Somerset 71 Whitley County 57

That's a good win for the Jumpers. Somerset moves to 9-10 on the year. As always Somerset will be a threat in the 12th Region All "A" next week. The Jumpers open with Danville, while Burgin and Monticello play in the other semifinal. I'd say Somerset, Danville and the host school Burgin all have a good shot to win this tournament.

How is Coach Daniels doning with Somerset.

After losing 10 seniors from last season, installing a totally new system, having to really reteach the players how to play man-to-man defense (Coach Thacker played more man-to-man last season but most of these kids didn't play much, if at all and were brought up playing zone), and having a freshman as their leading scorer I've been pleasantly suprised. I really thought that with their youth and inexperience that they'd be lucky to win 5 games but they have already won 9. He gets a lot of effort out of them each night and the kids really seem to like him.

After losing 10 seniors from last season, installing a totally new system, having to really reteach the players how to play man-to-man defense (Coach Thacker played more man-to-man last season but most of these kids didn't play much, if at all and were brought up playing zone), and having a freshman as their leading scorer I've been pleasantly suprised. I really thought that with their youth and inexperience that they'd be lucky to win 5 games but they have already won 9. He gets a lot of effort out of them each night and the kids really seem to like him.

Good he is a nice guy.

Disapointing loss for the Colonels. They can't seem to get over the edge.

I'm a little surprised that the Colonels lost this one. Congratulations to Somerset and Whitley County will just have to take it one game at a time.