Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What Surprises Me Most

Featured Replies

Gillispie has been heralded as a tireless recruiter, but at this point doesn't seem to be in on any of the best available PGs left at the HS or JUCO level. I've been tracking three that are being recruited by a bunch of high major schools, and haven't heard UK in on any of them. Just seems odd to me...

  • Replies 40
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You don't have to have a great point guard to be a winner. All you have to have is someone who will take care of the ball, collect assists, get steals and lead the team (ie. Cliff Hawkins/Wayne Turner).

 

They didn't score points in big numbers. Just led the team and didn't turn the ball over.

 

I look at Liggins and I see a lot of the young Cliff Hawkins in him. Out of control sometimes, next time down the floor does something great. I think Liggins is the guy, he's just hungry and wanting to prove himself. Give him time. This isn't UK's year anyways.

  • Author
You don't have to have a great point guard to be a winner. All you have to have is someone who will take care of the ball, collect assists, get steals and lead the team (ie. Cliff Hawkins/Wayne Turner).

 

They didn't score points in big numbers. Just led the team and didn't turn the ball over.

 

I look at Liggins and I see a lot of the young Cliff Hawkins in him. Out of control sometimes, next time down the floor does something great. I think Liggins is the guy, he's just hungry and wanting to prove himself. Give him time. This isn't UK's year anyways.

I don't think Liggins has the brain capacity or attitude to ever be that guy. JMO...

You don't have to have a great point guard to be a winner. All you have to have is someone who will take care of the ball, collect assists, get steals and lead the team (ie. Cliff Hawkins/Wayne Turner).

 

They didn't score points in big numbers. Just led the team and didn't turn the ball over.

 

I look at Liggins and I see a lot of the young Cliff Hawkins in him. Out of control sometimes, next time down the floor does something great. I think Liggins is the guy, he's just hungry and wanting to prove himself. Give him time. This isn't UK's year anyways.

 

When, IYO, will their year be???

I don't think Liggins has the brain capacity or attitude to ever be that guy. JMO...

 

You probably didn't mean it this way, but that was a little uncalled for, especially considering the fact that Liggins entered with an LD on the script, correct?

What are your thoughts on Vilarino and Ross-Miller?

 

I don't think either are superstars, but I would think they'll be a step up athletically from Porter.

 

Also, who's the best PG still out there that UK has a good shot at?

 

On a side note, any thoughts on Kyryl Natyazhko? With the serious lack of scholarships for next year, another center doesn't seem like a pressing need to me.

  • Author
You probably didn't mean it this way, but that was a little uncalled for, especially considering the fact that Liggins entered with an LD on the script, correct?

Strictly from a basketball standpoint. Would you agree he doesn't play with a very high basketball IQ? I feel he could do well as a WF that can attack the rim, but I wouldn't want him running the show...

I don't think Liggins has the brain capacity or attitude to ever be that guy. JMO...

 

Inconsistency is the trademark stamp of 99.9% of freshmen. Your seeing it in Liggins. He has the athletism/talent to be that guy. Just out of control from time to time, just like Cliff Hawkins was. He just needs some more time in the system.

 

IMO, its going to tke him a year or two.

  • Author
What are your thoughts on Vilarino and Ross-Miller?

 

I don't think either are superstars, but I would think they'll be a step up athletically from Porter.

 

Also, who's the best PG still out there that UK has a good shot at?

 

On a side note, any thoughts on Kyryl Natyazhko? With the serious lack of scholarships for next year, another center doesn't seem like a pressing need to me.

 

1. I think both have the ability to come in and be the type of guy LC was talking about, but not right away.

 

2. The three guys I'm tracking are 4 star Eric Bledsoe out of Birmingham. Top 50 kid that was mainly looking at Bama and YAB but is open now since both are a disaster. James Beatty of Miami Dade CC and Melvin Goins of Mt San Jacinto who used to be a starter and All MAC freshman before the mess with Ricky Thompson. Beatty would likely be the only one it's too late to get in on because his main suitors have been around a while.

 

3. Haven't seen him play, so not much I can help with there...

Strictly from a basketball standpoint. Would you agree he doesn't play with a very high basketball IQ? I feel he could do well as a WF that can attack the rim, but I wouldn't want him running the show...

 

I think he has a high IQ when it comes to passing, which is the priority of a point guard. Yet, his shot selection isn't all that great and he gets out of control when he drives. So as a WF who is constantly out of control when driving seems kind of pointless, don't you think?

  • Author
Inconsistency is the trademark stamp of 99.9% of freshmen. Your seeing it in Liggins. He has the athletism/talent to be that guy. Just out of control from time to time, just like Cliff Hwkins was.

I've got a pretty good eye for this stuff, and I just don't see Liggins as a great floor general even with experience. I have been wrong once or twice, but not often... :D

  • Author
I think he has a high IQ when it comes to passing, which is the priority of a point guard. Yet, his shot selection isn't all that great and he gets out of control when he drives. So as a WF who is constantly out of control when driving seems kind of pointless, don't you think?

A WF who can slash and kick out. Do you think he's going to evolve in to a great PG???

A WF who can slash and kick out. Do you think he's going to evolve in to a great PG???

 

When refering to great, are you saying Jeff Teague type or Ty Lawson?

 

Maybe, maybe not.

 

But Kentucky doesn't technically need that type of PG, although it would be extremely nice.

 

Liggins isn't the best at driving the lane and picks up a lot of charges, why would I want him as a slasher?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.