Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Louisville Central 3 Peat

Featured Replies

Can Central 3 peat? This year they had 2 players who were top D-1 signees. Can they do it next year?

  • Replies 32
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They again will have 2 D1 players in Robinson and Patterson.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

It is highly possible that the '09 class 3 A Trophey will reside at 10th and Chestnut.....:taz:

Can Central 3 peat? This year they had 2 players who were top D-1 signees. Can they do it next year?

 

And as long as the players stay hungry for another title, they probably will.

 

They lost more talent after the title in 07 and still won again in 08.

And as long as the players stay hungry for another title, they probably will.

 

They lost more talent after the title in 07 and still won again in 08.

 

They will always have talent it is just a matter of the coaches getting everything out of them and the desire to win another one. I agree with you Airves they lost alot after the 07 and they didn't seem to miss a beat.

I agree with you Airves they lost alot after the 07 and they didn't seem to miss a beat.
After talking with one of the assistants last week, They could very well be just as good (if not a little better) than last year. Losing Cobble and Wilson is quality for sure, but they didn't lose the quanity they did in 07. There will be several three-year starters taking the field for the Jackets this fall, most of which have two rings.

 

Central had 13 seniors, but have 17 returning juniors, including Tim Patterson, who I think might the best player Central has had over thier two year championship run. One of the better WR's in the area in Stephan Robinson. And a two-headed monster at QB - Diaz Bolden and Chris King, two of the fastest players you will see in the Metro (I have to think the one that doesn't start at QB will start at RB).

 

They also pulled some of the best freshmen in the city, some of which would have in the past ended up at Male, Manual or one of the green teams.

 

The key to the whole thing is that Coach Scroggins & staff have been able to DISCIPLINE these last two teams. I thought Central's 2004 and 2006 teams were more a little more talented than the 07 or 08 championship teams, but didn't have that intangible of discipline.

After talking with one of the assistants last week, They could very well be just as good (if not a little better) than last year. Losing Cobble and Wilson is quality for sure, but they didn't lose the quanity they did in 07. There will be several three-year starters taking the field for the Jackets this fall, most of which have two rings.

 

Central had 13 seniors, but have 17 returning juniors, including Tim Patterson, who I think might the best player Central has had over thier two year championship run. One of the better WR's in the area in Stephan Robinson. And a two-headed monster at QB - Diaz Bolden and Chris King, two of the fastest players you will see in the Metro (I have to think the one that doesn't start at QB will start at RB).

 

They also pulled some of the best freshmen in the city, some of which would have in the past ended up at Male, Manual or one of the green teams.

 

The key to the whole thing is that Coach Scroggins & staff have been able to DISCIPLINE these last two teams. I thought Central's 2004 and 2006 teams were more a little more talented than the 07 or 08 championship teams, but didn't have that intangible of discipline.

 

Good point I will say they will be right there the first weekend of December going for number 3.

Central will 3 peat, but they wont be the only ones.

 

I remember back in the good ole' days (prior to the 2007 season) when going 'back-to-back' was something rare, at least in most classes, and 3 peating was just unheard of for the most part.

 

Six classes is a joke.

Central will 3 peat, but they wont be the only ones.

 

I remember back in the good ole' days (prior to the 2007 season) when going 'back-to-back' was something rare, at least in most classes, and 3 peating was just unheard of for the most part.

 

Six classes is a joke.

 

I would say there are 6 teams from this past season that disagree.

I would say there are 6 teams from this past season that disagree.

 

I agree with you. Those people who think that it is a joke teams still aren't winning state titles.

I don't have "a team". Are there a few teams and coaches that I particular like more? Sure, for nothing more than the fact that I know them and being close friends.

 

Me not liking 6 classes has nothing to do with "my team" (in my case, teams) winning/not winning state titles.

I don't have "a team". Are there a few teams and coaches that I particular like more? Sure, for nothing more than the fact that I know them and being close friends.

 

Me not liking 6 classes has nothing to do with "my team" (in my case, teams) winning/not winning state titles.

 

It was just a good geuss I can see where you are coming from but all of those six teams still have worked hard and a state title is still a state title no matter how many classes their are.

It was just a good geuss I can see where you are coming from but all of those six teams still have worked hard and a state title is still a state title no matter how many classes their are.

 

I completely agree. I've never said anything about them not working hard, nor have I even thought that or would I ever.

 

My feelings come from nothing, but remembering how it was with 4 classes and with the exception of 4A (Trinity and St.X), there was always a little mystery as to who would make it to Louisivlle and win it. Sure, everybody had their preseason picks, like we all still do with 6 classes----but, there's no mystery now, IMHO, like there was for all those years (for 3 out of the 4 classes at least).

 

I think Beechwood will 3 Peat in 1A. I'm not sure about 2A, however, I will go as far to say that Ft. Campbell and NewCath will be playing in the title game again. Louisville Central will win 3A until they get tired of it. 4A is the most fun to watch and wonder about, because the West is wide open and on the eastside, it's going to be Bell County, LexCath or Boyle every year. In 5A, Highlands (see Louisville Central). In 6A, well, I'll give you two guesses.

 

This year made 5 teams that went back-to-back. Just wondering, but I'm curious as to when the last time 3 out of the 4 teams in the old classification went back to back? Honest question, no sarcasm intended.

This year made 5 teams that went back-to-back. Just wondering, but I'm curious as to when the last time 3 out of the 4 teams in the old classification went back to back? Honest question, no sarcasm intended.
Best I can tell, it never happened ... it came close to happening a few times, but everything never quite fell into place.

I went from 1987-2006 looking at the past state champs. In those 20 years, there were never more than 2 schools to repeat at the same time in 4 classes. The first 2 years of 6 classes, 5 out of the 6 have gone back-to-back.(A man can only watch the Grammy's for so long with his wife before he has to get up for a while and do something else! j/k)

 

Nobody take this personal, because it's not meant in those regards, not in the least. Just facts. I'm just curious to see how long KY will be in a six class system, especially if all five of the past years winners end up a 3 peat or even 4/6 of the teams. (

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.