Corbin 79 Whitley County 57

Whitley gave Corbin all they wanted, especially during the first half. If Corbin is not hitting from the outside like they were in the 2nd quarter, this one could have been in doubt until late in the game.

You have to give Whitley a lot of credit for how hard they played last night as they really scrapped and hustled to stay in the game. I thought that Lowrie, Crawford, Storms and Prewitt all played well for the Colonels as did Manns, Hendrickson, Smith and Wilson for the Hounds.

D Butcher, He is just a sophmore and he gets better every game. He is a really good on ball defender and has stepped up his jump shot and can be deadly from long range. D has come along to help the colonels tremendously and will be a huge asset to the program as he gets older.

Don Butcher can really become a great player, and could have played better last night but really tired from the JV game plus was having some other problems too. I thought the dunk by Lowrie was the best I have seen in several years, he threw it down with authority.

Corbin continues to prove that they are going to be team to be reckoned with. I can see them playing on Saturday in the Sweet 16.