Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

When did ...

Featured Replies

When did "the ground can't cause a fumble" stop being a rule?

  • Replies 55
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you talking about the TD catch that was taken away?

 

I think there is a rule saying you must maintain possession after a catch even after you hit the ground.

The ground cannot cause a fumble, but that was not the rule. It was just an incomplete pass.

  • Author

How many steps does he have to take? He took two ...

When did "the ground can't cause a fumble" stop being a rule?

 

Wasn't a fumble, incomplete pass

They weren't saying it was a fubmle Jim, they said that he didn't have possession of the ball when it came out. If hit by a defensive player while making the catch, you have to come up with the ball in the NFL.

Are you talking about the TD catch that was taken away?

 

I think there is a rule saying you must maintain possession after a catch even after you hit the ground.

 

It has to do with being hit by a defensive player while making the catch as well. NFL only rule.

  • Author

Same difference. Bogus call.

 

Doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things, but it's still garbage. He had complete control of it until the ground forced it out. It's exactly like a "ground can't cause ..." play in that regard.

Same difference. Bogus call.

 

Doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things, but it's still garbage. He had complete control of it until the ground forced it out. It's exactly like a "ground can't cause ..." play in that regard.

 

Do we need to look up the rule? It's not garbage if it's according to the rules, which it is. In that regard it just means that you don't like a rule in the game.

  • Author
Do we need to look up the rule? It's not garbage if it's according to the rules, which it is. In that regard it just means that you don't like a rule in the game.

 

Then it's a stupid rule. It should mirror the fumble rule. Again, he took two steps.

Then it's a stupid rule. It should mirror the fumble rule. Again, he took two steps.

 

I agree Jim... He caught the ball and went to the ground. It's a shame that after all that work it was an incomplete pass just because it touched the ground.

 

And I dont just say that because I'm rooting for the Steelers. I've said that everytime the rules comes up regardless who it is.

Then it's a stupid rule. It should mirror the fumble rule. Again, he took two steps.

 

Write someone man, I dunno what to tell you and I agree with you in my mind it should've been a catch, but according to the rules....

Jim, I agree with you, as I too thought it was a catch and then a ground forced fumble, but I am not an NFL official.

I think the call stunk, he made the catch, and the ball crossed the goal line, should have been six.

From the time it hit his hands, he took three steps. How many do you have to take for it to be a catch? I understand the "complete the catch" rule but that's usually on the sidelines when they only had two feet down in the first place. It seemed like an odd call.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.