Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Top 5 coaches in the 9th region.

Featured Replies

Holmes only has 3 players over 6'2 in their starting lineup. (J. Johnson 6'4, R. Johnson 6'5, Pittman 6'7). Riley is 6'0 and D. Johnson/Housely are both right around 6'2. Holmes actually only has 5 players total over 6'2 on their roster. (6'3 Willie Slusher and 6'6 Kevon Arnold being the other two)

 

As far as their defense looking good because they don't play against any good 9th region competition, what games have you been watching this season? They held Ballard to 42 points (lowest output of the season), Scott Co to 65 points (lowest output of the season...16 below average), Bryan Station to 56 points (second lowest output of the season), I could keep going on but I think you get the point. Holmes is a good defensive team REGARDLESS of the competition they're against. They held 3 of the top 8 teams in the state to their lowest outputs all year while also beating them.

 

Henley's defensive scheme has become Holmes' trademark.

 

Lol so basically what you told him is that four out of the five starters are 6'2" and up. Get in the game Jtown lol. But seriously there's no way Willie Slusher is 6'3" is he? nor is Arnold 6'6"?

  • Replies 66
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol so basically what you told him is that four out of the five starters are 6'2" and up. Get in the game Jtown lol. But seriously there's no way Willie Slusher is 6'3" is he? nor is Arnold 6'6"?

 

 

Slushers height doesn't matter cause honestly he isn't too much of an actual contributor. And Arnold isn't 6'6..or at least doesn't look/play like it.

Slushers height doesn't matter cause honestly he isn't too much of an actual contributor. And Arnold isn't 6'6..or at least doesn't look/play like it.

 

You're right. I'm just saying I can't believe he is that tall. It has absolutely no bearing on whether Henley is a good coach, but I'm just curious if I've really been that out of it.

You're right. I'm just saying I can't believe he is that tall. It has absolutely no bearing on whether Henley is a good coach, but I'm just curious if I've really been that out of it.

 

lol you obviously have! ;)

Na, I think youre pretty observant.

Lol so basically what you told him is that four out of the five starters are 6'2" and up. Get in the game Jtown lol. But seriously there's no way Willie Slusher is 6'3" is he? nor is Arnold 6'6"?

 

Slusher is a legit 6'3. He's almost as tall as Rico who's 6'5. Arnold is a legit 6'6. He is a little bigger than Thelen (6'5) of CCH.

Slusher is a legit 6'3. He's almost as tall as Rico who's 6'5. Arnold is a legit 6'6. He is a little bigger than Thelen (6'5) of CCH.

 

 

He needs to start playing like he is 6'6..he plays small.

Slusher is a legit 6'3. He's almost as tall as Rico who's 6'5. Arnold is a legit 6'6. He is a little bigger than Thelen (6'5) of CCH.

 

Ok first of all I think Pittman at 6'7" could be a possible stretch, but I'm willing to grant the fact that he is indeed 6'7". That being said.... Arnold is not an inch shorter... Fact.

He needs to start playing like he is 6'6..he plays small.

 

Arnold is a guard...not a big man.

Arnold is a guard...not a big man.

 

 

Yes and? If you're 6'6, it's not to your advantage to play like you're 6'2. And if he is a sophmore, and 6'6 he may have some growing left, which means he should probably work on developing some kind of "big man" mentality to supplement his guard play.

Ok first of all I think Pittman at 6'7" could be a possible stretch, but I'm willing to grant the fact that he is indeed 6'7". That being said.... Arnold is not an inch shorter... Fact.

 

Here's a link to their team picture...I guess judge for yourself.

 

http://covschools.us/education/sportszone/sportszone.php?sectionid=664&

 

Eli is bigger but Arnold isn't that much smaller than him. Arnold is bigger than Rico who's 6'5.

Yes and? If you're 6'6, it's not to your advantage to play like you're 6'2. And if he is a sophmore, and 6'6 he may have some growing left, which means he should probably work on developing some kind of "big man" mentality to supplement his guard play.

 

Arnold is the same type of player as Pittman..plays inside and outside. Just because he's 6'6 doesn't mean he has to be a big man. I agree it'd be beneficial for him to work on some post moves but he doesn't need them to be successful.

 

See Scotty Hopson from last year who at 6'7 very rarely played down low...he's now starting for Tennessee as a true freshman.

Arnold is the same type of player as Pittman..plays inside and outside. Just because he's 6'6 doesn't mean he has to be a big man. I agree it'd be beneficial for him to work on some post moves but he doesn't need them to be successful.

 

See Scotty Hopson from last year who at 6'7 very rarely played down low...he's now starting for Tennessee as a true freshman.

 

We shall see. I don't think he is as good as the two players you used as an example. The next two years will tell.

We shall see. I don't think he is as good as the two players you used as an example. The next two years will tell.

 

He played at the 16u AAU level as a 14 yr old over the summer with the Johnson Brothers and Pittman and averaged around 15 a game.

 

With Henley and the rest of the coaching staff working with him, he'll become a very good player. Like you said, time will tell.

Arnold kinda reminds me of Eric Daniels, the former UK and Cincinnati Princeton star.

Schlarman from Highlands is a good coach who works well with what he has.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.