Henry County 36 Owen County 35

Not sure why Henry Co. is playing in the Class A tournament. I understand that there is going to be some 1A/2A crossover with teams who are 2A in football (Carroll Co., Owen Co., Newport, Lloyd, Newport Catholic). However, Henry Co. is 3A in football and in my opinion should not be playing in the Class A tournament.

AMEN TO THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The new system is as follows. The 125 smallest enrollement schools in the state are invited to be in the regional All "A" tournies. They go by state reported enrollments from the previous October (so, 2007 numbers for this tourney) and include grades 9 -12. Some of those 125 choose not to participate for whatever reasons, so there are not 125 schools total in the tournaments.

There were problems with inaccurate reporting in past years, so that is why the All "A" committee went to a new system.

As a result, Henry Co is, for purposes of the All "A" tourney, right where they belong.

The HC kid pushing the Owen OC kid is exactly why I have a problem with HC. I think they are a very good team but it's their attitude that I don't like. They talk trash to the other players on the court. I've had a referee tell me that he thinks it is being taught by Coach Holland. All of this is not necessary. Let your talent do the talking and do it with grace and respect for the other teams. I live in Henry Co. and I think that the county can be represented without all of the drama that Henry Co. displays.

The HC kid pushing the Owen OC kid is exactly why I have a problem with HC. I think they are a very good team but it's their attitude that I don't like. They talk trash to the other players on the court. I've had a referee tell me that he thinks it is being taught by Coach Holland. All of this is not necessary. Let your talent do the talking and do it with grace and respect for the other teams. I live in Henry Co. and I think that the county can be represented without all of the drama that Henry Co. displays.

:clap: :thumb:

They may play with an attitude at times but I can PROMISE you it is not taught by Holland. I played for him for 3 years and he was always about sportsmanship. I dont know which ref told you this but your thinking is out of line I promise you that.