not an attack on anyones character. Everyone wants the same fair chance for their child to advance to the regional tourny. If no coaches are trying to better the situation, why email the KHSAA at all? Of both coaches are trying to better their situation. If BGP would like to ban me it would only help me quit wasting time responding to such posts. My comments have been fair.

So you have no stake in the tournament? And yet you asked a private question to NETS, but then posted it for all to see? I'm having difficulty understanding then, but that's what makes this a great place for discussion.

 

If in fact you do have a reply from NETS despite your attempt at public ridicule, I think that only reinforces what I posted about his character. If there were, in fact, a league of extraordinary gentlemen, he would be a charter member. I'm hoping that after your interactions, you would concur.

 

Have a good day. With no team left, you have my best wishes for at least some good basketball and not-so-healthy-but-oh-so-good concessions.

 

Me, I'll be traveling EAST for my hoops watching!

 

What did I post for all the world to see? I have not made a public attempt to ridicule anyone. I posted an observation and asked a question, don't see how that ridicules anyone, but you have your opinion and I will respect that.

 

And I don't have a stake in the tourney as far as any one team is concerned. I am not paid by a school, so I don't really have a dog in this fight. Its not that I don't have a team left, I don't have a "team" period. I will be at every game of the 62nd District tourney and 16th region tourney and state tourney. But not cheering for anyone!

I agree, seeding the district helps to allow the best teams into the regional tournament. The tie breaker should be an extra game between the tied up teams. Sounds fair.

The irony is that most everyone wanted seeded tournaments and now look at how many people are pleading for a coin flip. I have always been in favor of seeding the tournaments, but there has to be a better tie breaking system than what is in place. The 63rd could have been seeded completely different if a only one make up game was played between Rowan County and Lewis County (I think tht's right). Now, there could be the argument that in the future some teams may not make up games in order to delete common opponents and to have a higher winning percentage within the district and so on. All I can say is that it is a complete fiasco.

 

On the other hand, people can argue that if you win your games, you don't have to worry about tie breakers and what not.

:ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother: THE DOG SAYS "SHUT UP AND PLAY"

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.