Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What Surprises Me Most

Featured Replies

  • Author
When refering to great, are you saying Jeff Teague type or Ty Lawson?

 

Maybe, maybe not.

 

But Kentucky doesn't technically need that type of PG, although it would be extremely nice.

 

Liggins isn't the best at driving the lane and picks up a lot of charges, why would I want him as a slasher?

I think that's something much easier to correct with time and experience. I don't like his feel for the game as a PG. I guess we'll see...

  • Replies 40
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've got a pretty good eye for this stuff, and I just don't see Liggins as a great floor general even with experience. I have been wrong once or twice, but not often... :D

 

I'll give you that. UK needed a true PG 2 years ago after the departure of Rondo. If we could have gotten one then, UK would be heads and shoulders better off with Liggins coming in off the bench. Until then Liggins is a way better choice both offensively and defensively then Porter. He's more a threat.

 

Hindsight is 20/20. And it still would have been hard to get a really good PG with UK going through a coaching change at that time.

 

I guess I'm just tired of all this blame going on BCG. He's been here for a year and a half. And truely only has 1 recruiting class that he can call his. Give the man some time. I feel like UK basketball is at the same point that UK football was about 3 years ago. Everybody was blaming Rich Brooks for the lack of performance on the field when all he needed was time to get his recruits in and get them developed. BCG is fine, just give him his time to succeed.

  • Author
I'll give you that. UK needed a true PG 2 years ago after the departure of Rondo. If we could have gotten one then, UK would be heads and shoulders better off with Liggins coming in off the bench. Until then Liggins is a way better choice both offensively and defensively then Porter. He's more a threat.

 

Hindsight is 20/20. And it still would have been hard to get a really good PG with UK going through a coaching change at that time.

 

I guess I'm just tired of all this blame going on BCG. He's been here for a tear and a half. And truely only has 1 recruiting class that he can call his. Give the man some time. I feel like UK basketball is at the same point that UK football was about 3 years ago. Everybody was blaming Rich Brooks for the lack of performance on the field when all he needed was time to get his recruits in and get them developed. BCG is fine, just give him his time to succeed.

I'm not criticizing. Just surprised they aren't looking around much at some of the guys left who could help...

You don't have to have a great point guard to be a winner. All you have to have is someone who will take care of the ball, collect assists, get steals and lead the team (ie. Cliff Hawkins/Wayne Turner).

 

They didn't score points in big numbers. Just led the team and didn't turn the ball over.

 

I look at Liggins and I see a lot of the young Cliff Hawkins in him. Out of control sometimes, next time down the floor does something great. I think Liggins is the guy, he's just hungry and wanting to prove himself. Give him time. This isn't UK's year anyways.

 

 

We have been waiting too long for "their year"

I'm not criticizing. Just surprised they aren't looking around much at some of the guys left who could help...

 

Understood. And I respect your opinion. Just frustrated, if you can understand.

  • Author
Just frustrated, if you can understand.

 

Know the feeling well... :thumb:

When, IYO, will their year be???

 

:idunno:

Bill Gill missed the boat on landing JUCO PG, Bobby Maze, last Spring.

 

If Liggins doesn't improve drastically before next season, you may see a frosh PG out there for BG in Vilarino.

 

We have been waiting too long for "their year"

 

Still two years out, IMO.

 

And maybe next year, but that will only be IF everyone come back next year (and that's huge if at this point with Meeks and Patterson).

Bill Gill missed the boat on landing JUCO PG, Bobby Maze, last Spring.

 

If Liggins doesn't improve drastically before next season, you may see a frosh PG out there for BG in Vilarino.

 

We will still have Porter...

We will still have Porter...

 

:laugh:

I agree with this post. Of the guys he brought in this year non will produce impact offense for at least a year or two. He didn't get a ball handler with good instincts nor did he get a big time shooter.

 

BCG wants the tallest most athletic players he can find. If he doesn't land a strong guard and a big time scorer in the next year or so UK will be in big trouble. Especially with Meeks probably departing.

:laugh:

 

Not saying he is a good option, but I doubt Gillispie is planning to abandon him next year in favor of Vilarino like you suggested.

I agree with this post. Of the guys he brought in this year non will produce impact offense for at least a year or two. He didn't get a ball handler with good instincts nor did he get a big time shooter.

 

BCG wants the tallest most athletic players he can find. If he doesn't land a strong guard and a big time scorer in the next year or so UK will be in big trouble. Especially with Meeks probably departing.

 

:confused:

:confused:

 

I agree with Gametime's assessment. Someone laid it out there...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.