Trinity Banquet

CentreRocks

Well I will just say that we have been fortunate to have some experience in this area. It is a "pleasant predicament" to have. But obviously, the long and proud tradition which has evolved in dealing with this subject has appeared to work. I know of no complaints as to the purchase of this most sought after prize.

We appreciate the question and concern - but like other things we tend to do at T - it seems to work.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My son just put down his $50 deposit on this years State Championship ring. The front has 2008 6A State Champions on it with a green football in the center with a T in the middle of that. This is surrounded by small diamonds. On one side is shows 4 trophies for the past four state championships on the other side the kids name and another picture of a stare trophy and the word 4 peat. Pretty neat. Prices range from approximately $300 - $700.:dancingpa

I'll say it again , I am not trying to make anyone mad , it is just my opinion!

I understand that would be a big expense for any school public or private.

But they might be able to use some of the money from gates to maybe offset the cost . I imagine all of your home games were sold, so maybe a small portion could be used to help out in the cost.

I've purchased five rings and all have been expensive. It seems to me that Balfour would give Trinity a discount on the price but they don't. Trinity's boosters run a tight budget, so there is zero money from the boosters. As for Lampley's budget, I bet he could spare $ 25- $ 50 per kid. As for gimmies, no comment. ;)

I've purchased five rings and all have been expensive. It seems to me that Balfour would give Trinity a discount on the price but they don't. Trinity's boosters run a tight budget, so there is zero money from the boosters. As for Lampley's budget, I bet he could spare $ 25- $ 50 per kid. As for gimmies, no comment. ;)

Lampley picked up the cost of approximately 50 additional medals that were given to the kids by the KHSAA for winning the State. The State only provides 50 per team. Talking about expensive, Balfour is into me for my son's Senior ring as well. Trust me, it's well worth it!

I couldn't say better myself, I just think they should help some. And for buying the extra medals, I would bet they cost less than ten dollars apiece for them . alot cheaper than helping with the rings. Just doesn't seem right to me to give the whole expense to the parents.

I couldn't say better myself, I just think they should help some. And for buying the extra medals, I would bet they cost less than ten dollars apiece for them . alot cheaper than helping with the rings. Just doesn't seem right to me to give the whole expense to the parents.

Balfour does offer one that is a lot less expensive than $400.00+. I think it may be in the $200.00 range. I'd like to know what year the players started buying rings. I know Ballard's first team rings were for basketball title in 1979 and their boosters paid for those. Trinity's coaching staff purchased rings in 1977. I placed a photo of one in our 1979 yearbook. The '68 team bought theirs a few years ago for a reunion event.